Treat - Ghost Of Graceland

Stefan

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it, BUT not as good as CDG for me.

Well 'Better The Devil' was stuck in my head from this one today.

Deceivingly good hook in that song.

Which hook you mean?

Just talking about the chorus...i like it.

Yes, chorus and the solo make the song for me!

Love it, BUT not as good as CDG for me.

Yeah, this is probably a notch below CDG. But still an excellent listen!

Would have to listen to them back to back but not got time for that at mo.

This sounds more like classic Treat to me.

Played the album once so far. Really enjoying it and these tracks are first spin stand outs. House on Fire is an interesting one, not sure how to describe it but fresh sounding and a really cool vibe. Plenty of other great tracks beside these 3 though.

Too Late to Die Young

House on Fire

Do Your Own Stunts

Well 'Better The Devil' was stuck in my head from this one today.

Deceivingly good hook in that song.

Which hook you mean?

Just talking about the chorus...i like it.

Yes, chorus and the solo make the song for me!

And the bass riff, simple but effective and distinctive, so at least 2 hooks. Nonstop Madness!

Not as good as Coup the grace, anyway good enough to be in the top 3 album of the year. My favs are Inferno and alien earthlings, I've listened on you tube, I'm gonna buy it at Frontiers fest.

Not as good as Coup the grace, anyway good enough to be in the top 3 album of the year. My favs are Inferno and alien earthlings, I've listened on you tube, I'm gonna buy it at Frontiers fest.

I thought that on first spin but theres depth here. Takes 3 or 4 spins to really hit home imo.

I thought that on first spin but theres depth here. Takes 3 or 4 spins to really hit home imo.

5 spins now, and as good as it is( really good) still not on par with CDG for me.

The new Treat album is fantastic and a natural follow-up to CDG.

If the year was 1987 and not 2016 I'm guessing I would enjoy The Defiants CD more than Graceland... but it's not. Easy choice for me... but thankfully it's not a "One or the other" mandate as those Defiants tracks do take me back in time.

Some patchy verses but great melodic choruses, definitely pale compared to CDG but I agree it's a natural follow-up, somehow I can sense a darker vibe, quite enjoy it but sadly I expect more from them. Nevertheless, a very solid release and kudos for continuing the Treat saga

I'm not completely blown away with the first couple of tracks, but i'm especially liking 'Do Your Own Stunts, 'Alien Earthlings', 'Nonstop Madness' and the excellent ballad 'Together Alone'. Undecided if it's better than CDG at the moment, but both great albums

• My Little Pony

So the Japanese bonus track is just an acoustic version of "Together Alone"? Is that correct? If so, I'll just forget about it, and grab the normal edition.

Heard it today and it seemed very nice. Solid as hell. There were a couple of small times I picked up strong 'Organized Crime' vibes... but yeah, another I need to listen to again. It's good stuff.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Had a couple of spins and it's just a pleasure to listen to. As with most Scandi bands, the production is awesome. Probably been favoring "The Defiants" play wise at the moment, but it's hard to pick which one i prefer.

So the Japanese bonus track is just an acoustic version of "Together Alone"? Is that correct? If so, I'll just forget about it, and grab the normal edition.

Is this an overall observation 'bout the quality of the track, buddy? I love it. Chilling keyish atmosphere.

• My Little Pony

Is this an overall observation 'bout the quality of the track, buddy? I love it. Chilling keyish atmosphere.

Is it good enough to warrant the difference in price?

Is it good enough to warrant the difference in price?

Buddy, there's no dilemma for me. Actually I find both pressings expensive :tumbsup: . And thus I prefer to get the Japo press, if it's the case I'm going to purchase the album. Unfortunately Treat isn't the case of a band to play the waiting game in ebay.

It's an excellent release but CDG is still better. I'm sure this will make my top 10 of 2016.

CDG is probably in my top 10 for the past 20 years...it would have been hard to beat.

"This Japanese Edition features as bonus track a different version of 'Together Alone', with the synth orchestration re-arranged, mixed with a Spanish guitar arrangement and where the lead vocals are upfront, resulting in a more intimate ballad."

• My Little Pony

"This Japanese Edition features as bonus track a different version of 'Together Alone', with the synth orchestration re-arranged, mixed with a Spanish guitar arrangement and where the lead vocals are upfront, resulting in a more intimate ballad."

That sounds interesting enough. I was just hoping for a new track, not just an alternative version of a song.

That sounds interesting enough. I was just hoping for a new track, not just an alternative version of a song.

Seems that's the new thing to do. I don't see many bonus tracks that are studio extra tracks. They all seem to be alternate versions or live songs.

I kind of miss the extra tunes on those Jap and Euro versions.