Corona

simo

19 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Don't get me wrong, I couldn’t care less if you post or not. You do as you wish. But blaming your posting in this thread on others is a bit silly. 

I'm also not sure it is fair to say that these 97 pages haven't changed the minds of many who have posted in this thread. I know, for instance, I have become a useful idiot who follows every direction from the government without question. Civil Liberties are for anti-social terrorists. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I dunno, cob, not really sure what you’re saying. Covid is allegedly completely over-running your healthcare system, but it’s the same as the flu? So the flu has overrun your healthcare system for the last few decades? 

My point is that it is about as dangerous as the flu these days and yes it is still a health issue in Canada.  Obviously it was no more than a case of the sniffles in Australia since you have no concerns about it...

11 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

My point is that it is about as dangerous as the flu these days and yes it is still a health issue in Canada.  Obviously it was no more than a case of the sniffles in Australia since you have no concerns about it...

So the reality is it’s as dangerous as the flu, but it’s the completely disproportionate overreaction to it that is the real problem? I feel like I’ve heard similar concerns to that before… 

On 12/18/2022 at 4:30 AM, Glen said:

what most Australians moan about is how their liberties were stripped of them by lockdowns and restrictions.

This was almost entirely due to a disastrous vaccine rollout. Probably the worst of any country in the world.

By July 21 nearly 90% in uk had received a dose, Australia had barely started.

Mandatory or not. this is the reason why Aus has been suffering nearly a year longer than the UK in terms of restrictions 

Well, actually, we heavily committed to Astra.
And then the media made Astra taboo and basically forced the government to look at alternatives and tthat put us behinmd the 8 ball with roll outs.
In the end we really weren't that far behind the rest of the world. Only a couple of weeks behind most countries, and well ahead of many otehrs.
But the lockdown damage done was pretty much mutually exclusive to the vaccine roll out.

On 12/18/2022 at 11:29 AM, Darkstone said:

Again, I think discussion about mandated boosters is irrelevant. 

It was making the first shot mandatory that changed the game.

Yeah, not to metion the restriction of working without the jab, that was the mandatory part to it.
And it was fucked.
For me there really never was a choice.
If I want to travel extensively again you're gonna need jab history.
That said, I was always happy to have the vaccine.
Happy to pay to get another booster.

• Like 1

So hard to take anything concrete away from that. I don’t believe the Armageddon angle of the story for a second and am far more inclined to believe the “official” story. And my guess would be the actual situation is somewhere in between? Who even knows? Sad world when you can’t trust anyone anymore to simply report on something that is actually happening for what it is. 

No doubt, though, that all lockdowns do is delay what will be. And you could certainly argue that they exacerbate the situation, in combination with the collateral damage far outweighing the issue they’re allegedly addressing- all adding up to them being absolutely terrible ideas. 

• Like 1

Just heard on a news break during the cricket that the Australian PM hasn't ruled out imposing restrictions on Chinese visitors to the country as cases surge in China. Thank christ. The last thing we'd want is for covid to arrive on Australian shores.

Animated GIF

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Just heard on a news break during the cricket that the Australian PM hasn't ruled out imposing restrictions on Chinese visitors to the country as cases surge in China. Thank christ. The last thing we'd want is for covid to arrive on Australian shores.

Animated GIF

So the Labor government is finally admitting it's of Chinese origin now. :D

• 2 months later...

One eyed trouser snake has recovered a bit now. I even had a nocturnal emission the other night. Vivid dreams about Maja Salvador and...let's just leave it at that. ; )

• My Little Pony
19 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

One eyed trouser snake has recovered a bit now. I even had a nocturnal emission the other night. Vivid dreams about Maja Salvador and...let's just leave it at that. ; )

Why stop there?

• Like 1

Nocturnal Emission is a good band, song or album title.