Joe Biden America Last

AlphaMale

21 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Is that really a thing? 

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I've heard anything like that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-chief-of-staff-john-kelly-says-disbelief-gop-support-putin-2022-2

https://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-almost-treasonous-for-gop-figures-to-back-putin-2022-2

Some in the GOP ,rather than blame or criticize Putin for the invasion are blaming Biden for the invasion! How they come to this determination is beyond me....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-chief-of-staff-john-kelly-says-disbelief-gop-support-putin-2022-2

https://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-almost-treasonous-for-gop-figures-to-back-putin-2022-2

Some in the GOP ,rather than blame or criticize Putin for the invasion are blaming Biden for the invasion! How they come to this determination is beyond me....

Even the conservatives & Labour in the UK are as one on this , no one should support the deranged actions of an evil dictator like Putin. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

dictatorial policies in general are a direct threat to democracy and should be called out as such....

Now? Why? Seemed to be pretty cool with most people for the last two years and counting.  

10 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I don't know anything about all this and if I'm completely honest, I do not want to know about it. The only thing I ever hear about it is Russell Brand's musings when his youtube videos pop up in my playlists and this is apparently now the topic of the day. I'm not saying you need to think any which way about this, but if you legitimately want to understand the above angle, check out his last few videos on youtube. Explained in terms so simple that even I can see where he's coming from, on a subject I know nothing else about. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Now? Why? Seemed to be pretty cool with most people for the last two years and counting.  

I don't know anything about all this and if I'm completely honest, I do not want to know about it. The only thing I ever hear about it is Russell Brand's musings when his youtube videos pop up in my playlists and this is apparently now the topic of the day. I'm not saying you need to think any which way about this, but if you legitimately want to understand the above angle, check out his last few videos on youtube. Explained in terms so simple that even I can see where he's coming from, on a subject I know nothing else about. 

So I listened to most of the first video. I actually like Brand, but you do need to remember he's a comedian so take his videos and thoughts with a pinch of salt.

That said, just a few observations 

1. NATO is a defence organisation and has never to my knowledge made threatening actions towards Russia.

2. Any independent nation has the right to join NATO

3. Russia had close ties to NATO until it decided to invade Crimea in 2014 (?) or was it 15??

4. NATO then decided to build up troops and defences in Baltic states (who are members of NATO) to protect those states.

5. Russia saw that as threatening behaviour, it wasn't it was defensive

6. Russia starts to build forces on Ukrainian border as far back as 2019, when Trump was in power. No one really does much about it.

7. forces continue to mass for 2 yrs and now we are in this shit storm

Dunno,make your own mind on this, but really there is no justification for invading an independent state imo. 

At the same time not condoning the west's involvement in the Middle East as I didn't agree with those either and still do not think Bush or Blair were held to account 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Glen said:

6. Russia starts to build forces on Ukrainian border as far back as 2019, when Trump was in power. No one really does much about it.

7. forces continue to mass for 2 yrs and now we are in this shit storm

Citation? Most sources I am finding attribute the lion's share of build-up occuring beginning in April of 2021 with major escalation in late 2021. From what I see of various timelines and infographics from different online sources going back to the mid-2000s, the Trump administration era by and large was a down period of activity in the Ukraine-Russia border region, with major activity occurring in the Obama and Biden eras on either side.

The typical "blame Trump" narrative doesn't wash on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel terrible for the people of Ukraine and the soldiers on both sides.  And I strongly believe the invasion should be condemned by other world leaders.  But some people believe steps taken by the current U.S. administration (and prior admins to varying degrees) contributed to escalating tensions leading up to the invasion .  If you look back to the last 15 years in particular, the U.S. has encouraged consideration for inviting Ukraine, and other countries that were part of the USSR, to join NATO knowing Russia was strongly opposed to doing so.  There is also the belief that the U.S. actively supported the coup in 2014.  And ever since the coup the U.S. has provided billions of dollars in military and financial aid to Ukraine.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Citation? Most sources I am finding attribute the lion's share of build-up occuring beginning in April of 2021 with major escalation in late 2021. From what I see of various timelines and infographics from different online sources going back to the mid-2000s, the Trump administration era by and large was a down period of activity in the Ukraine-Russia border region, with major activity occurring in the Obama and Biden eras on either side.

not blaming anyone. You're paranoid about Trump........ just delete Trump then if that makes you feel better 🤣🤣

Here is where it started to get hairy...

In April 2019, NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg warned a joint session of the U.S. Congress of the threat posed by "“a more assertive" Russia to the alliances members, which included a massive military buildup, threats to sovereign states, the use of nerve agents and cyberattacks.[92][93]

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

not blaming anyone. You're paranoid about Trump........ just delete Trump then if that makes you feel better 🤣🤣

Here is where it started to get hairy...

In April 2019, NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg warned a joint session of the U.S. Congress of the threat posed by "“a more assertive" Russia to the alliances members, which included a massive military buildup, threats to sovereign states, the use of nerve agents and cyberattacks.[92][93]

1. Don't be a douche. You worded your post that way to reference Trump and imply that this build-up occurred under his watch.

2. Read the two citations to your paste. There is nothing in either stating that a build-up was occuring. It was one guy's speech to Congress worrying about what COULD occur. It was a political speech, not an actual intelligence report.

I repeat: the build-up occurred AFTER Trump left office.

7 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

1. Don't be a douche. You worded your post that way to reference Trump and imply that this build-up occurred under his watch.

2. Read the two citations to your paste. There is nothing in either stating that a build-up was occuring. It was one guy's speech to Congress worrying about what COULD occur. It was a political speech, not an actual intelligence report.

I repeat: the build-up occurred AFTER Trump left office.

as I said delete it then.

But the fact of the matter is that Russia was building all way after Crimea. 

Never trust someone like Putin no matter how friendly they may come across 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Why would Putin rock his buddy Trump's boat by doing anything against Ukraine....I think Putin made the mistake of believing that because the US elected a clown like Trump, they were too weak to do anything about an invasion of Ukraine ....he also saw that the EU and NATO were divided over a lot of stuff and figured there would not be much of a response from either group....

You can shit on Biden for a lot of stuff but his response to the invasion has been his finest hour.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazysam said:

I feel terrible for the people of Ukraine and the soldiers on both sides.  And I strongly believe the invasion should be condemned by other world leaders.  But some people believe steps taken by the current U.S. administration (and prior admins to varying degrees) contributed to escalating tensions leading up to the invasion .  If you look back to the last 15 years in particular, the U.S. has encouraged consideration for inviting Ukraine, and other countries that were part of the USSR, to join NATO knowing Russia was strongly opposed to doing so.  There is also the belief that the U.S. actively supported the coup in 2014.  And ever since the coup the U.S. has provided billions of dollars in military and financial aid to Ukraine.   

What coup are you referring to?

3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

What coup are you referring to?

Here are two articles on some of the events from 2014 that lead to President Yanukovych being removed from office in Ukraine.  One of these articles is an opinion piece, so consider that for what it is.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/30/russia-ukraine-war-kiev-conflict

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-25182830

3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Why would Putin rock his buddy Trump's boat by doing anything against Ukraine....I think Putin made the mistake of believing that because the US elected a clown like Trump, they were too weak to do anything about an invasion of Ukraine ....he also saw that the EU and NATO were divided over a lot of stuff and figured there would not be much of a response from either group....

You can shit on Biden for a lot of stuff but his response to the invasion has been his finest hour.....

His finest hour?!?!? LMAO :lol:

He called Ukrainians Iranians...... fucking idiot.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Here are two articles on some of the events from 2014 that lead to President Yanukovych being removed from office in Ukraine.  One of these articles is an opinion piece, so consider that for what it is.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/30/russia-ukraine-war-kiev-conflict

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-25182830

Interesting stuff....I had not heard about this side of the situation.....although I can understand Ukrainians wanting to get rid if a Putin puppet and turn more towards the West.....but the West obviously had a hand in events....

14 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

His finest hour?!?!? LMAO :lol:

He called Ukrainians Iranians...... fucking idiot.

I must admit that I don't pay much attention to what Biden says as he seems to have a hard time speaking these days....old age does that to you I'm told....what matters is the end result and the West's response to the invasion has been spot on imo....

You guys are hilarious, bottom line, Trump wasn't buddies with Xi or Putin, he was Trump, and the thing about Trump even if you hate his guts, they never knew exactly what he would do, so they never chanced it, after watching Biden in Afghanistan and seeing what this administrations about, they knew damn well they could do anything they wanted to, and they are right, I don't trust Biden, and if we head into a world war, he's gotta go, he's a crook, and talk about Trump being buddies with Putin, actually it's the Clinton's, and Biden is in bed with Xi, blaming Trump is funny and pretty spineless, grasping at straws, in his 4 years, we never had any war, ZERO WAR! and no amount of spinning or funny wording, or just flat lying can change that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

You guys are hilarious, bottom line, Trump wasn't buddies with Xi or Putin, he was Trump, and the thing about Trump even if you hate his guts, they never knew exactly what he would do, so they never chanced it, after watching Biden in Afghanistan and seeing what this administrations about, they knew damn well they could do anything they wanted to, and they are right, I don't trust Biden, and if we head into a world war, he's gotta go, he's a crook, and talk about Trump being buddies with Putin, actually it's the Clinton's, and Biden is in bed with Xi, blaming Trump is funny and pretty spineless, grasping at straws, in his 4 years, we never had any war, ZERO WAR! and no amount of spinning or funny wording, or just flat lying can change that.

mate you are talking like I care about Trump. I asked Dan to delete my comment if it causes offence 

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

never chanced what? Do you honestly think Russia or Putin give 2 stuffs who resides in the White House lol. 

They have been actively building arms for the last 10 years or more. This has always been Putins main aim. He's never accepted Ukraine as an independent state.

Was probably loving Trump threats to leave UN & Nato as well 🤣 

Bottom line. Putin does what he wants, when he wants and in his timescales 

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Glen said:

mate you are talking like I care about Trump. I asked Dan to delete my comment if it causes offence 

Deleting a comment might delete a post - that's not a good thing.

I'm certain that no one is offending if a politician is criticized

1 hour ago, Metal T said:

and just like clockwork here come all the Biden ball lickers out in force...:wacko:

again you assume I'm licking bidens balls when in reality I don't give 2 shits about him.

or u as well. 

So there u go. 

22 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Nancy Pelosi certainly thought so.

She was sickening to watch during the SOTU address.

More like SOD address...

What a complete shit show. They look like aliens trying to be humans, very cringeworthy to watch.

Did you notice there was a competition about being the first one to stand up and applause?

Joke Biden couldn't even finished a senctence before those monkeys were on their feet.

It amazes me how this is considered as normal...but that's just what a weak president needs I guess.

And the weakest vice president ever...

39 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Did you notice there was a competition about being the first one to stand up and applause?

Joke Biden couldn't even finished a senctence before those monkeys were on their feet.

It amazes me how this is considered as normal...but that's just what a weak president needs I guess.

And the weakest vice president ever...

I don't disagree with you in general, but in all fairness the State of Disunion addresses have been cheering contests as far back as I can remember. Those in the same party as the president get a workout jumping up and down cheering, whereas the opposition party sits on its hands the majority of the time. It was the same when a Republican held the office.

The most annoying part was listening to Biden taking all of Trump's policies and talking points and claiming them as his own... and the muppets cheered...

• Haha 1