Corona

simo

14 minutes ago, Glen said:

they should be thankful they are not seriously ill. many others aren't so lucky unfortunately 

Well Glen guess the way I see it is I suffer from Kidney Failure, I cant sit around and be glad I don't have something more serious, I just have to take it in hand, my kidneys wont last long, so I just do all I can to be as healthy as I can, and if I die, I die, there's not to much else I can do about it, I as my daughter and her mom believe this isnt legit, oh the virus certainly is, but not the bullshit around it, I don't believe the chinese virus is as deadly as Ebola, or perhaps even the flu, the thing is, I don't know anyone personally who has died from the flu, or from the CV, I now know a lot of people who have had both, I cant live my life in fear, from something that hasn't proved to be any more or any less deadly then anything else, I can say im thankful I've never caught mad cow disease, now that I would be tripping about.

Edited by Leykis101

1 hour ago, Glen said:

be lucky that you've got low numbers.

Europe is basically fucked again - 20,000 cases a day in UK :(

and rising 

100%
No doubt, we are very fortunate fuckers.

But it's like when you're in hostpital feeling sorry for yourself, and then you see someone far worse off than you and you think "well it could be worse".
But soon enough you slip right back into your self pity in dealing with your own issue.

So it's hard to compare Victoria to the rest of the world, far more logical to compare it to the rest of Australia. And by comparison, we're stuffed.

People are losing businesses here, mental health issues are skyrocketing after the better part of a year being in lockdownand full lockdown for 3 months.
The frustration is that there seems to be no fair reason to be enduring this.

BUT

Yes, full sympathy for every other country who are in a far far far worse state than we are.
Losing a business, or getting depressed are irrelevant compared to being killed by this horrible vius.

9 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Well Glen guess the way I see it is I suffer from Kidney Failure, I cant sit around and be glad I don't have something more serious, I just have to take it in hand, my kidneys wont last long, so I just do all I can to be as healthy as I can, and if I die, I die, there's not to much else I can do about it, I as my daughter and her mom believe this isnt legit, oh the virus certainly is, but not the bullshit around it, I don't believe the chinese virus is as deadly as Ebola, or perhaps even the flu, the thing is, I don't know anyone personally who has died from the flu, or from the CV, I now know a lot of people who have had both, I cant live my life in fear, from something that hasn't proved to be any more or any less deadly then anything else, I can say im thankful I've never caught mad cow disease, now that I would be tripping about.

I'm not living in fear - well not for myself in any case.

what I do fear for though is my parents - both around 80 and with underlying health issues - if they catch this thing then I fear the worst.

and with cases rising exponentially in the UK then I think that is of concern and it is right that the government is taking action with local lockdown to control the spread. 

it's all v well Geoff saying he's bored of hearing about 10 new cases...well 10 new cases is not 20,000 is it. 

I just wish people would stop trivializing this virus as if it's no big thing 

3 hours ago, PeterS said:

A friend of mine tended to trivialize it up to finding a friend is still struggling with lung capacity months after having it. 

I've got two people in my immediate circle with cancer so being super cautious.  

long COVID.

not much in the media about it but is known to be a major issue - affecting young people more.

the full extent of the lasting health issues will not be known for a while yet but it's not great. 

the woman at the end of my street had it months ago and is still suffering breathing issues.

she's a PE teacher 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

long COVID.

not much in the media about it but is known to be a major issue - affecting young people more.

the full extent of the lasting health issues will not be known for a while yet but it's not great. 

the woman at the end of my street had it months ago and is still suffering breathing issues.

she's a PE teacher 

Right, this woman's a super sporty who before would walk up a mountain without breaking a sweat. 

Well if I catch it I'm probably a gonner, same with the flu, but I cannot live terrified of it, thats not living to me, and the way I see it, my days are numbered as is, I'm certainly not gonna spend them or waste them I should say, worrying about catching some virus, 3 of my 4 grandparents and my mom have all died of cancer, now that i'm more worried about catching, catching the cancer is alot more likely to take me,

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Well if I catch it I'm probably a gonner, same with the flu, but I cannot live terrified of it, thats not living to me, and the way I see it, my days are numbered as is, I'm certainly not gonna spend them or waste them I should say, worrying about catching some virus, 3 of my 4 grandparents and my mom have all died of cancer, now that i'm more worried about catching, catching the cancer is alot more likely to take me,

and you shouldnt live in fear.

but neither should people dismiss this thing just because of low numbers or what they perceive to be a low mortality rate.

different countries are dealing with different issues and here 20,000 plus cases a day is a concern.

I will continue to be super careful 

21 hours ago, Glen said:

long COVID.

she's a PE teacher 

There's a couple of posts of this nature and yes, that's no good. But again, this side of the coin gets well represented, but can we allow some representation for the other side of the coin? Or is this a BLM situation again?

Now, I don't have the stats any more than you or Moses or Jesus does. But let's say roughly 44,000,000 people have had this thing at last count. Are we allowed to acknowledge for a second that it is extremely likely that the overwhelming majority of these people have not and will not have lasting health issues? Are we allowed to say that, or are we just going to concentrate on the (probably relatively very small amount of) people that have - for whatever reason - had significant issues with the virus? Who, dare I say, would probably have issues had they had another non-Covid related health issue?

I'm just going to pluck one from a hat because he's famous and we all know him, but can we acknowledge that Novak Djokovic had the virus and was then, a few weeks later,  playing tennis in Wimbledon and France at the highest possible level on the planet? 

And there will be tens of millions of people that share a similar story to him. So let's please acknowledge this side of the coin before painting a picture that everyone who has had it is doomed for eternity.  

I know this covid thing is something we need to acknowledge, but I just can't handle the over-dramatics, for lack of a better term. Yes, it's a part of life now. Like the flu, cancer and a million other ailments. It's there and we all know it. If I am not mistaken, there has never, ever been a vaccine for a coronavirus ever, in history. So there's probably a decent likelihood there may not ever be a vaccine for Covid-19. So what then? We just start every news bulletin with the daily infection rates for the rest of time, until the sun swallows earth? Is that the plan? When do we try to get on with some semblance of life, knowing what we know now? 

One day, the human race is going to have to start living some kind of collective life again, with this thing amongst us. It is what it is. 

Anyway, fuck it. I can't put into words properly my whole take on the thing. I'm just glad to see/hear I'm not alone. Covid-19 is not a good thing, BUT, in my opinion, the reaction to it has been, and continues to be well and truly disproportionate. I guess, in a nutshell, that's my 2 cents on the thing. 

Let the hate commence but I don't really care because I already hate myself for wasting the time it took me to type that. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

There's a couple of posts of this nature and yes, that's no good. But again, this side of the coin gets well represented, but can we allow some representation for the other side of the coin? Or is this a BLM situation again?

Now, I don't have the stats any more than you or Moses or Jesus does. But let's say roughly 44,000,000 people have had this thing at last count. Are we allowed to acknowledge for a second that it is extremely likely that the overwhelming majority of these people have not and will not have lasting health issues? Are we allowed to say that, or are we just going to concentrate on the (probably relatively very small amount of) people that have - for whatever reason - had significant issues with the virus? Who, dare I say, would probably have issues had they had another non-Covid related health issue?

I'm just going to pluck one from a hat because he's famous and we all know him, but can we acknowledge that Novak Djokovic had the virus and was then, a few weeks later,  playing tennis in Wimbledon and France at the highest possible level on the planet? 

And there will be tens of millions of people that share a similar story to him. So let's please acknowledge this side of the coin before painting a picture that everyone who has had it is doomed for eternity.  

I know this covid thing is something we need to acknowledge, but I just can't handle the over-dramatics, for lack of a better term. Yes, it's a part of life now. Like the flu, cancer and a million other ailments. It's there and we all know it. If I am not mistaken, there has never, ever been a vaccine for a coronavirus ever, in history. So there's probably a decent likelihood there may not ever be a vaccine for Covid-19. So what then? We just start every news bulletin with the daily infection rates for the rest of time, until the sun swallows earth? Is that the plan? When do we try to get on with some semblance of life, knowing what we know now? 

One day, the human race is going to have to start living some kind of collective life again, with this thing amongst us. It is what it is. 

Anyway, fuck it. I can't put into words properly my whole take on the thing. I'm just glad to see/hear I'm not alone. Covid-19 is not a good thing, BUT, in my opinion, the reaction to it has been, and continues to be well and truly disproportionate. I guess, in a nutshell, that's my 2 cents on the thing. 

Let the hate commence but I don't really care because I already hate myself for wasting the time it took me to type that. :(

What are you a fucking idiot? what kind of a fucking bollocks statement is that mate, you must have your head so far up your ass, you can smell your own breath, never talk with that much sense G-Off, you cant let little things like reality and common sense get in the way of Covid, you should know that, now denounce your whiteness, apologize for your white privilege and say 10 hail marys, then we will forgive you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For people without comorbidities, COVID-19 is not the apocalyptical virus the media makes it out to be. As recently as 3 weeks ago (I think?) the WHO reversed itself, now saying that societal lockdowns are NOT the answer. Great, we crippled the economy and destroyed peoples' jobs for what exactly?

Protect/quarantine those in high risk groups, but open up society as a whole IMO.

There's a certain segment that wants a 100.00% reliable solution or cure. It doesn't exist. It may NEVER exist. Tens of thousands of people die every year from just the flu and its side effects; we don't shut down the planet for it, and there isn't a 100% cure for it.

The cure is proving worse than the disease... literally.

P.S. At least here in the U.S., there is a large political component to how COVID-19 is being handled, with the motive of tilting the election. Democrat governors wanting to keep things locked down until after election day and then things will "magically" improve. Pelosi refusing to consider any aid package to the American people until after the election, regardless of how much the GOP is willing to negotiate. She's evil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

We just start every news bulletin with the daily infection rates for the rest of time, until the sun swallows earth? Is that the plan?

What the fuck?
What is this?
when is this going to happen?
What a downer :(

TBH I'm kinda undecided.
I come from a science background and I guess I look at these types of thinks in a less emotional way, based on facts.
The fact is that pretty much every single country on Earth decided to handle the coronavirus the same way.
Lockdowns, masks, isolations, etc, etc.
Don't know of any that just said"this is just the flu" and moved on as normal.
Doesn't make sense that every country was equally as gullible and poor at making rational decisions.
Do to some degree, I tend to acknowledge the seriousness of the virus, and certainly dismiss those who say, "t's not that bad, don't be a pussy, and carry on"

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

What the fuck?
What is this?
when is this going to happen?
What a downer :(

Oh, it's coming. And soon too. I believe somewhere around 7.5 billions years to go. I wonder if whatever life form is on the planet then will still be going on about Covid-19? 

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

TBH I'm kinda undecided.
I come from a science background and I guess I look at these types of thinks in a less emotional way, based on facts.
The fact is that pretty much every single country on Earth decided to handle the coronavirus the same way.
Lockdowns, masks, isolations, etc, etc.
Don't know of any that just said"this is just the flu" and moved on as normal.
Doesn't make sense that every country was equally as gullible and poor at making rational decisions.
Do to some degree, I tend to acknowledge the seriousness of the virus, and certainly dismiss those who say, "t's not that bad, don't be a pussy, and carry on"

Sweden said "Fuck it" and stayed open. The below article is quite long, but it's interesting to see how they went about it without destroying their economy or demoralizing their citizens. 

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/gp-opinion/was-the-swedish-approach-to-covid-19-really-a-mist

5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

For people without comorbidities, COVID-19 is not the apocalyptical virus the media makes it out to be. As recently as 3 weeks ago (I think?) the WHO reversed itself, now saying that societal lockdowns are NOT the answer. Great, we crippled the economy and destroyed peoples' jobs for what exactly?

Protect/quarantine those in high risk groups, but open up society as a whole IMO.

There's a certain segment that wants a 100.00% reliable solution or cure. It doesn't exist. It may NEVER exist. Tens of thousands of people die every year from just the flu and its side effects; we don't shut down the planet for it, and there isn't a 100% cure for it.

P.S. At least here in the U.S., there is a large political component to how COVID-19 is being handled, with the motive of tilting the election. Democrat governors wanting to keep things locked down until after election day and then things will "magically" improve. Pelosi refusing to consider any aid package to the American people until after the election, regardless of how much the GOP is willing to negotiate. She's evil.

The problem with the stimulus issue is that both sides have to be willing to compromise and the last time I checked the Dems had dropped their original ask by a third....what have the Reps done besides cast blame on the Dems? And the Dems aren't going to magically open everything up after the election especially if they win...quite the opposite, they will try to close things down even more and the Reps will be screaming blue murder over that instead of complaining that the Dems are only locking things down until the election....

50 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

The problem with the stimulus issue is that both sides have to be willing to compromise and the last time I checked the Dems had dropped their original ask by a third....what have the Reps done besides cast blame on the Dems? And the Dems aren't going to magically open everything up after the election especially if they win...quite the opposite, they will try to close things down even more and the Reps will be screaming blue murder over that instead of complaining that the Dems are only locking things down until the election....

But if it was food stamps or some other hand out everyone else has to pay for, the dems would green light it in a second, this is just pelosi working her way out of office, if she gets re-elected next go around, I'll eat my shorts, she's a literal cancer on our society, she's the exact opposite of the regular everyday American, she's a load that should've been swallowed, fuck Nazi Pelosi!!! and her god damned, excrement covered, backwards ass garbage dump of a city(that she helped make that way) her and Schummar are the 1st 2 that need to be kicked the fuck out the door.

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

But if it was food stamps or some other hand out everyone else has to pay for, the dems would green light it in a second, this is just pelosi working her way out of office, if she gets re-elected next go around, I'll eat my shorts, she's a literal cancer on our society, she's the exact opposite of the regular everyday American, she's a load that should've been swallowed, fuck Nazi Pelosi!!! and her god damned, excrement covered, backwards ass garbage dump of a city(that she helped make that way) her and Schummar are the 1st 2 that need to be kicked the fuck out the door.

I doubt Pelosi will be going anywhere anytime soon but hopefully Graham will get his two faced ass kicked out on Nov 3.....

• 2023 Gold Donors
8 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

untitled.png.daec8fdb7641f15c482facb7af1a2267.png

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

OIPV01HPEM0.jpg.3442f2d854dacf1fe48d7766e24b548a.jpg

• Haha 1

last stat I read was that long COVID is infecting 1 in 10

not a great stat all said and done 

still amazes me people comparing this to the flu. I had flu at least a few times and yeah I felt a bit shitty but not that bad.

I don't want to see how C-19 turns out to be honest