Jo(k)e Rogan

nyoilers

9 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Earlier today one of the major headlines on CNN was about 6,000 special forces troops being readied for deployment to the region, but now I can't find it. I wonder if they retracted it. 

That deployment is to Poland or Romania I believe and it is to calm the fears of several former Soviet states that are concerned that the Russians might attack more than just the Ukraine.....all American troops in the area will be in NATO countries unless they change their mind and I would be shocked if that happened as Biden does not want direct conflict with Russia.....and neither does anyone else....

1 minute ago, Dead Planet said:

Biden does not want direct conflict with Russia.....and neither does anyone else....

You sure about that? I think this administration would love a conflict to distract people from the problems here at home, especially leading into midterm elections in November. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

You sure about that? I think this administration would love a conflict to distract people from the problems here at home, especially leading into midterm elections in November. 

It's one thing to have a small conflict in Afghanistan or in some other shitty little country but it is a much different thing to have a conflict with a nuclear power that could lead to a significant confrontation....the US will not confront Putin unless he attacks a NATO country and then they will have no choice....

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 2/12/2022 at 7:10 PM, Geoff said:

But you're happy to get your opinion peices from brain-dead idiots gossiping about what Joe Rogan said one time somewhere? Sounds like you're on top of things. ;)

Wouldn't call it gossip because it's actually factual what Rogan said about covid.You can actually hear his own voice.

26 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Wouldn't call it gossip because it's actually factual what Rogan said about covid.You can actually hear his own voice.

But why do you care what he said?

45 minutes ago, Geoff said:

But why do you care what he said?

that is the best question so far in this thread. Why does anyone care what Joe Rogan says about anything? 

22 minutes ago, Glen said:

that is the best question so far in this thread. Why does anyone care what Joe Rogan says about anything? 

In all fairness, this world is full of idiots that care what movie stars and athletes think about world events and governmental policy. Why, I have no idea.

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

At the end of the day, Joe Rogan made a public comment. He was questioned about the accuracy of that comment publicly. He then proceeded to fact check his comment and concede that he was wrong, again, all publicly. 

If he had doubled down after checking, then fair enough, but I honestly don't understand the controversy.

Let me phrase the above paragraph differently.

You made a comment. You were questioned about the accuracy of that comment. You then proceed to fact check your comment and concede that you were wrong.

We've all been there. That's life.

Edited by Darkstone

23 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

At the end of the day, Joe Rogan made a public comment. He was questioned about the accuracy of that comment publicly. He then proceeded to fact check his comment and concede that he was wrong, again, all publicly. 

If he had doubled down after checking, then fair enough, but I honestly don't understand the controversy.

Let me phrase the above paragraph differently.

You made a comment. You were questioned about the accuracy of that comment. You then proceed to fact check your comment and concede that you were wrong.

We've all been there. That's life.

Yep, couldn't be simpler to understand but it just shows the level of idiocy that is so prevelant in people today. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
18 hours ago, Glen said:

18 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

In all fairness, this world is full of idiots that care what movie stars and athletes think about world events and governmental policy. Why, I have no idea.

4 hours ago, Glen said:

but more to the point, who cares if he made an incorrect comment ;)

What has the world come to if anyone cares what Joe Rogan says. 🤔 

To Glen and Geoff-read heavy harmonies answer.In this case whether you're pro-vax or anti-vax people will go online and try to find someone that validates their opinion.Joe Rogan's largest audience is young men and when he gives false info about how the covid vaccine affects young men then he should be called out on it.Since covid 19 is a pandemic everyone in the world is affected by it so let's have factual evidence about it.

3 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

To Glen and Geoff-read heavy harmonies answer.In this case whether you're pro-vax or anti-vax people will go online and try to find someone that validates their opinion.Joe Rogan's largest audience is young men and when he gives false info about how the covid vaccine affects young men then he should be called out on it.Since covid 19 is a pandemic everyone in the world is affected by it so let's have factual evidence about it.

if people are stupid enough to believe Joe Rogan , they can't be helped 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

The problem is that only certain "facts" are permitted. If it's not aligned with the prevailing mainstream narrative, it is wrongthink and must be censored or banned. Debate or contrarian viewpoints are not permitted. That is a huge problem. No one should support that approach in a free society... Assuming society is even still free. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

The problem is that only certain "facts" are permitted. If it's not aligned with the prevailing mainstream narrative, it is wrongthink and must be censored or banned. Debate or contrarian viewpoints are not permitted. That is a huge problem. No one should support that approach in a free society... Assuming society is even still free. 

listen to Joe Rogan, listen to news, watch you tube, do what you want. But at the end of the day you weigh up these sources based on common sense. It's simple really. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen said:

listen to Joe Rogan, listen to news, watch you tube, do what you want. But at the end of the day you weigh up these sources based on common sense. It's simple really. 

100%. 

4 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I just don't get why you're so hung up on it, though. It was one comment by one guy on a podcast. Is it really that major an event? Like Darkstone said, he checked the facts and corrected himself soon after. Why such the big deal? 

You seem to think this narrative that covid-19 is the worst thing that the world will ever see and it'll kill every person on earth if we're not careful is the only way to view this thing. Someone tries to point out that it's not the end of the human race and you can't deal with it. Infuriating to witness. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

100%. 

I just don't get why you're so hung up on it, though. It was one comment by one guy on a podcast. Is it really that major an event? Like Darkstone said, he checked the facts and corrected himself soon after. Why such the big deal? 

You seem to think this narrative that covid-19 is the worst thing that the world will ever see and it'll kill every person on earth if we're not careful is the only way to view this thing. Someone tries to point out that it's not the end of the human race and you can't deal with it. Infuriating to witness. 

I'm pro vax and believe it's the best way to eradicate the virus.But I'm not going to say that getting vaccinated is a 100% guarantee that you won't get covid and on the same hand I don't want to hear BS from anti-vaxxers.

Here's the basic deal in the USA: 65% of the adult population are vaccinated,20% will never get vaccinated and 15% are either on the fence,have health issues that prevent them from getting vaccinated,have been infected with covid and have antibodies ,etc...So about 2 years into this pandemic that's where we stand.The needle isn't moving on these numbers so it appears that we're moving to the next stage where basically everyone has to evaluate their own level of concern and get on with their lives.

7 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I'm pro vax and believe it's the best way to eradicate the virus.But I'm not going to say that getting vaccinated is a 100% guarantee that you won't get covid and on the same hand I don't want to hear BS from anti-vaxxers.

Here's the basic deal in the USA: 65% of the adult population are vaccinated,20% will never get vaccinated and 15% are either on the fence,have health issues that prevent them from getting vaccinated,have been infected with covid and have antibodies ,etc...So about 2 years into this pandemic that's where we stand.The needle isn't moving on these numbers so it appears that we're moving to the next stage where basically everyone has to evaluate their own level of concern and get on with their lives.

Yeah ask Jimmy Dore about the vax, the problem from what I witness is who the fucks telling the truth? anyone remember just get the vax and everything will go back to normal, I think your as big of an idiot listening to the CDC then anybody, Ive always said they will say 3 different things in 3 different press meetings on the same day, professionals do not act this way, and are not tied this close to the government, professionals like the ones Fauci and the msm have spent 2 years trying to ban. the Vax isn't a cure, so until there's a cure, then no vax is going to stop anything, like I said about Joe Rogan, anyone listening to him for medical advice is part of Darwins theory, im starting to feel the same way about the CDC, anyone noticed all the major news outlets, MSN, CNN, HN, all sponsored by Phizer? are you fucking kidding me? at what point do you pull your head out of your ass and just say how obvious can it be?

32 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Yeah ask Jimmy Dore about the vax, the problem from what I witness is who the fucks telling the truth? anyone remember just get the vax and everything will go back to normal, I think your as big of an idiot listening to the CDC then anybody, Ive always said they will say 3 different things in 3 different press meetings on the same day, professionals do not act this way, and are not tied this close to the government, professionals like the ones Fauci and the msm have spent 2 years trying to ban. the Vax isn't a cure, so until there's a cure, then no vax is going to stop anything, like I said about Joe Rogan, anyone listening to him for medical advice is part of Darwins theory, im starting to feel the same way about the CDC, anyone noticed all the major news outlets, MSN, CNN, HN, all sponsored by Phizer? are you fucking kidding me? at what point do you pull your head out of your ass and just say how obvious can it be?

Yeah mate, this is what I said a page back or so. The hypocrisy of all this garbage is blinding. We've been fed nothing but misinformation, fear and panic from every "trusted source" for two years and counting, and no cunt has ever been held accountable for any of it, yet, hopefully. 

A podcaster says something, corrects his mistake and he's the worst person on the planet. People are just absolute cunts, to be blunt. 

• Haha 1

wo wo wo, now you 2 veer off on your usual conspiracy theory route.

No ones saying don't get vaccinated. Just don't believe or even bother listening to people like Joe Rogan. 

Australia's never been at the point of 2000 + deaths a day and it ain't a happy place to be at. No doubt in my mind at all that the initial hard lockdowns pulled the UK back from the brink. And then the vaccination roll out enabled us to open back up safely.

That's how it played out , plain and simple

And I won't engage in a long protracted exchange now arguing a toss over it either. Those are the facts, you either accept that or not. 

I firmly believe it's time to move on and stop arguing about this bloody pandemic and vaccinations - hopefully we can all agree on that??? 

Thank God for the year music threads - I actually log on and see some music threads now rather than COVID and US politics 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60390187

So I read this article this morning and it's probably the most positive thing I've read so far to assure me that we are over the worst in the UK. 

Even for the vulnerable and immuno-suppressed there are now effective treatments which are being ordered en mass. 

Cody was asking about a 'cure' , well now there appears to a few different drugs which could be classed as such 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Glen said:

wo wo wo, now you 2 veer off on your usual conspiracy theory route.

No ones saying don't get vaccinated. Just don't believe or even bother listening to people like Joe Rogan. 

Australia's never been at the point of 2000 + deaths a day and it ain't a happy place to be at. No doubt in my mind at all that the initial hard lockdowns pulled the UK back from the brink. And then the vaccination roll out enabled us to open back up safely.

That's how it played out , plain and simple

And I won't engage in a long protracted exchange now arguing a toss over it either. Those are the facts, you either accept that or not. 

I firmly believe it's time to move on and stop arguing about this bloody pandemic and vaccinations - hopefully we can all agree on that??? 

Thank God for the year music threads - I actually log on and see some music threads now rather than COVID and US politics 

Nah mate, last thing I want to do is engage in all this again. 

But just look how you open up your post. The first sign of someone remotely questioning what you've been instructed to believe, and they're instantly a conspiracy theorist. I would love to know what, in my post, made you say I am talking about conspiracy theories? I honestly don't understand. 

There seems to be this insane need for people to believe they have lived through, and are living through the worst thing that has ever happened to humankind. I guess just to make it proportionate to the world response? The moment someone looks at raw data about covid related deaths vs survival rates vs deaths from things other than covid and suggests that maybe things weren't and aren't as bad as they seem, end of story. Conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxer nazi. No one wants to hear that covid is anything but this monstrous disease that is determined to wipe out the human race if we don't all obey our governments.

I can't speak for countries I don't live in, but anyone living in Australia thinking that what happened here was justified is an idiot, to be frank. Regardless of how much you want to buy into the hysteria there has been, and still is... no one, ever, could justify the last two years. We lived through what we did as one or two cases shut down entire states. Now there's 50+ deaths per day (not cases - deaths!) and the world hasn't folded into itself? Is that not strikingly strange to anyone?  

Like I said, I'm not going to get into it again. There's two years worth of my thoughts on the whole thing well documented in the 'Corona' thread for anyone to re-read if they missed it the first time. 

I can only speak for Australia, but we live in a country now where people wear masks outside when they no longer need to, by law. They wear masks in their cars, alone. People stand outside fumbling with their idiot phones trying to QR code into places, when no one checks that crap anymore. Yes, people are fundamentally just absolute fucking idiots, no one can dispute that. But there must be some blame placed on those who contributed to these countless brains being absolute mush now. 

• Like 1

Also in UK, you won't have to isolate if you have COVID from 28.02.

That's pretty much the last restriction dropped and I think other countries in Europe are starting to follow suit 

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Nah mate, last thing I want to do is engage in all this again. 

But just look how you open up your post. The first sign of someone remotely questioning what you've been instructed to believe, and they're instantly a conspiracy theorist. I would love to know what, in my post, made you say I am talking about conspiracy theories? I honestly don't understand. 

There seems to be this insane need for people to believe they have lived through, and are living through the worst thing that has ever happened to humankind. I guess just to make it proportionate to the world response? The moment someone looks at raw data about covid related deaths vs survival rates vs deaths from things other than covid and suggests that maybe things weren't and aren't as bad as they seem, end of story. Conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxer nazi. No one wants to hear that covid is anything but this monstrous disease that is determined to wipe out the human race if we don't all obey our governments.

I can't speak for countries I don't live in, but anyone living in Australia thinking that what happened here was justified is an idiot, to be frank. Regardless of how much you want to buy into the hysteria there has been, and still is... no one, ever, could justify the last two years. We lived through what we did as one or two cases shut down entire states. Now there's 50+ deaths per day (not cases - deaths!) and the world hasn't folded into itself? Is that not strikingly strange to anyone?  

Like I said, I'm not going to get into it again. There's two years worth of my thoughts on the whole thing well documented in the 'Corona' thread for anyone to re-read if they missed it the first time. 

I can only speak for Australia, but we live in a country now where people wear masks outside when they no longer need to, by law. They wear masks in their cars, alone. People stand outside fumbling with their idiot phones trying to QR code into places, when no one checks that crap anymore. Yes, people are fundamentally just absolute fucking idiots, no one can dispute that. But there must be some blame placed on those who contributed to these countless brains being absolute mush now. 

Read my link mate. it's over pretty much

Anyway, I'm off, I need to go to work 

6 minutes ago, Glen said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60390187

So I read this article this morning and it's probably the most positive thing I've read so far to assure me that we are over the worst in the UK. 

Even for the vulnerable and immuno-suppressed there are now effective treatments which are being ordered en mass. 

Cody was asking about a 'cure' , well now there appears to a few different drugs which could be classed as such 

If I'm not mistaken, there have been treatments available for a long time, and if I'm not mistaken there are also court cases ongoing as to why they have been withheld from use? 

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Read my link mate. it's over pretty much

Anyway, I'm off, I need to go to work 

Haha, you keep thinking that what's happening over there just automatically happens in Australia. I invite you just to do a google search on Western Australia and then read the latest news stories about what's happening in Western Australia. Then let me know how "over" you think covid is in Australia. ;)