Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Watched Elysium at a mates at the weekend. Good concept with some great special effects in places but it could have been so much more.

I'm watching Friends on blu-ray through the week with a couple of beers. Great series.

American Sniper - okay movie but I'm not sure what all the fuss was about....

Jupiter Ascending - I enjoyed this sci-fi flick...

Seventh Son - okay sword and magic type movie and Jeff Bridges does his best to carry it but the story has been done a thousand times before...

Safe House - very good action movie

Battleship - 2nd viewing and I still like this flick...

• My Little Pony

Seventh Son - okay sword and magic type movie and Jeff bridges does his best to carry it but the story has been done a thousand times before...

Heh. My friend worked on this. I asked him about it, and he said, "Maybe, save your money, and don't see this in theatre."

This film was finished and sitting in limbo for quite a while.

Seventh Son - okay sword and magic type movie and Jeff bridges does his best to carry it but the story has been done a thousand times before...

Heh. My friend worked on this. I asked him about it, and he said, "Maybe, save your money, and don't see this in theatre."

The last time I paid (too much) money to sit in a crowded noisy cell phone filled theatre was for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.... I considered going to see the Hobbit trilogy but ended up waiting until it was available for my tv....what does it cost to see a movie at the theatre now anyway? I think it was $10 when I was there last....

• My Little Pony

The last time I paid (too much) money to sit in a crowded noisy cell phone filled theatre was for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.... I considered going to see the Hobbit trilogy but ended up waiting until it was available for my tv....what does it cost to see a movie at the theatre now anyway? I think it was $10 when I was there last....

Still about $10 for me, too. Unless it's in 3D, or in an Ultra AVX theatre, or Imax. All are added charges. But in Vancouver, I think tickets are around $20 for general admission.

Die Hard - Live Free

Con Air

Episodes 1 and 2 of "Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyers' Cut)" - a 5 part documentary on the history of the notorious British comedy troupe, told via interviews with the 5 surviving Python members and remembrances from famous fans (incl. Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson!), as well as lots of classic photos and clips from the Python archives. Loads of fun so far!!

• My Little Pony

Episodes 1 and 2 of "Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyers' Cut)" - a 5 part documentary on the history of the notorious British comedy troupe, told via interviews with the 5 surviving Python members and remembrances from famous fans (incl. Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson!), as well as lots of classic photos and clips from the Python archives. Loads of fun so far!!

I think I watched this series. Very insightful, and, yeah, loads of fun.

Zombieland :)

"Pitch Perfect" (2012)

My wife has suddenly fallen in love with this movie, which is getting mucho cable play lately due to the imminent release of its sequel. Basically it's a slightly raunchier version of the "Glee" concept - after an all-girl collegiate a cappella singing group suffers a humiliating defeat at the national finals in New York City, they recruit several new dysfunctional members and try to regain their former glory, battling several other rival groups on campus along the way.

I was prepared to go "Pffft, chick flick" but I have to admit it, some of the gags in this were actually pretty damn funny and besides, I could look at Anna Kendrick all day, she's a cutie.

"A Fish Called Wanda" (1988)

Two Americans and two Brits pull off a major London jewel robbery and then spend the rest of the movie trying to screw each other out of the loot, with a love struck lawyer (John Cleese, who also wrote the screenplay) caught in the middle. This wacky heist flick is frequently mentioned as one of the funniest movies ever made; I don't think I'd go quite that far but I got a few chuckles out of it, plus it captures Jamie Lee Curtis at her absolute peak of smokin' hotness. I may have been expecting too much from "Wanda" after hearing nothing but raves about it for all these years. Oh well. (shrugs)

• My Little Pony

"A Fish Called Wanda" (1988)

Two Americans and two Brits pull off a major London jewel robbery and then spend the rest of the movie trying to screw each other out of the loot, with a love struck lawyer (John Cleese, who also wrote the screenplay) caught in the middle. This wacky heist flick is frequently mentioned as one of the funniest movies ever made; I don't think I'd go quite that far but I got a few chuckles out of it, plus it captures Jamie Lee Curtis at her absolute peak of smokin' hotness. I may have been expecting too much from "Wanda" after hearing nothing but raves about it for all these years. Oh well. (shrugs)

I think I have this somewhere. I completely forgot about it, but definitely did want to watch it. Glad you reminded me.

"The Cannonball Run" (1981)

Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise top an all star cast in a silly, virtually plotless comedy about a cross country auto race with a million dollar prize. Roger Moore, Dean Martin, Farrah Fawcett, and Sammy Davis Jr. (to name just a few) join in the car-crashin' fun that appears to have been mostly made up as it went along.
I hadn't seen this movie in dog years and obviously it's aged terribly, but it was a fun trip down memory lane, and my kids thought it was a hoot.

Star Wars(or a new hope as it seems to pass off for these days...im old school so Star Wars)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(the newest version)

Just watched a Dirty Harry marathon...

Dirty Harry

Magnum Force

The Enforcer

Sudden Impact

The Dead Pool

They are rather dated but it got me wondering...why haven't they rebooted this franchise?...they have rebooted everything else....