Corona

simo

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Didn't want to throw this out there but I'm in my third week in the hospital battling covid.

I am starting to feel better but it hasn't been easy.

That sucks ! Get well soon and get out of the hospital

11 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Didn't want to throw this out there but I'm in my third week in the hospital battling covid.

Get well soon mate! 

13 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Jebus...glad to hear you are getting better dude,my thoughts are with you for a full recovery 

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Glad you're on the other side, cob. Good luck in recovery. 

Cob? After our torrid love affair and those epic movie scenes, you done forgot Russ's name? How dare you! You will pay for this Mr. Geoff..... a double stuff from Russ and Cody

• Like 1

Cob has become a common substitute for ;mate' or 'buddy' recently.
Abbreviated for the term 'cobber' which means the same thing, but like most things Aussie slang, have never been widely used in most of Australia, only in more remote rural areas.
For some reason the kids (and Geoff) have taken its use on.

Anyway, a question for Alpha.
From memory you;''ve been reasonably neutral in the covid discussions?
Not going to look back through, but regardless, how has having this thing changed your perception of it?

Did you think it was just a bad flu, and now consider it as a very serious disease?
Did you consider it a deadly fearful disease, and now consider it not as bad as you had been led to believe?
Or somewhere in between all that?
I'm guessing that like many here you're around the 45 to 50 y/o mark, so not in the highest rick group, but not a teenager either.

On 12/28/2020 at 12:59 AM, AlphaMale said:

Glad you are doing better.  Hopefully you'll be able to return home soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Not good. I  hope you're recovering now mate.

Stay safe. I know it must be hard to perform your usual duties with Cody and Geoff whilst wearing a mask.....just cut a round hole in it.   :bananamac:

Edited by Darkstone
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Just an update. I was hospitalized a second time with covid-19 aftermath related pneumonia. I feel like I'll never get rid of this shit.

FML

sorry to hear that mate. This virus is evil. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just typed a massive rant but I deleted it. Cant be bothered, but I did just want to post this video for anyone who thinks how "lucky" we might be in Australia. The Land Of Fucking Morons;

• Like 1

Keep the populace in fear as way to administer control. It's not just the way in Australia; it's everywhere the world over. It's a way for the elites (mostly the Left) to lock down the people and slowly erode rights, thus firming up their control mechanisms.

After a period of time, as the old adage about boiling a frog states, the people as a whole will come to accept it as "the new normal" and anyone daring to speak the blasphemy of restoring liberties once universally accepted as rights will be branded "dangerous to the people" and will be canceled and deplatformed, possibly even incarcerated.

Heck, we've already seen government officials recommending reporting your neighbors for having get-togethers or not wearing masks... the type of shit we haven't seen since Stalin, and before that under Hitler... yet it's frighteningly acceptable to so many.

It's Orwellian.

I don't know that we will ever be allowed to return to a pre-COVID "normal". That would require relinquishing control... the elites have lucked into circumstances that allow them to lock everyone down seemingly forever.

• Like 2