Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

18 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I really wanna watch this, but I also really wanna watch Citizen Kane again first. 

Good plan. It's been a long while since I've seen that. There is something about this pseudo documentary/behind the scenes style film that appeals to me and that era was (or seems as it was well b4 my time) like a very interesting time to be alive.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I really wanna watch this, but I also really wanna watch Citizen Kane again first. 

A great movie, but it contains a massive plot hole.

The basis of the whole movie is essentially, a reporter trying to find out what was so meaningful about the word "Rosebud", that the most powerful man in the world would choose this as his last word on his deathbed. 

In the opening scene when he utters the magic word "Rosebud" before dying......nobody is there to see/hear it.

How did they know his last word? 

Edited by Darkstone

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

A great movie, but it contains a massive plot hole.

The basis of the whole movie is essentially, a reporter trying to find out what was so meaningful about the word "Rosebud", that the most powerful man in the world would choose this as his last word on his deathbed. 

In the opening scene when he utters the magic word "Rosebud" before dying......nobody is there to see/hear it.

How did they know his last word? 

I've thought that, too. But don't try to ruin my enjoyment of this masterpiece. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I've thought that, too. But don't try to ruin my enjoyment of this masterpiece. 

Apparently based on the life of William Randolph Hearst. The first true media mogul. His Granddaughter Patty was an interesting character. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bad Trip - was flicking around Netflix and this one popped up. Boring Sunday afternoon so we whacked it on.
Pretty fucking funny. Cross between Borat and Jackass, with some really funny moments.
Just go with the stupidity and you'll have fun.

Godzilla Vs Kong - Pretty much what I expected, perhaps exceed my low expectations. Cross between Alien Vs Predator and Pacific Rim. Just don't think about the plot AT ALL. I mean every part of the plot is a plot hole lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Godzilla vs Kong (2021) - ho-hum...okay but that is the best thing I can say about it....

Army Of The Dead (2021) - decent zombie flick....

I actually went to the cinema with the wife and kids last Thursday just before new lockdown. First time in over a year! Saw The Quiet Place part 2. It was a great film. Loved it.

10 hours ago, auslander said:

I actually went to the cinema with the wife and kids last Thursday just before new lockdown. First time in over a year! Saw The Quiet Place part 2. It was a great film. Loved it.

I'm looking forward to "The Quiet Place 2" as the first was quite good.....

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
10 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I'm looking forward to "The Quiet Place 2" as the first was quite good.....

Yeah, I gotta watch that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
On 6/2/2021 at 9:10 PM, Dead Planet said:

Wrath Of Man (2021) - this one was much better than expected, well worth checking out if you are a fan of violence...:)

I wanted to watch this the other night, but it wasn't streaming properly. 

Instead I watched The Wailing (2016), again. Seeing as it had been five years, I was able to forget the major plot twists. Really enjoyable horror film. Beautiful cinematography. Great acting. If you're into the Horror genre, you gotta give it a try. 

Not a movie but I watched that Chris Homes - Mean Man documentary on Prime last night,it was pretty good and I enjoyed it for what it was,going from this he seems like a legit guy..very straight forward talking.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the Tomorrow War. Was OK but a bit lengthy and easy to guess which way it was going from the start. Also, it is hard for me to suspend my disbelief with time travel these days. It's so stupid and makes no sense. But fighting aliens, that is always good. 

On 7/11/2021 at 10:42 AM, auslander said:

Watched the Tomorrow War. Was OK but a bit lengthy and easy to guess which way it was going from the start. Also, it is hard for me to suspend my disbelief with time travel these days. It's so stupid and makes no sense. But fighting aliens, that is always good. 

we enjoyed it 

Songbird - it was a decent documentary of life in Sydney in 2021. lol, of course I kid. We're not quite there yet. I predict maybe by mid-August we should be at this stage? ;)

Hilarity aside, I actually found the movie incredibly underwhelming. It wasn't awful and I guess it was what it was... but I wasn't overly into it. On a positive note, it wasn't too long so that was a bonus. 

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Songbird - it was a decent documentary of life in Sydney in 2021. lol, of course I kid. We're not quite there yet. I predict maybe by mid-August we should be at this stage? ;)

Hilarity aside, I actually found the movie incredibly underwhelming. It wasn't awful and I guess it was what it was... but I wasn't overly into it. On a positive note, it wasn't too long so that was a bonus. 

You have such limited free time, and you waste it on Songbird?? You fucked up. 

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Watched Fear Street Part 1 on Netflix.
Was pretty good, looking forward to parts 2 (just released) and 3 (released soon)

What is that about?

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

What is that about?

Just your average run of the mill teens vs witch slasher flick.
Saw part 2 tonight which was also good.