Jani Lane Found Dead

T-BONE

The album who be called 'The Song and Dance Man' and would have these 12 tracks on it....most likely in that exact running order.

1) Mr. Rainmaker

2) I Saw Red

3) Quicksand

4) Heaven

5) You're The Only Hell Your Mama Ever Raised

6) The Bitter Pill

7) Uncle Tom's Cabin

8) Bed Of Roses

9) High

10)All My Bridges Are Burning

11)Sad Theresa

12)Stronger Now

Nice choices mate. Personally I'd have ditched the last 2 and included "Down Boys" and maybe "April 2031" on the end (bit of a down-beat ending though!), but it then becomes a compilation of their first albums really...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The album who be called 'The Song and Dance Man' and would have these 12 tracks on it....most likely in that exact running order.

1) Mr. Rainmaker

2) I Saw Red

3) Quicksand

4) Heaven

6) The Bitter Pill

7) Uncle Tom's Cabin

8) Bed Of Roses

9) High

11)Sad Theresa

12)Stronger Now

Nice choices mate. Personally I'd have ditched the last 2 and included "Down Boys" and maybe "April 2031" on the end (bit of a down-beat ending though!), but it then becomes a compilation of their first albums really...

Thin Disguise would have to be on there somewhere...one of their best songs IMO

1) Mr. Rainmaker

2) I Saw Red

3) Quicksand

4) Heaven

6) The Bitter Pill

7) Uncle Tom's Cabin

8) Bed Of Roses

9) High

11)Sad Theresa

12)Stronger Now

Nah, just shoulda been a 14 track instead ;)

Sad Theresa is my favorite track on DED!

What I would have done is probably done a 2 disc set. One disk for rockers, and one for ballads.

I would have added in a few non Warrant tracks as well, including stuff from his solo career, SOTU and some other odds and sods he had done here and there.

Anyone watch TMS with Jani? He seemed in great spirits on the show and professed a pretty intelligent attitude/outlook towards his life. Makes it even more difficult/sad to come to grips with what happened.

Was it an act he put on in public? Seems in that article/blog from that fan, that things weren't so rosy, at least in his "alone" time.

Still hard to believe and such a shame.

Anyone watch TMS with Jani? He seemed in great spirits on the show and professed a pretty intelligent attitude/outlook towards his life. Makes it even more difficult/sad to come to grips with what happened.

Was it an act he put on in public? Seems in that article/blog from that fan, that things weren't so rosy, at least in his "alone" time.

Yup I watched and it was a good episode and he seemed sober and normal and looked fit so yeah a shame he'd die soon after.

It was shameful that Eddie Trunk didn't seem to know the difference between Dog Eat Dog and Ultraphobic.

Also there was not enough time for 3 guests and would of rather had a full hour of both Michael Sweet and Jani but by the time Taime was thrown in none of the three got to talk much. To bad it wasn't a half hour or a hour longer.

Yup I watched and it was a good episode and he seemed sober and normal and looked fit so yeah a shame he'd die soon after.

It was shameful that Eddie Trunk didn't seem to know the difference between Dog Eat Dog and Ultraphobic.

Also there was not enough time for 3 guests and would of rather had a full hour of both Michael Sweet and Jani but by the time Taime was thrown in none of the three got to talk much. To bad it wasn't a half hour or a hour longer.

I don't know, when I watched it today I was just thinking that he didn't look all that good. looked way too thin and I thought when they were talking about the Warrant stuff that it really flipped a switch and I noticed that he almost had to fight back tears. to me it was a big red flag for some deep depression he might have been dealing with.

I don't know, when I watched it today I was just thinking that he didn't look all that good. looked way too thin and I thought when they were talking about the Warrant stuff that it really flipped a switch and I noticed that he almost had to fight back tears. to me it was a big red flag for some deep depression he might have been dealing with.

still sad. I dont think a death of an artist has hit me like this one has. Not that I'm going to go out crying but much more of a sadness of what was and what could have been and a ton of music that I love and a guy I was pulling for to turn things around in his life

My wife did make a statement about how skinny he looked but to me he seemed to be in good spirits. I just wish they would of had a full hour with him.

I don't think he looked unhealthy or overly skinny at all...Michael Sweet is skinnier than Jani Lane...

There was some bone sticking out on his upper check.

Speaking of Michael Sweet I really wondered what he was thinking about some of the statements Taime Downe made especially the two chicks at one time when he was 15 statement. At least Jani was respectful and not to overly crazy. It almost seemed like Taime was acting crazier becasue Michael was there but then again I've been around Taime before and he's just plain nuts.

still sad. I dont think a death of an artist has hit me like this one has. Not that I'm going to go out crying but much more of a sadness of what was and what could have been and a ton of music that I love and a guy I was pulling for to turn things around in his life

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

I think the death that hit me the hardest out of this huge block of musicians that have passed recently was that of Henrik Ostergaard from Dirty Looks, just because I didn't realize he was in such a bad state health-wise. With Jani, and I hate to say it, I always kind of thought this day was going to happen sooner rather than later. I was always pulling for him to turn things around and get back into making some more great music but he just couldn't get it together. :(

I don't think he looked unhealthy or overly skinny at all...Michael Sweet is skinnier than Jani Lane...

maybe my eyes ware bad but Sweet looked healthy.

Which was kind of my point...they both looked fine to me. Lane obviously has lived a littler harder than Sweet, but they both looked slender & healthy, IMO.

• 1 year later...

• My Little Pony

I think the death that hit me the hardest out of this huge block of musicians that have passed recently was that of Henrik Ostergaard from Dirty Looks sad.gif

What?!! I didn't even know. Shit! That's terrible.

Two years? Wow, it's been that long? I thought it was only last year.

Still one that saddens me too.

On a related note, I'm selling the 'Ultraphobic' cassette tape on ebay at the moment and pretty much within a day of it's listing it was up at $7, whilst the rest of my (much rarer, much more interesting 80's hard rock titles) were all still on $2.00. I was so puzzled by this. Could it purely be because of his passing that even something like an old 'Ultraphobic' tape is now worth more to some creeps out there?

I'm selling the 'Ultraphobic' cassette tape on ebay at the moment and pretty much within a day of it's listing it was up at $7, whilst the rest of my (much rarer, much more interesting 80's hard rock titles) were all still on $2.00. I was so puzzled by this. Could it purely be because of his passing that even something like an old 'Ultraphobic' tape is now worth more to some creeps out there?

It could just be that album-quality aside, an "Ultraphobic" cassette (!) is probably way harder to find than a "Cherry Pie" or "DRFSR" tape. Not only cuz Ultraphobic sold far less than those other two in general, but also cuz by the time that album was released in 1995, cassettes were on the way "out" so there probably weren't many released in that format.

I mean, geez, I started buying CDs in 1992 and even then I felt like I was late getting on the band wagon. :D

• My Little Pony

I'm selling the 'Ultraphobic' cassette tape on ebay at the moment and pretty much within a day of it's listing it was up at $7, whilst the rest of my (much rarer, much more interesting 80's hard rock titles) were all still on $2.00. I was so puzzled by this. Could it purely be because of his passing that even something like an old 'Ultraphobic' tape is now worth more to some creeps out there?

It could just be that album-quality aside, an "Ultraphobic" cassette (!) is probably way harder to find than a "Cherry Pie" or "DRFSR" tape. Not only cuz Ultraphobic sold far less than those other two in general, but also cuz by the time that album was released in 1995, cassettes were on the way "out" so there probably weren't many released in that format.

I mean, geez, I started buying CDs in 1992 and even then I felt like I was late getting on the band wagon. :D

Hey, now, I got my first CD in 1992. I was only 5, though.