Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

Gone Girl. Started out ok. Stupid ending. :(

Really? I thought it was great. I'll never watch it, again, and it proved White people are fucked, but it was still a good film.

"Battledogs" (2013)

More schlocky fun from our friends at The Asylum and SyFy. A fast-moving "lupine virus" that turns people into bloodthirsty werewolf-like creatures is threatening to overrun Manhattan (which is portrayed, rather unconvincingly, by Buffalo, NY). While a government doctor tries to find a cure, a crazed General (Dennis Haysbert of "24") is trying to use the creatures as his own private army.
Naturally, since it's an Asylum production, appearances by D-list actors like Ernie "Ghostbusters" Hudson and Ariana "Jurassic Park" Richards -- and the now-standard cheap sh*t CGI -- are the order of the day.

Gone Girl. Started out ok. Stupid ending. :(

Really? I thought it was great. I'll never watch it, again, and it proved White people are fucked, but it was still a good film.

Odd comment. Can I ask exactly how this film did this? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending white people. Most people are fucked - white, black, asian or whatever... I hate them all. But that's just a really odd comment and I want to get to the bottom of it. ;)

American Sniper ; finally saw it and I thought it was excellent. Had me interested for the entire 2 hours plus, and I didn't even really want to get up to grab a beer I was that fixated. Anyway, whinge about the dramatisation and patriotism all you want; I just thought it was a good movie with an interesting story/subject. I was actually quite moved at the end... mostly for the sake of his kids. Make what you will of what he did with his life, but that kind of stuff hits me a lot more after fatherhood.

The Kingsman

Livid, French horror flick, which is usually a good thing in my book. Start's off a bit like a dark adults Goonies, then turns spooky Japanese before all becoming a bit silly.

"Trucks" (1997)

Big rigs turn sentient and homicidal, trapping a bunch of puny humans inside a remote truck stop in this dull-as-dishwater, made for TV remake of Stephen King's "Maximum Overdrive" (both films are based on King's short story "Trucks"). Lord knows "M.O." is not a great movie by any means, but compared to this flick it's practically the Royal Shakespeare Company.

"Batman Begins" (2005)

Ten years ago this week (has it really been that long?), Christopher Nolan brought Batman back to the big screen in a very big way and kicked the feeding frenzy for comic book movies into high gear. I still like "The Dark Knight" w/Heath Ledger as the Joker better than this one by just a smidge, but at the time of its release, "Begins" was the best damn Bat-Movie ever and it is holding up very well.

Spy ... pretty funny (if you can get past Jude Law's awful American accent :))

Jupiter Ascending

Cuban Fury :)

Ex Machina

Sci fi yarn about artificial intelligence. Great film, thought provoking and Alicia Vikander is disturbingly attractive as the robot.

Ex Machina

Sci fi yarn about artificial intelligence. Great film, thought provoking and Alicia Vikander is disturbingly attractive as the robot.

I keep meaning to watch this ... and not just for the reason you've highlighted ;)

"Taxi Driver" (1976)

A shell shocked 'Nam vet (Robert DeNiro) slowly descends into gun-toting madness while working the night shift as a cab driver in Martin Scorsese's gritty, scuzzy New York classic. Still packs a disturbing punch even after all these years.