Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Well I thought Bond was going to be my favourite movie of the year but it turns out with a few days left that Don't Look Up is going to steal the honours.

Brilliantly dark comedy take on the crazy media train and twisted politics of the modern era. 

Great performances by the main cast especially Streep as the president and Blanchett is inspired as the news anchor.

Check it out, Netflix only. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Glen said:

Well I thought Bond was going to be my favourite movie of the year but it turns out with a few days left that Don't Look Up is going to steal the honours.

Brilliantly dark comedy take on the crazy media train and twisted politics of the modern era. 

Great performances by the main cast especially Streep as the president and Blanchett is inspired as the news anchor.

I'll have to look into it. 

8 hours ago, Glen said:

That film is the one being universally panned as the worst film of the year. Even Left-leaning reviewers hate the outright smug political mission of the film, saying it actually has zero laughs in its posturing. But, I haven't seen it yet as I knew it would annoy me seeing elites being smug as usual... so maybe every single reviewer got it wrong lol.

8 hours ago, auslander said:

That film is the one being universally panned as the worst film of the year. Even Left-leaning reviewers hate the outright smug political mission of the film, saying it actually has zero laughs in its posturing. But, I haven't seen it yet as I knew it would annoy me seeing elites being smug as usual... so maybe every single reviewer got it wrong lol.

got nothing to do with being smug. They are not playing elites. Dicaprio plays a run of the mill astronomer 

But don't watch if this annoys you for some reason? 

I thought it was great. 

8 hours ago, auslander said:

PS when did you ever rely on a 'reviewer' to base your decision on seeing a film ??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Pretty much I always disagree with them - they hate everything I like and praise the most boring insipid crap ever filmed 🎥 🙄 

• Like 2

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, metaltrekman said:

Sing, Cruella & Encanto. Enjoyed them all. :D

Cruella was surprisingly great! Emma Stone was perfect. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, metaltrekman said:

Agreed. And Loved the soundtrack too. ;)

Exactly. I was skeptical going in -- I love Emma Stone, but don't have a lot of faith in these live adaptations -- but as soon as "Bloody Well Right" started playing all my doubts subsided. 

• My Little Pony

Save Yourselves! (2020)

A young couple spend a week away at a cabin, and disconnect from their phones and media. I'll leave it at that. This film was hilarious! Give it a chance, if you have the opportunity. 

Bad News Bears, a classic with Walter Matthau. Being The Ricardos. I grew up watching I Love Lucy and her other shows and movies. This was an excellent movie telling just a little about their lives. With at least one surprise (to me). And I watched The Eternals last night. I Love the Marvel super hero movies this one is no exception. Great Movie! Cant wait for the next one. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 7:03 PM, metaltrekman said:

Im not afraid to admit there are some movies that made me cry and probably always will. Last night I watched "No Time To Die" and loved it, but its the first action movie that made me choke up. Thats all I will say. :(

Here is a pretty good article from Daniel Craig & the Producers about why they did what they did & the iconic role's future. ;) https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-james-bond-had-die-120539672.html

Ghostbusters Afterlife was pretty goof.Created a new term watching it.
MIPWLF - mum I probably wouldn't like to fuck

Just watched the first two of the most recent Spidermen series. About to watch the latest.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:53 PM, CureTheSane said:

Ghostbusters Afterlife was pretty goof.Created a new term watching it.
MIPWLF - mum I probably wouldn't like to fuck

Just watched the first two of the most recent Spidermen series. About to watch the latest.

Once you get to Spiderman No Way Home and seeing the always "huggable" Marissa Tomei you won't be using your new term this is for certain.