Treat - Ghost Of Graceland

Stefan

April 15 is just around the corner... Friday next week we'll know more :D Defiants, Treat and (have to admit, kind of interested in hearing this one as well -->) Shiraz Lane will see the light of day

I think the 'problem' (cos its a minor point if I am honest) that I have (have always had) with Treat is the slightly accented vocals.

If Paul Laine was singing these songs I'd probably like them a lot more.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to laugh with all these pseudodilemmas. Surely I'd prefer Paul Laine to sing some Marillion also.

See, I can also come with an imaginary scenario and just start arguing about it.

Surely you miss my point - you hate Fish's voice, but I have no issue with the 'quality' of the voice, just the accent.

OK so try this - delete Paul Laine and insert < any singer with no trace of Scandinavian accent >

Does that work better for you ;)

Is it just me or this excessive amount of full tracks being pre-released are taking some of the excitement away from these up coming releases.

Lately, I knew half of the Wigelius long before it was released and as for the Circus Maximus I had heard 4 of the 9 songs in full...weeks before it got released.

I know I've bitched about the short samples that we used to get, but this thing of hearing many full tracks before the release has taken some of the anticipation away.

Don't you think this is like the old days where band is releasing several singles first, aired on tv and played on radio, before the whole album is out ? :)

anyway I like 'Do Your Own Stunts' but 'We Own The Night' is far better and 4 best tracks on Coup are better than all 4 here, so unless they have better tracks than these singles, I don't see this winning the game

Is it just me or this excessive amount of full tracks being pre-released are taking some of the excitement away from these up coming releases.

Yep, Hate it, mate. I almost didn't listen to the latest song (and I do in other band's cases) but curiosity got the better of me. I just want to hear the album as a full thing now and make my mind up. One or two songs is nice to get an idea of what the style would be like, but I don't like hearing so many song in advance. I'd rather just hear the full album.

Anyway, Defiants will be better than this, but I expect both to be fantastic albums... and I love the new song too.

I think the reason Frontiers are doing this is to try to stop people illegally downloading their albums.

Feedback has always been punters refuse to buy an album blind so they 'try it out' first.

Now people can hear a third of the album up front they moan it takes away the excitement......

What, of their illegal download ;)

Jeez if i owned Frontiers i would be frustrated....can't win either way.

I think the reason Frontiers are doing this is to try to stop people illegally downloading their albums.

Feedback has always been punters refuse to buy an album blind so they 'try it out' first.

Now people can hear a third of the album up front they moan it takes away the excitement......

Buddy, next you 're typing that you'll advocate an internet kill switch! :yikes:

Frontiers should know better, Metallica been fightin' Napster off since early 2000 and nothing can stop it till now :D

but on the contrary, I like the idea of label releasing singles one by one, feels like just the old days when you hear one or two leading singles on the media

Frontiers should know better, Metallica been fightin' Napster off since early 2000 and nothing can stop it till now :D

but on the contrary, I like the idea of label releasing singles one by one, feels like just the old days when you hear one or two leading singles on the media

Yeah, just as they remain in digital format only! I can't stand more kissmydisc.jp spamming of various physical formats! :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

The defiants is good but treat is much better imo

Other way around for me, but not y much.

I had to create a random number machine generator in my excel in order to decide which of them to spin first. The Defiants won the first battle but I'm not sure yet if they won the battle. I've so far distinguished "I Don't Miss The Misery" and the last couple songs from the Defiants.

Well 'Better The Devil' was stuck in my head from this one today.

Deceivingly good hook in that song.

Which hook you mean?

Just talking about the chorus...i like it.