Jo(k)e Rogan

nyoilers

14 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Prove that you didn't say that.

Also, stop messaging me apologising for being wrong about Warrants Belly 2 Belly not being a great album.

Starting to cringe now, but you're doing good. Keep going, my special soldier. 

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

actually I think you are probably one of the most normal in this lunatic asylum 🤔

You just like people that keep telling you how good your taste in music is. ;)

1 minute ago, Glen said:

it helps. Fancy a go? ;)

Okay, I'll try. Your taste is music is possibly in the top 10 on this site. Possibly. Let me think. 

There's me (obviously), Ponen and I seem to have extremely similar tastes, Mr AOR, Gottardline etc... There's actually a few good ones. But you're definitely in the top 25, or thereabouts. Top 50, hundred percent sure of that. :)

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Okay, I'll try. Your taste is music is possibly in the top 10 on this site. Possibly. Let me think. 

There's me (obviously), Ponen and I seem to have extremely similar tastes, Mr AOR, Gottardline etc... There's actually a few good ones. But you're definitely in the top 25, or thereabouts. Top 50, hundred percent sure of that. :)

from you that's like saying I'm no 1, thanks bro 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

😀 this is great.so you admit yiu said that?

Oh, you're still here? Um, yeah, sure, I said that. 

excited korean GIF

2 hours ago, Glen said:

actually I think you are probably one of the most normal in this lunatic asylum 🤔

The inmates have taken over the asylum. And I'm starting to regret praising your taste in music (only cause it is 80% similar to my own which is superior) as it seems to be encouraging you 😀 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, auslander said:

The inmates have taken over the asylum. And I'm starting to regret praising your taste in music (only cause it is 80% similar to my own which is superior) as it seems to be encouraging you 😀 

You can praise my taste in music if you want 

• 2023 Gold Donors
8 hours ago, Geoff said:

You just like people that keep telling you how good your taste in music is. ;)

Firstly, I think that anybody reading this post has above average taste and appreciation of music.

If I had a gun to my head, when it comes to musical taste here, I'd go with Stefan every time.

Glen would be right up there and you wouldn't be too far away yourself mate.

At the end of the day, everybody here has something to bring to the table.

Except "nyoilers" of course, because ... well, you know.

BTW, poking shit at "nyoilers" is another thing I love about this site.

It's a great outlet.

Thanks mate.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 3

To be fair to Geoff, he used to be the man I'd rely on for reviews on the main site. I'd always check his opinion on bands I didn't know, still do. He hasn't been posting there for a long time though, but the old reviews I still like. I blame his current synthwave obsession for destroying his review powers on the main site.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, auslander said:

To be fair to Geoff, he used to be the man I'd rely on for reviews on the main site. I'd always check his opinion on bands I didn't know, still do. He hasn't been posting there for a long time though, but the old reviews I still like. I blame his current synthwave obsession for destroying his review powers on the main site.

Thanks cob. I know I'll sound like a tosser (as per), and who knows, maybe I am, but I am 100% sure that if not for my fondness of modern rock and synthwave, if I just did my straight melodic/AOR/hard rock list every year without outside influence, people would be lined up around the block to see that gear. lol. 

I do jest, to a degree, but on the other hand I 100% completely trust my thoughts on typical HH stuff. I'm well aware that the modern stuff, and I guess to a degree the synthwave stuff, for some, has scared people away. But I like it because I like to thrill. 

But not being a dickhead; I have had quite a few people through the years mention similar thoughts to yours about my input on the main site. Kind of makes me wish I'd kept going, to be totally honest, just to keep it comprehensive. I actually said this to someone before who brought it up... but if there was a way to filter all the reviews I have done, and subsequently, show all the albums I have not "reviewed" yet, I'd love to fill in the gaps slowly over time. I'd be totally happy to continue on, but I don't think there's any way to do that, and to try and figure it out manually, what I have and have not penned my thoughts on, would be far too mammoth a task. :(

53 minutes ago, auslander said:

Me too. When I first discovered Heavy Harmonies main site back in 2008, Geoff was like my go-to man for reviews. Came to know about so many great albums and songs particularly reading his reviews. There was another guy called Tim(2), even his reviews were good. The other names I remember are The Rocker, Erik, Jez, Hair Metal Again, Swazi - would check out their reviews too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ponen said:

Me too. When I first discovered Heavy Harmonies main site back in 2008, Geoff was like my go-to man for reviews. Came to know about so many great albums and songs particularly reading his reviews. There was another guy called Tim(2), even his reviews were good. The other names I remember are The Rocker, Erik, Jez, Hair Metal Again, Swazi - would check out their reviews too. 

I regularly browse ebay and every now and then some cd pops up that "looks" hard rock. I don't know the artist so I hop onto HH and check the reviews. I look for Geoff's name and read his first. I have taken a punt on many an album cause of this. I've also let a few go to the keeper due to negative reviews. I still post there. Not as often as I used to, under the same name "auslander".

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Thanks cob. I know I'll sound like a tosser (as per), and who knows, maybe I am, but I am 100% sure that if not for my fondness of modern rock and synthwave, if I just did my straight melodic/AOR/hard rock list every year without outside influence, people would be lined up around the block to see that gear. lol. 

I do jest, to a degree, but on the other hand I 100% completely trust my thoughts on typical HH stuff. I'm well aware that the modern stuff, and I guess to a degree the synthwave stuff, for some, has scared people away. But I like it because I like to thrill. 

But not being a dickhead; I have had quite a few people through the years mention similar thoughts to yours about my input on the main site. Kind of makes me wish I'd kept going, to be totally honest, just to keep it comprehensive. I actually said this to someone before who brought it up... but if there was a way to filter all the reviews I have done, and subsequently, show all the albums I have not "reviewed" yet, I'd love to fill in the gaps slowly over time. I'd be totally happy to continue on, but I don't think there's any way to do that, and to try and figure it out manually, what I have and have not penned my thoughts on, would be far too mammoth a task. :(

You can make a list on the site of every album you have rated (out of 100 score) but not of those you have reviewed. It is a pity.

37 minutes ago, auslander said:

I regularly browse ebay and every now and then some cd pops up that "looks" hard rock. I don't know the artist so I hop onto HH and check the reviews. I look for Geoff's name and read his first. I have taken a punt on many an album cause of this. I've also let a few go to the keeper due to negative reviews. I still post there. Not as often as I used to, under the same name "auslander".

Good to know that you still post there. It's become rather very empty nowadays. I still like the main site a lot for one particular reason. If the user just wants to know whats the album like, what songs are the highlights then nothing like the main site. It's very convenient for the user to go through the reviews in one single page. But yeah, for further discussion and all that(banters 😂), this is the place. 

I gave up posting on the main site as I just assumed no one really read them. I used to post as Lennie back then. 

And I think someone mentioned synthwave? To be honest I'm not really a fan of this genre, I find it too lite and lacks solos.

LeBrock is by far the stand out band imo. 

Also Tim2 was a great contributor on this site and his musical taste was spot on. Still friends with him on FB and he regularly posts in music groups there, mainly 'melodic Rock forever'

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

I gave up posting on the main site as I just assumed no one really read them. I used to post as Lennie back then. 

And I think someone mentioned synthwave? To be honest I'm not really a fan of this genre, I find it too lite and lacks solos.

LeBrock is by far the stand out band imo. 

Also Tim2 was a great contributor on this site and his musical taste was spot on. Still friends with him on FB and he regularly posts in music groups there, mainly 'melodic Rock forever'

Just as i thought that some of you might have been posting under some other names. Exactly why I don't remember seeing your name then. 

Yeah, I remember Glen as Lennie. That was also your forum name for ages too, wasn't it? Or am I being silly? Is everyone's forum name the same as the main site for a single login? Been so long I can't even remember. :(

Totally agree on Tim (2). He was actually one of my points of reference when deciding if I should take the plunge on an album I didn't know. But yeah, a very worthwhile contributor, was he. 

40 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I remember Glen as Lennie. That was also your forum name for ages too, wasn't it? Or am I being silly? Is everyone's forum name the same as the main site for a single login? Been so long I can't even remember. :(

Totally agree on Tim (2). He was actually one of my points of reference when deciding if I should take the plunge on an album I didn't know. But yeah, a very worthwhile contributor, was he. 

I've forgotten my login ID for the main site. It's a series of letters :(

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 2/3/2022 at 2:34 AM, Darkstone said:

Firstly, I think that anybody reading this post has above average taste and appreciation of music.

If I had a gun to my head, when it comes to musical taste here, I'd go with Stefan every time.

Glen would be right up there and you wouldn't be too far away yourself mate.

At the end of the day, everybody here has something to bring to the table.

Except "nyoilers" of course, because ... well, you know.

BTW, poking shit at "nyoilers" is another thing I love about this site.

It's a great outlet.

Thanks mate.

I'll accept the compliment that I have above average taste in music !

If you want I can post a pic of all my Frank Zappa CD's and probably move up to the top of the list.

On a side note,today is the first time that I ever had a snow day and gotten paid !

Edited by nyoilers
  • Like 2