Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Two of my sons dragged me to the cinema to see a film called "Free Guy" I never knew a thing about it...its Ryan Reynolds so I suppose you know what you're getting...sort of watered down Deadpool meets his Pokemon movie for me,it wasn't bad but I suppose works better if you're into the whole Fortnite/Rust video game thing..which I'm not..it was enjoyable..overlong if you ask me but it had its moments.

To be honest it's just nice to be back at a cinema again(my 3rd time since reopening...which is my 3rd time since 2019!) so it was a nice feel good,humorous,leave your brain at the door 1hr 45...couldve easily been cut by 20/25 mins though.

for those who like me didnt know what it was...

Edited by lettard

• 3 weeks later...

The Big Short

Margin Call

Too Big to Fail

Yep, a definite theme this week. 💵 

Extinction - I think someone here mentioned this and that was the reason I tracked it down. This was a good film. Had an air of mystery but looked to be going down a familiar track before a cool and what seemed like a unique twist. Yeah, I thought this was a cool flick. 

Footy season's almost over, going to try and watch a movie or two when I can soon, I hope. 

• My Little Pony

Cruella (2021)

I mean, Emma Stone. C'mon! I really enjoyed this. I loved all the little nods to 101 Dalmatians. And the soundtrack is dope. It opens with "Bloody Well Right," and that sets the tone for the rest of the film. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching The Killing Of A Sacred Deer. Don't want to say much about it so as to ruin seeing it for yourself. As with every movie I ever watch, pretty much, I put it on not knowing what the heck it was. I will definitely not ever watch it again, but it was an entirely engaging and thoroughly disturbing movie that I would recommend to anyone that likes being uncomfortable. Like I said, very glad I watched it, even if it is definitely only a once-off. 

• My Little Pony
On 10/2/2021 at 7:40 AM, Dead Planet said:

Rewatched some favs ....

National Treasure (2004)

National Treasure Book Of Secrets (2007)

Chronicles Of Riddick (2004)

Riddick (2013)

Hopefully there will finally be new movies in both series in the next 2-3 years....

Are there plans for more?

• My Little Pony
On 10/2/2021 at 6:38 AM, Geoff said:

Just finished watching The Killing Of A Sacred Deer. Don't want to say much about it so as to ruin seeing it for yourself. As with every movie I ever watch, pretty much, I put it on not knowing what the heck it was. I will definitely not ever watch it again, but it was an entirely engaging and thoroughly disturbing movie that I would recommend to anyone that likes being uncomfortable. Like I said, very glad I watched it, even if it is definitely only a once-off. 

I watched his first film, or at least the one before this, Lobster, and loved it. So I immediately had this on my radar when it released. But never actually got around to watching it. 

7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Are there plans for more?

A new NT is only at the writing stage so who knows for sure as for Riddick, Vin Diesel hinted the other day about the next movie coming soon which made me dig out the 2 previous flicks and watch them again....

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I watched his first film, or at least the one before this, Lobster, and loved it. So I immediately had this on my radar when it released. But never actually got around to watching it. 

Yeah, I'm about to do the reverse. Tried to watch 'The Lobster' last night but was absolutely destroyed after a big day and several beverages over watching the Rugby League grand final. I'll try again tonight. I hope... maybe next weekend. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Not a movie, but the last "scene" I watched.

Just going down youtube rabbit holes, I stumbled upon this.

This is the opening to a 1956 movie that I love along with the Star.

I remember when you could count on one of this guy's movies being on most weekends.

The title of the video probably gives it away, but watch until the end to see who it is.

This is a killer movie intro for the time.

Edited by Darkstone

• My Little Pony

Binged the second season of Ted Lasso on Friday night. Eight or so hours straight. I bloody love that show. If you've never seen it, give it a try. It's on Apple TV, though. 

I love westerns. Watched one I hadnt see on Friday night while at my Moms. I really enjoyed all the actors in it too. The movie is called Forsaken. The main actors are Kiefer & Donald Sutherland, Demi Moore and Brian Cox. Good Movie. :)  https://www.imdb.com/video/vi228439321/?ref_=tt_vi_i_2 

Had a cheery night last night watching-

The Lobster - not as heavy as 'The Killing of a sacred deer' that I just watched, but by goodness this dude can create a film. Bit more "humour" than the other one, but just excellent gear. I thought it was marvellous. 

The Purge - been meaning to see this for so long. A bit more straight forward than what I normally dig, but still unsettling in the scenario it presents, and I thought it was a pretty good watch. 

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Had a cheery night last night watching-

The Lobster - not as heavy as 'The Killing of a sacred deer' that I just watched, but by goodness this dude can create a film. Bit more "humour" than the other one, but just excellent gear. I thought it was marvellous. 

The Purge - been meaning to see this for so long. A bit more straight forward than what I normally dig, but still unsettling in the scenario it presents, and I thought it was a pretty good watch. 

The entire Purge series is enjoyable. Even the Amazon Prime show. 

On 10/4/2021 at 4:05 AM, Geoff said:

Yeah, I'm about to do the reverse. Tried to watch 'The Lobster' last night but was absolutely destroyed after a big day and several beverages over watching the Rugby League grand final. I'll try again tonight. I hope... maybe next weekend. 

neither of these are available anywhere in the UK to stream