Jani Lane Found Dead

T-BONE

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing the difference of feeling's in this thread and the Amy Winehouse thread, both did it to themselves. And although it is sad that Jani is gone it is not a suprise. I don't know, but he has left how many children without a dad because he couldn't get himself straight. I was a pretty big fan of Warrant and Jani is one of the best songwriters of the era. he will be missed.

Sad day indeed. Love Warrant R.I.P.\m/

Guest Dangerous Toy

Oh man, devastating news. Like others said, it's no secret he was a mess, but like others also said I was always hoping he'd one day get it together either with Warrant or solo, and release the brilliance he was certainly capable of. Painful to acknowledge that with his death this is no longer possible. What an incredible waste. :(

R.I.P. and thanks for the banquet of excellent tunes left behind.

I couldn't have said it better myself Geoff. Reading about the deaths of rock stars from our favorite era usually doesn't faze me, but hearing that Jani passed away really set me back a little. Warrant is easily one of my top 3 favorite hard rock bands and what can be said about the Dog Eat Dog album that hasn't already been said? Hands down my favorite hard rock/metal album of all time.

I remember watching an interview on youtube with Jani where he mentioned that he poured his heart and soul into that album and my god is that easy to tell. Every detail from the songwriting, solos, production, musicianship. You name it. Every single last detail about the Dog Eat Dog album is absolute perfection. I always thought Warrant were heads and shoulders above their contemporaries thanks to Jani's great voice and unmatchable song writing skills (the best song writer of the glam/hair metal era IMO).

It's too bad the videos for "Heaven" and "Cherry Pie" made them appear to be just another MTV produced fluff metal band. As far as I'm concerned, Jani passing away is an absolutely devastating loss for what's left of the 80's hard rock/hair metal scene and it's fans. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Jani and thank you for the music.

Jani Lane: His Only Real Friend... That Killed Him in the End RIP

by Sebastian Bach on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 6:53pm

People have been asking me about Jani Lane & I really don't know what to say. Picturing him by himself in a Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills with a bottle of vodka & a bottle of pills is so typical of what a rock musicians life actually is. It is a life marked by extremes. Extreme attention from people you don't know, while all the work & travel takes you away from those you actually do know. Playing to thousands of people & then going back to your hotel room & shutting the door. When the door shuts... the quiet is the exact opposite of the volume of the concert. The solitude of the empty hotel room becomes the diametric parallel of the adulation of strangers. For some, the bottle of vodka or whatever becomes a friend that is always there for you while others come & go. Yes I have felt these emotions myself. If you see me going head over heels over a girl, it's because all I have ever wanted is to have a girl to love & share my life with, & for the one I love to be with me wherever I'm at, travel with me to distant locales & stay in nice kick ass hotel suites & have fun & sing & dance & see the world. But so far this is a fantasy. Just like Jani, I spend most of my time alone in a hotel room dreaming of a girl I love who is somewhere else. I bet Jani Lane felt exactly what I feel. How could he not?

I remember decades ago being invited to Janis house for a barbeque, which we went to. But Jani didn't show up. So I spent the afternoon with Janis dad cooking burgers & steaks & having a wonderful day with his family. My condolences to his family & especially Janis children who now only have memories of their dad to hold on to. That is truly heartbreaking. Let this be yet another lesson to tell someone some kind words sometimes... before it's too late... while they are still alive. I can guarantee Jani Lane would not have anticipated everyone coming out of the woodwork extolling the life & times of Jani Lane. Which is why he probably died alone. In a hotel room. With his only real friend...that killed him in the end.

184104_10150361683414809_26257129808_9852603_136609_n.jpg

Jani Lane & Sebastian Bach, a million years ago. RIP Jani Lane

Jani Lane: His Only Real Friend... That Killed Him in the End RIP

by Sebastian Bach on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 6:53pm

People have been asking me about Jani Lane & I really don't know what to say. Picturing him by himself in a Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills with a bottle of vodka & a bottle of pills is so typical of what a rock musicians life actually is. It is a life marked by extremes. Extreme attention from people you don't know, while all the work & travel takes you away from those you actually do know. Playing to thousands of people & then going back to your hotel room & shutting the door. When the door shuts... the quiet is the exact opposite of the volume of the concert. The solitude of the empty hotel room becomes the diametric parallel of the adulation of strangers. For some, the bottle of vodka or whatever becomes a friend that is always there for you while others come & go. Yes I have felt these emotions myself. If you see me going head over heels over a girl, it's because all I have ever wanted is to have a girl to love & share my life with, & for the one I love to be with me wherever I'm at, travel with me to distant locales & stay in nice kick ass hotel suites & have fun & sing & dance & see the world. But so far this is a fantasy. Just like Jani, I spend most of my time alone in a hotel room dreaming of a girl I love who is somewhere else. I bet Jani Lane felt exactly what I feel. How could he not?

I remember decades ago being invited to Janis house for a barbeque, which we went to. But Jani didn't show up. So I spent the afternoon with Janis dad cooking burgers & steaks & having a wonderful day with his family. My condolences to his family & especially Janis children who now only have memories of their dad to hold on to. That is truly heartbreaking. Let this be yet another lesson to tell someone some kind words sometimes... before it's too late... while they are still alive. I can guarantee Jani Lane would not have anticipated everyone coming out of the woodwork extolling the life & times of Jani Lane. Which is why he probably died alone. In a hotel room. With his only real friend...that killed him in the end.

184104_10150361683414809_26257129808_9852603_136609_n.jpg

Jani Lane & Sebastian Bach, a million years ago. RIP Jani Lane

Bach should have his own talk show. He sure doesn't sugar coat anything. Probably the best tweet or blog or whatever I've read on Jani's death. I've been listening to Warrant pretty much everytime I'm at the computer since I've heard the news. Even now while typing this, I find myself shaking me head in disbelief that such a great talent will never be heard from again.

The bridge part 'I've been hurt and I've been blind....' in I Saw Red is still to this day my favourite few seconds in a song ever.

Oh man, devastating news. Like others said, it's no secret he was a mess, but like others also said I was always hoping he'd one day get it together either with Warrant or solo, and release the brilliance he was certainly capable of. Painful to acknowledge that with his death this is no longer possible. What an incredible waste. :(

R.I.P. and thanks for the banquet of excellent tunes left behind.

I couldn't have said it better myself Geoff. Reading about the deaths of rock stars from our favorite era usually doesn't faze me, but hearing that Jani passed away really set me back a little. Warrant is easily one of my top 3 favorite hard rock bands and what can be said about the Dog Eat Dog album that hasn't already been said? Hands down my favorite hard rock/metal album of all time.

I remember watching an interview on youtube with Jani where he mentioned that he poured his heart and soul into that album and my god is that easy to tell. Every detail from the songwriting, solos, production, musicianship. You name it. Every single last detail about the Dog Eat Dog album is absolute perfection. I always thought Warrant were heads and shoulders above their contemporaries thanks to Jani's great voice and unmatchable song writing skills (the best song writer of the glam/hair metal era IMO).

It's too bad the videos for "Heaven" and "Cherry Pie" made them appear to be just another MTV produced fluff metal band. As far as I'm concerned, Jani passing away is an absolutely devastating loss for what's left of the 80's hard rock/hair metal scene and it's fans. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Jani and thank you for the music.

Yeah, like Dave said, I also haven't stopped playing Warrant since the news... first time I've done this with the passing of one of our "heroes." Gregg Fulkerson and Steve Lee hit me quite hard, but Jani Lane. The culprit of what I called arguably my favourite album of all time ; 'Dog eat dog.' Dreadful news. :(

Great words from Sebastian Bach, on a lifestyle most of us could only dream (nightmare?) about.

The bridge part 'I've been hurt and I've been blind....' in I Saw Red is still to this day my favourite few seconds in a song ever.

Oh, and in hindsight... was there a better and more amazing ballad than 'I saw red' at the time? I think not...

Oh, and in hindsight... was there a better and more amazing ballad than 'I saw red' at the time? I think not...

Yeah I love that song too....one of my fav Warrant songs.

It appeared that nobody over at HubPages had written anything about Jani Lane's death so I figured I might as well be the first... hope y'all dig.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Jani-Lane-of-Warrant-1964-2011

I love that tune but always liked "Blind Faith" even more.

Listening to Belly to Belly right now and I know most people hate it but if I don't compare to the rest of the discography it has some deep and amazing lyrics and at least a half dozen cool songs IMO. You could tell that Jani was at a low when he wrote this album. Just listen to "Feels Good" and "Letter to a Friend".