Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I watched an old 1985 post-apocalyptic movie called Wheels of Fire. It was insane. They literally had the bad guys driving around with a topless chick tied to the bonnet of their car at one stage. Anyway  it was good stuff. They don't make b-movies like that nowadays.852927254_images(48).jpeg.dd758c50b4ae50a4fe0c04210d392c40.jpeg

Edited by auslander

• My Little Pony

Free Guy (2021)

I think how you rate this depends on your knowledge of video games. If you're a gamer, you're gonna love this. There are so many Easter eggs. Everything goings ons in the background is always something you'll find happening in a game. And it's hilarious. They nailed the world building. 

Apart from that, yes, it's a pretty standard, predictable, easy-going film. Nothing bad about it. Nothing great about it. But for the nerds, it will hit home. And hit home hard!

16 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Free Guy (2021)

I think how you rate this depends on your knowledge of video games. If you're a gamer, you're gonna love this. There are so many Easter eggs. Everything goings ons in the background is always something you'll find happening in a game. And it's hilarious. They nailed the world building. 

Apart from that, yes, it's a pretty standard, predictable, easy-going film. Nothing bad about it. Nothing great about it. But for the nerds, it will hit home. And hit home hard!

I loved it and I'm not a serious gamer. But then I loved Ready Player One as well (even though it was nowhere near as good as the book).

My boys though were blown away. All the commentators were well known you tuber gamers and they were damned excited about that. 

Dune (2021) - Dune was the first sci-fi book that I read as a kid and it blew my mind and made me a sci-fi fan for life....so it was nice to see a big screen adaptation and this flick was great although it is difficult to recommend since it is only half the movie with the second half coming out in maybe 2 years assuming the first half makes enough money...

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

No time for movies.

my son and I discovered The Boys.
If you haven't seen it, get on it.
Seasons 1 and 2 are 8 eps each 1 hr loong
Season 3 on its way.

Can not wait for season three. It's so good. 

Been trying to watch a "scary" movie per night in honor of October, but have been failing. But I have watched a couple handfuls and some REALLY shitty k level films. So over the past couple weeks I have seen:

Free Guy

Mean Man-Chris Holmes documentary.

Too Late-Comedy horror centered around comedians and an old timer comic that is actually some kind of monster that eats folks. 

Behind The Sightings-Found footage/shaky cam movie, centered around those creepy clown sightings from a handful of years ago and what the precocious couple discover in their hunt.

13 Fanboy-Oh my. Movie centered around the Friday the 13th b tier actors and their fans. Some stalking and murders set up the movie and it is fine but ends real poorly.

The Curse of Humpty Dumpty-An OK possessed doll/mental illness centered film. Effects and kills are OK and the doll is creepy af. 

Halloween Kills-Great installment in the franchise with nostalgia galore. The Empire Strikes Back in the latest Halloween trilogy that started with Halloween 2018 and with a part 3 coming soon.

Don't Breathe 2-Not as cool as the first one but still a solid sequel with a weird plot twist.

VHS 94-Meh. This franchise is trying far to hard now. The stories aren't bad, the wrap around was dumb, but I guess I am not the audience anymore for these.

Chompy & The Girls-This one was kind of  cool. Trippy, think Repo Man, not as awesome but still a solid story, weird but not bad weird and repeat watchable for sure.

Bad Candy-One of those anthology films with a coupe radio DJ's telling "scary" stories. Very dumb with an equally dumb wraparound story.

For Madmen Only The Stories of Del Close-This was wild. Worthy of a watch for certain.

Watched Halloween Kills last night. Was disappointed. Was really dumb. Upping the body count doesn't make a movie franchise better. The masked dude kills about 40 people this time and gets shot and stabbed over a dozen times yet is always fine. Making it less "realistic" makes it less scary in my view. I had nil frights.

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Can not wait for season three. It's so good. 

I thought the first season was much better. The second season with the whole allegory of Trump and Nazis was typical Hollywood bullshit. Nazis FFS. Get a new boogeyman, seriously.

7 hours ago, auslander said:

I thought the first season was much better. The second season with the whole allegory of Trump and Nazis was typical Hollywood bullshit. Nazis FFS. Get a new boogeyman, seriously.

lol, you've kinda put me off now 🤣 

• My Little Pony

Doctor Sleep (2019)

The sequel to The Shining that nobody asked for. But I quite enjoyed it. It's nothing like it's predecessor, and I think that's what hurt it's success. I wouldn't classify this as a horror film at all. But it's still very interesting, and proves Stephen King's imagination is very much active now as it ever was. 

• 2 weeks later...

Old Henry - loved it. If you like a good western with some nice twists, watch this. 

Queenpins - was ok, nothing great

Copshop - any Gerard Butler flick is good, and this one was. Someone tried to replicate a Quinten Tarantino flick and did a fairly decent job.

No Escape - was on TV last night. Great movie, was as good as I remembered. Owen Wilson action/drama.

THx to karpet for the recommendation. Watched Psycho Goreman and fell hard for it. Excellent film. Watch it and appreciate the efforts. 

Another fun film with many 2 pounds of retro/throwback vibes is Shit & Champagne. This was a lot a fun and if you like 70's exploitation films this one will tickle you.

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, martinsane said:

THx to karpet for the recommendation. Watched Psycho Goreman and fell hard for it. Excellent film. Watch it and appreciate the efforts. 

Another fun film with many 2 pounds of retro/throwback vibes is Shit & Champagne. This was a lot a fun and if you like 70's exploitation films this one will tickle you.

Haha. Yes!

I'm just happy some one else here has experienced this. I'm tryna get my brother, and maybe my sister, to watch it, but it might be too random for them. 

I'll def check out Shit & Champagne. 

12 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Haha. Yes!

I'm just happy some one else here has experienced this. I'm tryna get my brother, and maybe my sister, to watch it, but it might be too random for them. 

I'll def check out Shit & Champagne. 

For me it was so Voltron meets Power Rangers with some Godzilla, maybe some Harry and the Henderson's and Sigmund the Seamonster and then like Spy Kids. Just cool, gobs of practical effects with a funny story. 

I read online that they are toying with a part 2, kind of hope so.

Here is the trailer to Shit & Champaign, I hope others dig this as I found it laugh out loud funny.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 1:09 AM, Dead Planet said:

No Time To Die (2021) - it's another entry in the James Bond series and if you liked the previous films You will enjoy this one...highly recommended...

Im not afraid to admit there are some movies that made me cry and probably always will. Last night I watched "No Time To Die" and loved it, but its the first action movie that made me choke up. Thats all I will say. :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...