Jo(k)e Rogan

nyoilers

55 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Rogan is apologizing again ! How nice !

Yep, hope your taking notes how a professional handles business!

7 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

if he was that professional he wouldn't have done it in the first place 🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

This is very true.
He is playing the game, and playing them at their own game.
Not sure if anyone watched Below Deck here, but big controversy about a white chief stew sating the N word.
As soon as it happened she was fucked.
Even thought she was wasted and repeating a song lyric that contained the word.
Wasn't directed at anyone, and wasn't meant in a negative way.
Same sort of deal with Rogan from what I've seen.
He has used the word in conversationa ABOUT the word.

It's pretty simple, if the word is that bad, then nobody uses it ever,
Not between black friends, not in song lyrics, so it's not allowed to stay in mainstream laguage.
Just take it out of the language, and every time it's spoken, it is equally as bad...

2 hours ago, Glen said:

if he was that professional he wouldn't have done it in the first place 🤣🤣🤣

And it's ok for anyone to publicly call you out for things you said 12 years ago?
I get it, he's in the public eye.
And when he said it, nobody shouted him down.
Now that everyone is all woke, it's ok to back in time and drag up things said out of context and besmirch their character?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

And it's ok for anyone to publicly call you out for things you said 12 years ago?
Now that everyone is all woke, it's ok to back in time and drag up things said out of context and besmirch their character?

I can slightly see or understand why the woke people acting upon things happening now or in the future. That don't mean I accept it, I really think it's digusting.

But going back in time trying to cancel/change things is absolutely a BIG FUCKING NO for me.

Revolting :puke:

32 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

look I've not read the reports at all & I have no interest in Rogan but IF he said racist comments then there is no excuse.

and 12 years ago was 2010. Hardly a long while ago, it's not like reports from the 70s / 80s. 

1 minute ago, Glen said:

from Hobo to Drifter.look I've not read the reports at all & I have no interest in Rogan but IF he said racist comments then there is no excuse.

and 12 years ago was 2010. Hardly a long while ago, it's not like reports from the 70s / 80s. 

Read the story then.
He used the N word in coversations with people like Quinten Tarrantino and them amount of times he used the word in his movies.
It was used as a part of a discussion.
His mistake was saying the actual word, rather than calling it the 'N-word" which realistically is pretty silly.
he naver made racial slurs, or called anyone that name.
and now new people are asking Spotify to remove their music, because Rogan 'is racist'

It's a big problem.
But societies standards today, what Rogan did by actually saying the word is a big no-no and undefendable.
But in 2010 or whenever, nobody complained, just starting to now that someone made a clip of him using it.
History remains to learn from, you can't cancel it.
Dr Seuss, Disney, Simpsons, etc. Art, music, whatever. Guns N Roses songs...

Nothing too new here anyway, Whitesnake changed Here I Go Again in 1987 from 'hobo' to 'drifter'

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Read the story then.
He used the N word in coversations with people like Quinten Tarrantino and them amount of times he used the word in his movies.
It was used as a part of a discussion.
His mistake was saying the actual word, rather than calling it the 'N-word" which realistically is pretty silly.
he naver made racial slurs, or called anyone that name.
and now new people are asking Spotify to remove their music, because Rogan 'is racist'

It's a big problem.
But societies standards today, what Rogan did by actually saying the word is a big no-no and undefendable.
But in 2010 or whenever, nobody complained, just starting to now that someone made a clip of him using it.
History remains to learn from, you can't cancel it.
Dr Seuss, Disney, Simpsons, etc. Art, music, whatever. Guns N Roses songs...

Nothing too new here anyway, Whitesnake changed Here I Go Again in 1987 from 'hobo' to 'drifter'

Well if it taken out of context then fair enough. Why is he apologising for it then. Why not just say fuck off that was taken out of context? 

50 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

This is very true.
He is playing the game, and playing them at their own game.
Not sure if anyone watched Below Deck here, but big controversy about a white chief stew sating the N word.
As soon as it happened she was fucked.
Even thought she was wasted and repeating a song lyric that contained the word.
Wasn't directed at anyone, and wasn't meant in a negative way.
Same sort of deal with Rogan from what I've seen.
He has used the word in conversationa ABOUT the word.

It's pretty simple, if the word is that bad, then nobody uses it ever,
Not between black friends, not in song lyrics, so it's not allowed to stay in mainstream laguage.
Just take it out of the language, and every time it's spoken, it is equally as bad...

Thats not how shit works here in the good ole US, there seems to be a free ticket to diminish the value of the White man, a whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine mentality, do as i say not as I do, yeah it went from trying to correct shit and make it so everyone has equal rights, all the way to now you can not only do whatever you want with no repercussions, but you can try to treat the white man as a 4th class bottom feeder, they can call each other the ger word because that's theirs, like a number of things, but if anyone wants something of theirs, they fire all the alarms off, Yeah we just have a little club who perform Irish white ancient victory dances, BAM! they show up and are like that's not fair you gotta have a minority in your white Irish dance club, the fact of the matter is anyone can say anything they want, speaking of pronouns, it really is like a thing they have, holding the word over everyone's heads, like a little inside joke, I don't even care about the word but there's a lot of people out there don't like being told what to do and say, I really don't use the word in my modern vocabulary, cept when im wit da homiez, but it's almost become comedic how they've steered that whole ninja narrative.

17 minutes ago, Glen said:

Well if it taken out of context then fair enough. Why is he apologising for it then. Why not just say fuck off that was taken out of context? 

Because you just can't do that these days.
He would be cancelled if he did that.
He has to play by the new woke rules.
I'm pretty sure he thinks this is all bullshit and fucked up, but he knows he has to come out and say shit like
"nobody should use that word in any circumstances, I understand the hurt I have caused to black people and I understand how wrong I was to say it. No reason makes it acceptable and I have learnt from my mistake"
He should probably even say things like "a teachable moment"

I'm ok with how he used it, and even if he used it in a worse way, say calling someone it, I allow people to apologise and move on.
People make mistakes and these days, particularly with things like this word, it seems there is no redemption if you fuck up.
It's just a part of an ev er increasing Orwellian society...

2 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Thats not how shit works here in the good ole US, there seems to be a free ticket to diminish the value of the White man, a whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine mentality, do as i say not as I do, yeah it went from trying to correct shit and make it so everyone has equal rights, all the way to now you can not only do whatever you want with no repercussions, but you can try to treat the white man as a 4th class bottom feeder, they can call each other the ger word because that's theirs, like a number of things, but if anyone wants something of theirs, they fire all the alarms off, Yeah we just have a little club who perform Irish white ancient victory dances, BAM! they show up and are like that's not fair you gotta have a minority in your white Irish dance club, the fact of the matter is anyone can say anything they want, speaking of pronouns, it really is like a thing they have, holding the word over everyone's heads, like a little inside joke, I don't even care about the word but there's a lot of people out there don't like being told what to do and say, I really don't use the word in my modern vocabulary, cept when im wit da homiez, but it's almost become comedic how they've steered that whole ninja narrative.

They would describe your statement as white privelige, which seems to cover a plethora of things these days.
Call me a cracker, whitey, skippy (Australia term for white) or whatever, I really don't care.

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

Cause you cant do that, South Park did an entire episode completely debasing and making that whole issue look like the exact joke that it is, once you say it you go to a small select club, and you never fucking get to live another day without being reminded of it, shamed, and ostracized.

• Like 1

so I just watched this and imo this is perfectly acceptable. He explains the position very well and has moved on. 

Tbh I would have no issue with someone referring to the word in this context but I would imagine he would now reference it or say the n word which would be better.

I also 100% agree with him around the craziness of it being thrown around by black people like it's a term of endearment. Hypocrisy of the highest order. 

Nothing more to see here, time to move on. 

Oh also can people stop using the fucking wanky term woke. Whoever thought that word up is a c*nt. pure and simple. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Glen said:

so I just watched this and imo this is perfectly acceptable. He explains the position very well and has moved on. 

Tbh I would have no issue with someone referring to the word in this context but I would imagine he would now reference it or say the n word which would be better.

I also 100% agree with him around the craziness of it being thrown around by black people like it's a term of endearment. Hypocrisy of the highest order. 

Nothing more to see here, time to move on. 

Oh also can people stop using the fucking wanky term woke. Whoever thought that word up is a c*nt. pure and simple. 

yay!

Agreed, storm in a teacup, but sad that it becomes such a weapon for some.

Happy to replace the word woke
Give me an alternative to describe all these PC bullshit opinions

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Cause you cant do that, South Park did an entire episode completely debasing and making that whole issue look like the exact joke that it is, once you say it you go to a small select club, and you never fucking get to live another day without being reminded of it, shamed, and ostracized.

tell them to fuck off too 🤣 

Are you going weak on me Cody 🤔🤣🤣🤣😉👍

• Haha 1

Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld) is an interesting case.
He used the word, in a much more offensive way and was slammed. He lied low and then later on appeared on Curb Your Enthusiasm and made fun  of the whole situation.
Got away with all that, what 7 or so years ago?
Today he might LITTERALLY be nailed to a cross.

2 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

yay!

Agreed, storm in a teacup, but sad that it becomes such a weapon for some.

Happy to replace the word woke
Give me an alternative to describe all these PC bullshit opinions

how about PC bullshit opinion 😉

The reason many people have had it with political correctness, woke shit etc, is that some of people who want to change attitudes around racism have gone completely overboard, beyond common sense to the point of outright stupidity....when that happens people push back.....

A lot of people are coming back from being cancelled like James Gunn because the majority of people understand that we all make mistakes and deserve second chances....those pushing woke shit are doing more damage to their cause than they are helping it....

• Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

The reason many people have had it with political correctness, woke shit etc, is that some of people who want to change attitudes around racism have gone completely overboard, beyond common sense to the point of outright stupidity....when that happens people push back.....

A lot of people are coming back from being cancelled like James Gunn because the majority of people understand that we all make mistakes and deserve second chances....those pushing woke shit are doing more damage to their cause than they are helping it....

What brought this all around was the initial post.Rogan spouted some BS about the vaccine.Neil Young had polio before the polio vaccine was available so to him someone making up stuff about any vaccine is personal.And then things just kinda steamrolled from there.

7 hours ago, nyoilers said:

What brought this all around was the initial post.Rogan spouted some BS about the vaccine.Neil Young had polio before the polio vaccine was available so to him someone making up stuff about any vaccine is personal.And then things just kinda steamrolled from there.

Yeah, and that was an overreaction.
Obviously what he said was a bit out there (I haven't seen the original clip) and people got their backs up.
But it's just an opinion, right or wrong.
People are allowed opinions, even if they are in the public eye, and don't deserve a huge backlash because of it.

You should go watch the entire episode because they lampoon the entire Michael Richards incident, for starters this clip is the opening scene of this episode, it gives you a feel for what your in store for during the rest of the episode. and it all boils down to how fucking comically ridiculous the entire population has evolved into as far as the Neggar word goes, how white people act like droids immediately following someones claim of the word being used, going into a social justice manic frenzy, often seemingly far more offended at the use of that word then almost any black Ive ever talked about it with, like it's far beyond cringe, but this episodes one of the more upper tier episodes of south park.

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, and that was an overreaction.
Obviously what he said was a bit out there (I haven't seen the original clip) and people got their backs up.
But it's just an opinion, right or wrong.
People are allowed opinions, even if they are in the public eye, and don't deserve a huge backlash because of it.

The main thing is that Rogan claimed( which I would say is more than giving an opinion ) that young men have a greater chance of getting myocarditis( basically inflammation of the heart ) from the Covid vaccine than from Covid itself.He was interviewing someone who disagreed with that statement and it was researched by Rogan's team and it was found out that Rogan was wrong.Young men are 8 times more likely to get myocarditis from Covid-19 than from the vaccine.

19 hours ago, nyoilers said:

The main thing is that Rogan claimed( which I would say is more than giving an opinion ) that young men have a greater chance of getting myocarditis( basically inflammation of the heart ) from the Covid vaccine than from Covid itself.He was interviewing someone who disagreed with that statement and it was researched by Rogan's team and it was found out that Rogan was wrong.Young men are 8 times more likely to get myocarditis from Covid-19 than from the vaccine.

Yeah, you're not allowed to fuck up these days.
Cancelled.
lol, so stoopid.