Treat - Ghost Of Graceland

Stefan

• My Little Pony

So the Japanese bonus track is just an acoustic version of "Together Alone"? Is that correct? If so, I'll just forget about it, and grab the normal edition.

"This Japanese Edition features as bonus track a different version of 'Together Alone', with the synth orchestration re-arranged, mixed with a Spanish guitar arrangement and where the lead vocals are upfront, resulting in a more intimate ballad."

That sounds interesting enough. I was just hoping for a new track, not just an alternative version of a song.

Seems that's the new thing to do. I don't see many bonus tracks that are studio extra tracks. They all seem to be alternate versions or live songs.

I kind of miss the extra tunes on those Jap and Euro versions.

The main reason I was excited for the bonus track was because Treat's last bonus track was amazing. "Turn the Dial!"

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Graceland a LOT, but I just listened to CDG straight-through and it's so damn awesome I don't think it's possible for Treat to top it... ever.

Agree!!!

It's an excellent release but CDG is still better. I'm sure this will make my top 10 of 2016.

CDG is probably in my top 10 for the past 20 years...it would have been hard to beat.

Yes

It's an excellent release but CDG is still better. I'm sure this will make my top 10 of 2016.

CDG is probably in my top 10 for the past 20 years...it would have been hard to beat.

Yes

It's still debatable but I think CDG is their finest hour and the best of their entire career, edge out the classic like 'Organized Crime' or 'The Pleasure Principle' but of course by a small margin. Now, the new one might require at least 10 more spins to fully sunk in but I guess it's slightly weaker than CDG, Pleasure, Crime, or Dreamhunter

Yes

It's still debatable but I think CDG is their finest hour and the best of their entire career, edge out the classic like 'Organized Crime' or 'The Pleasure Principle' but of course by a small margin. Now, the new one might require at least 10 more spins to fully sunk in but I guess it's slightly weaker than CDG, Pleasure, Crime, or Dreamhunter

Yes

I find it quite pointless that people continue to compare this with Coup De Grace.

I mean they are both around 85-90% discs so what difference does it make if one is 2% better than the other??

I find it quite pointless that people continue to compare this with Coup De Grace.

I mean they are both around 88-92% discs so what difference does it make if one is 2% better than the other??

Adjusted to reality.

From memory Coup rated 87% for me.

The silly Mongolia song (what the hell is that about?) And the insipid ballad dragged it down below 90%

I really love Skies of Mongolia, mythical epic melodic metal. It reminds me the days I had a golden eagle for pet. Still I didn't overcome its passing away.

• My Little Pony

The silly Mongolia song (what the hell is that about?) And the insipid ballad dragged it down below 90%

I really love Skies of Mongolia, mythical epic melodic metal.

Heh. It's my dad's favourite song from the album.

I really love Skies of Mongolia, mythical epic melodic metal.

Heh. It's my dad's favourite song from the album.

Reading the lyrics it looks like the first verse is about touring etc which is cool....but then he bangs on about Mongolia.

???? Weird.

Thoughts.

To this day my son's favourite Treat tune from CDG is Skies Of Mongolia....I also love it. Only the ballad was worthy of skipping. Same for the new one, the ballad near the end is sorta forgettable.

Ghosts is filler free and surpassing the Defiants more and more with each spin.

To this day my son's favourite Treat tune from CDG is Skies Of Mongolia....I also love it. Only the ballad was worthy of skipping. Same for the new one, the ballad near the end is sorta forgettable.

Yeah but what is it about? Any clue

Genuine question.

Yeah but what is it about? Any clue

Genuine question.

I've done a bit of research. Curiously this song was co-written by Rudolf Schenker (Scorpions), I didn't know that!:

http://ytsejam.com/2010/05/interview-with-treats-nalle-pa%C2%A5hlsson-also-wtherion-last-autumns-dream/

Also, Mongolia is known by legend as the ‘Land of the Blue Sky' as the Mongolian sky is cloudless for more than two thirds of the year:

https://www.discovermongolia.mn/discover-mongolia-land-of-the-blue-sky/

As by the lyrics I think they are a metaphor meaning "freedom and peace in the wild":

We've been out on the road for endless of days

Seen millions of friends from far away

Traveling between the cities of blinding light

But the houses and roads and neon-lit names

Hotels and airports all look the same

So take me away, let's board another flight

There's a fire that burns tonight

In the skies of Mongolia

Like a woman with eyes that shine so bright

In the skies of Mongolia

Let me take you away to where eagles fly

Where the dirt and the rock shake hands with the sky

We ride like the wind, leaving the world behind

And though years have gone by, I'm still in the game

Can't get enough of people calling my name

But in shadows and dust is where I get peace of mind

There's a fire that burns tonight

In the skies of Mongolia

Like a woman with eyes that shine so bright

In the skies of Mongolia

There's no way you can control a nomadic heart

That holds a warrior's soul

So let's fly away tonight

Is it merely about getting away from it all?

Looks like the first verse is about the hustle & bustle and the second about breaking free

Makes more sense to me now i think.

Is it merely about getting away from it all?

Looks like the first verse is about the hustle & bustle and the second about breaking free

Makes more sense to me now i think.

Yep, it's what I understand, too.

EDIT:

Hehe, bingo!, look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakable_World_Tour_%28Scorpions_Tour%29

The Unbreakable World Tour was a worldwide concert tour by the German heavy metal band Scorpions, in support of their latest album Unbreakable. The tour started April 17, 2004 in Hanover and ended on September 9, 2006 in Düsseldorf.

31 July 2006 Ulaanbaatar Mongolia

Sükhbaatar Square

So, mr. Schenker visited Mongolia with Scorpions in 2006, I guess he possibly was impressed by Mongolian skies and the Gobi desert there, hence he wrote that song about wilderness. And Treat's Coup de Grace is from 2010.

Mystery closed. :drink2:

Is there anyone who doesn't like this album...nothing but positive reviews from what I've seen. These guys should put out albums more regularly. Surprised that there isn't more love for 'Too Late to Die Young' - incredibly good track.

86% overall.

With every spin this one is creeping closer and closer to CDG. Although the back to back to back trio of No Way Without You, We Own The Night and All For Love cannot be matched on Ghosts, although as a whole it may actually be more consistent than CDG.

I just made a mix cd for my car of both discs and I could only fit 19 of the 25 combined tracks (excluding the intro on CDG) on both dics on it. I actually had tough time deciding which tracks to leave off. Yep those are two insanely good releases.

With every spin this one is creeping closer and closer to CDG. Although the back to back to back trio of No Way Without You, We Own The Night and All For Love cannot be matched on Ghosts, although as a whole it may actually be more consistent than CDG.

I just made a mix cd for my car of both discs and I could only fit 19 of the 25 combined tracks (excluding the intro on CDG) on both dics on it. I actually had tough time deciding which tracks to leave off. Yep those are two insanely good releases.

Agree. Treat are at the top of their game right now!