Jani Lane Found Dead

T-BONE

:popcorn:

http://www.flixerr.com/ex-warrant-singer-jani-lane-dead-at-47/

Jani Lane — former lead singer of the rock band Warrant – was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening … TMZ has learned.

Lane’s body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Lane famously penned the band’s biggest hit “Cherry Pie” back in 1989 … before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues — he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 … his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me isn't shocked since he's lived a party life style for so long but part of me is very shocked. Sorry even with all of the partying you see guys like Adler and Richards live on I wouldn't think I'd see this day. I was pulling for the guy to get his shit together. Just a waste of talent IMO as he was one of the best if the not the best songwriter of his generation. I hope this is a prank but something tells me it isn't. RIP.

Oh man, devastating news. Like others said, it's no secret he was a mess, but like others also said I was always hoping he'd one day get it together either with Warrant or solo, and release the brilliance he was certainly capable of. Painful to acknowledge that with his death this is no longer possible. What an incredible waste. :(

R.I.P. and thanks for the banquet of excellent tunes left behind.

Like ZA said, hard to be surprised, but I was kinda in the whole "no news is good news" camp when it came to Jani.

Such as shame that someone with his talent/legacy got so screwed up. And even though it may not have been a seedy place, the place he was found seems kind of sadly appropriate with how his star had fallen.

RIP Jani and thanks for all the great music.

he single handedly upstaged ratt and la guns, he was a magnificant showman, and its truly sad rip jani

Like anyone else who destroys themselves with drink or drugs, I cant be sympathetic towards his death, but I certainly am saddened to lose yet another great talent.

I have utmost respect for those guys who have kicked the bottle or drugs, but when will people learn that fame does not mean you have to give into them in the first place?

I wish he could have sorted himself out because he was one of the greatest songwriters of his generation, and had hoped for some more great music from him in years to come.

Sad - think I'll spin DRFSR tonite when I get home. Haven't played it for years and I was thinking about putting it in the car the other day and now this turns up. RIP.

That's a bummer.

I will confess that while they were current I really never gave Warrant the time of day (too busy being "tr00 METTLE" and all that) but over the years I picked up a couple of their old CDs and I had to admit, they had some pretty damn sweet hard rock songs in their catalog. Nowadays CHERRY PIE, DOG EAT DOG and ULTRAPHOBIC get pretty regular spins 'round my house.

I hate to say it but to anybody who's been following this guy for a while, this probably isn't much of a shock. It was sort of inevitable. Either way, I hope he's at peace now. R.I.P. Jani.

Sad news but not surprising. I guess I feel worse for Mac and Steve Lee which were much harder to deal with in the way that they passed. That being said, Jani was a talent. Met him in the airport after Rocklahoma one year. Was super nice to talk to and had a cool photo with him I put somewhere. He was really cool and down to earth.

Bummer