Joe Biden America Last

AlphaMale

For the last 3 weeks, CNN has been running inflammatory headlines all based on conjecture (even more so than usual), e.g., "U.S. advisor claims...", "Administration source hints at.." all nebulously framed, changing them up every few hours.

One thing that both the establishment dems and repubs have in common is love for a good old fashioned shooting war. Gotta keep the military industrial complex fed. It also makes for great distraction away from the administration's fumbling of every other issue going on...

If you read/watch non-mainstream media, it's as if the powers that be here in the U.S. actively want there to be a war because elsewhere things are not being portrayed as anywhere as dire as mainstream media impies. They're trying to get the public whipped up about it, but it's failing... Nobody I know is talking about (or for the most part even paying attention to) what's going on in The Ukraine. People are more concerned about 7.5% inflation, gasoling crossing $4 per gallon, etc... shit that REALLY matters to the vast majority of people.

7 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

For the last 3 weeks, CNN has been running inflammatory headlines all based on conjecture (even more so than usual), e.g., "U.S. advisor claims...", "Administration source hints at.." all nebulously framed, changing them up every few hours.

One thing that both the establishment dems and repubs have in common is love for a good old fashioned shooting war. Gotta keep the military industrial complex fed. It also makes for great distraction away from the administration's fumbling of every other issue going on...

If you read/watch non-mainstream media, it's as if the powers that be here in the U.S. actively want there to be a war because elsewhere things are not being portrayed as anywhere as dire as mainstream media impies. They're trying to get the public whipped up about it, but it's failing... Nobody I know is talking about (or for the most part even paying attention to) what's going on in The Ukraine. People are more concerned about 7.5% inflation, gasoling crossing $4 per gallon, etc... shit that REALLY matters to the vast majority of people.

inflation is not just confined to the US - this is a global issue and is a concern for all. UK inflation is at least as high as the US and across the whole EU over 5% now and climbing. 

I'm not really sure what the answer is. Our energy prices have gone through the roof, housing market is still crazy and unaffordable for most. Some food stuffs have increased by over 20%. 

$4 a gallon is a dream price for fuel in the UK. Try £1.50 a litre 🤣🤣🤣 (4 litres = 1 gallon)

7 hours ago, Glen said:

inflation is not just confined to the US - this is a global issue and is a concern for all. UK inflation is at least as high as the US and across the whole EU over 5% now and climbing. 

I'm not really sure what the answer is. Our energy prices have gone through the roof, housing market is still crazy and unaffordable for most. Some food stuffs have increased by over 20%. 

$4 a gallon is a dream price for fuel in the UK. Try £1.50 a litre 🤣🤣🤣 (4 litres = 1 gallon)

Yeah gas has hit $1.80 per litre in parts of Canada....

8 hours ago, Glen said:

In all fairness, people in Europe and the UK typically do not have as far to drive or move products as in the U.S., so while the cost per litre/gallon may be higher there, the impact on the population may actually be higher here, even with the lower unit cost.

Populations are more concentrated and intercity distances  shorter there than here.

This morning's major headlines re: Russia via CNN. Notice the lack of actual facts... it's all "somebody in the administration said...":

• 'No slow down' in Russia's preparations to invade, a US official says
  • The US continues to see Russia making maneuvers in the field that are consistent with preparations to invade Ukraine, two officials say
  • US says it has credible information about Russian 'kill list' in potential Ukraine invasion

54 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

This morning's major headlines re: Russia via CNN. Notice the lack of actual facts... it's all "somebody in the administration said...":

• The US continues to see Russia making maneuvers in the field that are consistent with preparations to invade Ukraine, two officials say
  • US says it has credible information about Russian 'kill list' in potential Ukraine invasion

prob cos this is being fed centrally from NATO and not just the US. Our feedback is equally as sketchy 

6 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'm not surprised that we aren't getting specific info about what is going on mainly because I don't think anyone except Putin knows for sure what is going to occur....also we have never received specific info in the past about such situations from western governments because they do not want to reveal intelligence sources which is why we keep getting unofficial news from unofficial sources leaking out from the government...some of that info is deliberately leaked and some is not....this is what usually happens no matter what political party is in charge....

6 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

In all fairness, people in Europe and the UK typically do not have as far to drive or move products as in the U.S., so while the cost per litre/gallon may be higher there, the impact on the population may actually be higher here, even with the lower unit cost.

Populations are more concentrated and intercity distances  shorter there than here.

Canada does not have that excuse....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I heard this worthless scumbag has sent some of our American border agents over to Poland....f--k our own security and let lord knows keep pouring across our border,while we keep stockpiling troops etc to defend a shady,little corrupt country like Ukraine. (yes they are-do your research) ..seen enough of this mothef---r yet? Any buyer's remorse out there?  3 more years of this lunatic in the White House...God help us. 

Take care of your own backyard Europe!

:angry2:

2 minutes ago, auslander said:

Bit harsh to call him a lunatic. Senile, yes. Idiot, yes. Weak as piss, yes. But lunatic? Bit harsh.

Agreed. Trump would be considered more of a "lunatic" than Biden... of course one has to have a pulse to be a lunatic, so there's that.

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Agreed. Trump would be considered more of a "lunatic" than Biden... of course one has to have a pulse to be a lunatic, so there's that.

One of the reasons Putin didn't pull this shit on Trump's watch, like he did on both Obama and Biden. 

6 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

A half hour into this shit show of a speech and it's contradiction on top of lie on top of bullshit. Such nonsense. He's literally just making random shit up... when he's not mumbling.

Putin read him like a pro. "Don't bullshit a bullshitter". Lies and chest-puffing might work on our useless media and stupid public obsessed with image over substance, but it doesn't work on megalomaniac dictators. When JFK went stern over the Cuba missile crisis, the Soviets knew he was for real and backed off. Joe Biden is as phoney as a divorce lawyer and world leaders know it.

Edited by auslander

• 2023 Gold Donors

How the fuck has America become so weak?

All I can say is that it's lucky Russia decided to invade Ukraine instead of the US.

Basically Red Dawn without Patrick Swayze and that's not good. (Wolverines!)

Bring on '24 and the return of Trump. It's gonna happen. 

Metal T mentioned buyers remorse regarding the Biden administration. 

I think the midterms will reflect that 100%.

9 hours ago, Darkstone said:

if he wins it will be a bona fide 100% straight election. If he loses it will be 100% rigged. 

it's gonna happen 😉👍

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

How the fuck has America become so weak?

All I can say is that it's lucky Russia decided to invade Ukraine instead of the US.

Basically Red Dawn without Patrick Swayze and that's not good. (Wolverines!)

Metal T mentioned buyers remorse regarding the Biden administration. 

I think the midterms will reflect that 100%.

Out of curiosity, what should Biden be saying and doing that you would approve of?

17 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Out of curiosity, what should Biden be saying and doing that you would approve of?

Not lying.

Not saying that raising the minimum wage and other benefits will drive costs DOWN for the consumer.

Not claiming that re-implementing Trump administration policies now is somehow revolutionary.

Not misleading people by ignoring the current inflation and saying we have a "booming economy".

Not claiming that he can weave electrical-vehicle infrastructure out of thin air at no cost.

Not claiming that creating all-new domestic manufacturing capacity can somehow be done at no expense.

Not being honest that these anti-Russian sanctions are going to result in much higher expenses for the American consumer in the short term. Just be honest about it: "These economic sanctions are necessary, but may result in some short-term higher prices, but they are necessary for the world's benefit".

Not revealing that some of these pie-in-the-sky programs *might* pay dividends 20-40 years from now, but in the short term will do the exact opposite.

Don't get me wrong, all state-of-the-union speeches are bullshit, but this one contained more contradictions, omissions, and outright lies than normal.

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Pretty much the opposite of what he's saying and doing now.

He's not a strong Leader, never has been and Countries like Russia with Leaders like Putin are more than willing to take advantage of that.

As for what he should specifically be saying or doing, I have no idea and I don't think anything he could have done would've averted this. It was a done deal once he won the election.

5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Not lying.

Not saying that raising the minimum wage and other benefits will drive costs DOWN for the consumer.

Not claiming that re-implementing Trump administration policies now is somehow revolutionary.

Not misleading people by ignoring the current inflation and saying we have a "booming economy".

Not claiming that he can weave electrical-vehicle infrastructure out of thin air at no cost.

Not claiming that creating all-new domestic manufacturing capacity can somehow be done at no expense.

Not being honest that these anti-Russian sanctions are going to result in much higher expenses for the American consumer in the short term. Just be honest about it: "These economic sanctions are necessary, but may result in some short-term higher prices, but they are necessary for the world's benefit".

Not revealing that some of these pie-in-the-sky programs *might* pay dividends 20-40 years from now, but in the short term will do the exact opposite.

Don't get me wrong, all state-of-the-union speeches are bullshit, but this one contained more contradictions, omissions, and outright lies than normal.

That's not to say he shouldn't go ahead with these policies because there are advantages but you are correct, the government should be more clear as to the overall consequences of any and all policies....

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Pretty much the opposite of what he's saying and doing now.

He's not a strong Leader, never has been and Countries like Russia with Leaders like Putin are more than willing to take advantage of that.

As for what he should specifically be saying or doing, I have no idea and I don't think anything he could have done would've averted this. It was a done deal once he won the election.

I don't consider him to be a strong leader either and I admit to not knowing if his policies for the US are the right ones....as for dealing with Putin I think he is doing all he can without getting the West directly involved with the war which could be catastrophic for the world....

One thing I don't understand is why so many people in the GOP and on the right are cheering Putin on in this war....it seems insane to me....this love for Putin and dictatorial policies in general are a direct threat to democracy and should be called out as such....

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
47 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

One thing I don't understand is why so many people in the GOP and on the right are cheering Putin on in this war.

Is that really a thing? 

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I've heard anything like that.