Enough with the off-topic chit-chat threads

AlphaMale

Everytime you log on here, a third of the threads are Exquisite Entropy threads, and generally they have nothing to do with music. Does this just annoy me or does it annoy anyone else? Wish there was a way to ignore all these threads especially the never-ending Song and Album "games". And you wonder why nobody comes here anymore that used to? Maybe that has something to do with it. Nobody wants to talk about our music anymore. :popcorn:

Or maybe I'm just a grumpy old rocker!! :rofl2:

I come here for the music,but I've joined in on some of these conversations. I t may go a little overboard, but I don't think it's a big deal.

I love talkin' stupid sh*t. So I love the Exquisite Entropy section.

I think some people like taking about just music, others like talking about....well other stuff. Personally I don't join in on the chit-chat threads but I'm fine with everyone who enjoys them. I don't have to read them if I don't want to.

I'm not into the 'game' threads and don't visit them. (There was one I liked recently, but it seemed to die a death.)

if this board was kept to just music it would go away like so many other boards IMO. more to life that just music and we express it all here, it is what makes us family.

:agree:

Great post.

I'm not into the 'game' threads, so I don't visit them. (There was one I liked recently, but it seemed to die a death.) I rarely post on any of the other EE threads, but do check some of them out from time to time.

I think the key phrase here is, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". IMO this is the best forum there is, so I'm happy to ignore stuff I'm not interested in. Keep up the awesome work, Dan (et al)!

I tend to post anything anywhere. I rarely look at the title of the thread and just post stuff. If you look back where stuff has gone way off-topic it's often little-ole-me that's kicked it off. Is just how I roll.

Yeah, I don't post in EE anymore either, but when I had time it was harmless fun and it's a good way to pass time if you have a lot of spare time at work. By the good grace of my lord and saviour jesus christ do I miss those days.

So yeah, I don't visit any of those threads I used to daily, but I don't see the harm in them. If an interesting topic came up (like who has the best rack out of a couple of sexy ladiez) I'm always up for it. At the moment, though, I have about a 1hr window to play on the internet a few days a week so I only come here for the music threads at the moment.

To each their own, but I hate those game threads too. :lol: No real reason, I just do. :(

• My Little Pony

I don't post in the "game" threads anymore. They became boring. I wouldn't mind a constantly updated trivia thread, even though I'd be terrible.

Everyone takes away something different from this site. We all came for the music, but many of us stick around for the bullshit, because, as someone already mentioned, it's what sets this site apart from the rest--feels more like family.

I do agree, it gets a little annoying when you click the "view new content" and it's all EE topics, but I s'pose that's a good time to start something new yourself.

Maybe you take things too serious. If you don't like these threads don't look at them. And if you want to discuss music do it, there are enough other threads. Or start a new one.

This forum will be 10 years old in August. If we had tried to keep the discussion to music only, it would have died a painful death about 7-8 years back, as there are only so many times you can re-hash Bon Jovi vs Def Leppard, Van Halen vs Van Hagar, who's the best <insert instrument here>, etc... Discussing any and everything is what makes this board/community great.

• My Little Pony

Has anyone made notice of this being in the EE section? I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that is what we call "irony!"

I like the EE...It's nearly the only place I post these days as I don't seem to be getting too many new releases to be able to comment in other threads. I've just been buying a lot of stuff I always wanted but never got around to getting so my input elsewhere is a bit limited...you guys all have your fingers on the pulse as it were - not so me these days haha!

HEY JEFF Billy and the Boingers rule by the way !