Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

On 12/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, CureTheSane said:

Fatman - Saantya flick with Mel Gibson as Santa and Walter Goggins as the hit man hired to kill him. Good enough. Some unexpected twists, which is always nice.

Freaky - started as your typical teen horror type flivk, but took a nice twist, I didn't know what the movie was about so I won't disclose the plot, but worth seeing without checking out trailers. Vince Vaughn is in it and does well.

Boss Level - pretty sure this is some video game type movie rip off. No fucking ending, whcih sucked...

Tenet - The dude from Ballers and Blackkklansman is in ity. He was pretty good, but this was a Matrix/Inception style movie, that requires pretty much full attention through it's 2 1/2 hours. Pretty average overall.

Tenet was soooooo confusing. & the sound was just weird....speech so lost in the mix. overall v disappointing

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 2/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, martinsane said:

Willy's Wonderland - Good shit. Bad, but good. Fat Freddy would love this. Some dough was spent on practical effects and Nick Cage's wackier than you persona with zero lines is  pleasant.

I haven't seen it, but apparently there's a character called "Ozzie Ostrich".

Aussies of my vintage will get a kick out of that.

We grew up with "Ossie Ostrich".

On 2/22/2021 at 6:50 PM, Darkstone said:

I haven't seen it, but apparently there's a character called "Ozzie Ostrich".

Aussies of my vintage will get a kick out of that.

We grew up with "Ossie Ostrich".

That is awesome and yes there is, however a wee bit less wholesome looking from the film than the kids show...

Of note the company that made the film has released official "the janitor" t shirts and I did partake in that.

• Like 1

LOL :D ok Im going to admit right here and now that I enjoy Romantic Comedies. ;) I Love a movie that makes you feel good.  Along with the Action, SciFi, Westerns, Animated, Mystery, Historical, War, Biographical and others I have always enjoyed a good RomCom. I watched one tonight and it even had a little Fantasy to it. It is called "The Map Of Tiny Perfect Things".  I really enjoyed it. :D  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11080108/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• My Little Pony
35 minutes ago, metaltrekman said:

LOL :D ok Im going to admit right here and now that I enjoy Romantic Comedies. ;) I Love a movie that makes you feel good.  Along with the Action, SciFi, Westerns, Animated, Mystery, Historical, War, Biographical and others I have always enjoyed a good RomCom. I watched one tonight and it even had a little Fantasy to it. It is called "The Map Of Tiny Perfect Things".  I really enjoyed it. :D  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11080108/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I enjoy RomComs, too. Dunno if I can handle another teen film, though. I'll look into it. 

Saw I Care A Lot
Was ok for most of the film.
As it started winding up, I started rolling my eyes and thinking I'd given up 2 hours of my life.
Then I enjoyed the ending. No Sixth Sense, but redeemed the movie and gave it a solid better than average.

3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Saw I Care A Lot
Was ok for most of the film.
As it started winding up, I started rolling my eyes and thinking I'd given up 2 hours of my life.
Then I enjoyed the ending. No Sixth Sense, but redeemed the movie and gave it a solid better than average.

I watched it last night too. I thought it was pretty good. It ended like I thought it would. Surprised it didnt happen sooner in the movie. ;) They were made for each other. LOL 

Watched...

Say It Isn't So

The 13th Warrior

on star/disney+ last night,hadn't watched them in years,not as good as I'd remembered them but still ok to pass a few hours.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:28 PM, martinsane said:

However The Hunt, was excellent. Go watch that one immediately.

yeah The Hunt is very fun

I watched Ghosts of War (2020), WWII supernatural horror with a weird twist at the end, but overall it's ok. It had a little different plot from another recent WWII horror movie Overlord (2018)

Edited by Invisible_man

7 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

yeah The Hunt is very fun

I watched Ghosts of War (2020), WWII supernatural horror with a weird twist at the end, but overall it's ok. It had a little different plot from another recent WWII horror movie Overlord (2018)

I did like that Overload, so is the Ghost of War worth a watch?

Willy's Wonderland.

Cool quirky movie. Nic Cage battles human soul possessed animatronics.
Hope he wasn't paid per spoken word in this one :)

My only advice is watch when you are relaxed, destressed and are able to turn off your brain and roll with the movie.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Willy's Wonderland.

Cool quirky movie. Nic Cage battles human soul possessed animatronics.
Hope he wasn't paid per spoken word in this one :)

My only advice is watch when you are relaxed, destressed and are able to turn off your brain and roll with the movie.

You must've had a chuckle when "Ozzy Ostrich" made an appearance. 

1 minute ago, Darkstone said:

You must've had a chuckle when "Ozzy Ostrich" made an appearance. 

I did.
My wife and daughter watched this with me, and I said "holy fuck, Ozzy Ostrich is in this, was wondering where he ended up.

My daughter loved it, I knew she would dig it when it started because she lives movies like this.
My wife I wasn't so sure about but she dug it also.
That said, she love Nic Cage, but more the Captain Corelli's Mandolin or National Treasure version, rather than the Ghost Rider version.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I did.
My wife and daughter watched this with me, and I said "holy fuck, Ozzy Ostrich is in this, was wondering where he ended up.

My daughter loved it, I knew she would dig it when it started because she lives movies like this.
My wife I wasn't so sure about but she dug it also.
That said, she love Nic Cage, but more the Captain Corelli's Mandolin or National Treasure version, rather than the Ghost Rider version.

Nic Cage is always good value.

As for Ozzy/Ossie, Ernie Carroll is still alive. I wonder if he's aware of this?

Played some catchup and plowed through a handful of films.

Class of '84 - Excellent! I am sure it will get WAAAAY to many Stranger Things comparison but for me it was more Goonies meets The Burbs, but regardless it was very well done.

Toy Story 4 - Damn you Disney. Just damn you. This was another great Pixar/Disney pairing and the Toy Story is the GOAT of the combo. Really dug this one and the message is tear worthy. Well done.

3 From Hell - Bad ass, but many already knew this. So many character actors in this one and you got to love Barry Bostwick as the narrator.

Coming 2 America - Yep the 2nd installment in the franchise and truth be told it ticked all the boxes and was quite watchable. Seemed that everyone from the 1st was back for number 2. Certainly worth an hour and a half.

Boogie Nights - This was a guilty pleasure re-watch. Couldn't be helped and it is still a real good movie.

Spree - Harmless little ditty with one of the teenagers from Stranger Things as a UBER/LYFT type driver that wants to be famous on the Youtube, so to get likes he starts killing folks, IE: "spree". Some funny bits and certainly not bad.

The House That Jack Built - This was not bad either and had a lot of gory bits. Ran a little long and certainly didn't lack in the pretentious department, but apparently I am not hep and Lars Von Trier is.

Not a movie put binged season 3 of Paradise PD on Netflix and if you haven't watched this, god damn do it and do it now. SOOOOOO fucking funny and hyper non PC. So many dick, blowjob titty jokes its staggering. I fucking love this. I hope they make more more more.

And it was a little while back but I did watch Mank and do yourself a solid and watch this. Gary O is a stud and is out of everyone's league. Great movie.

Oh and revisited Sutter Island. Boy this one was well done as well. Holds up well even after knowing the twist.

• My Little Pony
On 3/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, martinsane said:

And it was a little while back but I did watch Mank and do yourself a solid and watch this. Gary O is a stud and is out of everyone's league. Great movie.

I really wanna watch this, but I also really wanna watch Citizen Kane again first.