Jo(k)e Rogan

nyoilers

Here's another story for those who can't understand what they're reading.

"Neil Young's music is being removed from Spotify after the rock star called for the streaming platform to choose between him and podcaster Joe Rogan."

"They can have Rogan or Young. Not both."

So Spotify picked Rogan. Rightly so. That means Neil cancelled himself.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60149951

And here:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/2022/01/26/spotify-removes-neil-young-music-vaccine-misinformation-joe-rogan/9232270002/

Edited by Stefan

and here's one which says basically the complete opposite so you choose ;

https://news.sky.com/story/spotify-regrets-neil-youngs-decision-to-remove-tracks-over-covid-misinformation-on-joe-rogans-podcast-12526253

the facts are that he said to them he wouldn't leave his music on a streaming platform that hosted Joe Rogan. Spotify were never going to drop Rogan as they bought the rights for some stupid sum, cos they'd rather pay idiots like him rather than real artists, so he then wrote to the record company asking them to support his decision as they had the controlling rights 

At no point did Spotify say we're cancelling Neil Young. They would much rather he stayed on the platform. 

but overall I agree he's a nobody so who cares. 

• My Little Pony

I'm confused over the confusion. 

It's pretty clear nobody was "cancelled." Neil Young requested his music be removed, and Spotify acquiesced. He wasn't asking Spotify to choose between him and Joe Rogan. That wasn't an ultimatum, but an addendum.

9 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I'm confused over the confusion. 

It's pretty clear nobody was "cancelled." Neil Young requested his music be removed, and Spotify acquiesced. He wasn't asking Spotify to choose between him and Joe Rogan. That wasn't an ultimatum, but an addendum.

correct. 

I had no idea about him either but he's sold 75-100 million records and worth $200 million. 😳

probably couldn't give 2 shits about Spotify.

it's a moral decision more than anything else.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

Sigh...politics, religion, music ....they should all be separate anyway but Young is a millionaire so he can afford to play politics.....personally the only release he put out that I liked was Harvest back in 72....

Politics and religion should remain separate, yes. But politics/religion and music have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time. I don't believe those should be left out of music. Music is all about freedom. 

I find it slightly ironic that Neil Young used to be all anti establishment and 'rocking in the free world' and now he's taking this moral high ground.

It's his decision but he means basically nothing to anyone under 50 so his moral stance is pretty worthless really. 

And tbh I'd not even heard of this other guy before reading this thread 🤣🤣🤣 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Glen said:

I find it slightly ironic that Neil Young used to be all anti establishment and 'rocking in the free world' and now he's taking this moral high ground.

It's his decision but he means basically nothing to anyone under 50 so his moral stance is pretty worthless really. 

And tbh I'd not even heard of this other guy before reading this thread 🤣🤣🤣 

I find that Rogan, Young and all the others who use their personal platform and fame to spew their personal opinions like they came directly from the mouth of God to be irritating assholes....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I find that Rogan, Young and all the others who use their personal platform and fame to spew their personal opinions like they came directly from the mouth of God to be irritating assholes....

To be fair, I also find them irritation assholes when they are not in line with my beliefs.
When they are in line with my beliefs, I find them endearing, insightful and intelligent :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

To be fair, I also find them irritation assholes when they are not in line with my beliefs.
When they are in line with my beliefs, I find them endearing, insightful and intelligent :)

Honest :D

8 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

But Rogan doesn't use it to spew his own personal opinions, the fact is he doesn't really ever do that, at all, you couldn't go find me one example of him doing that, he simply gets as fucking ripped as he can get, gets his guest as ripped as they can get, if they are interested in doing so, so 2 stoners being stoned, then have an insightful discussion for 3 hours on pretty much any and every topic they can, many times I feel the 3 hrs comes out a little much,

Heres the problem, Rogan interviews pundits, scientists, doctors, authors, liberals, conservatives, comedians, actors, foreign leaders of all sides of the political spectrum, astronauts, athletes, athletes parents, musicians, architects, all sorts of historical scholars, he's never voted for a republican in his entire life, on any ballet, for any election, not even for mid term,

There's a reason he averages 11 million downloads a day, more then the entire viewing audience of all of CNN, there is no more of a centrist you'll ever find, which is why it is so apparent when anyone calls him out as anything other, they expose the fact they have zero clue what the fuck their talking about, and how foolish and retarded they sound, it's almost as absurd as hearing them drone and recite like fucking androids the same tired burned out lemming corporate lines about Covid, that anyone with a fucking brain can logically say that nothing being said even remotely makes any sense in any way, at all, yet they continue to spout it regardless if absolutely nobody believes them, and nobody is listening to anything they say, that's the same exact level of retarded it sounds trying to paint Joe Rogan out as anything, because everyone knows what he is, he is so unique he cant be lumped into any side or group, political or anything else, so when people say right winger Joe Rogan it's so obvious they are fucking idiots and ultimately they are the only ones who are even listening, their talking to themselves at this point, but they refuse to stop trying to push that shit on everyone on earth, regardless if we want to even engage anymore or not. No what im saying an shit,

y'all bezt recognize 4 i nut up on dat azz, shiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!

Not condoning self harm, but if this Neil Young fuckwit is that precious, shouldn't he also remove himself from the same planet that Rogan occupies? Absolutely cannot stand cunts like that, and I have no idea who Neil Young is, but how pathetic can a human be? Surely a man of his vintage has more in his skull than what he's showing by this "stance." What a fucking maggot. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Not condoning self harm, but if this Neil Young fuckwit is that precious, shouldn't he also remove himself from the same planet that Rogan occupies? Absolutely cannot stand cunts like that, and I have no idea who Neil Young is, but how pathetic can a human be? Surely a man of his vintage has more in his skull than what he's showing by this "stance." What a fucking maggot. 

Put it this way, he's a decent guitarist, but a certain country should bare some responsibility for pushing this idiot onto the planet, stand up and take your talking to, you know who you are, cough cough Nolan, Mr, Planet, so G-Off if I told you I could tell you the worst 2 singers in human history, that's out of any singer who ever even sang a tampon commercial in Swahili in 1973, of all the history of human kind, if I told you I could give you 2 names, they both are still somehow alive, and if they ever decide to do a duet, I'm fucking in on that one, cause it would be literally and figuratively the worst song ever recorded, history, you would probably jack me off for a find that sweet right? so what do ya say G-Off, mate, good old boomerang buddy, would ye like to give the old Johnson a shove off and ill provide you with this info, Bob Dylan and Neil Young are the epitome of the absolute bottom of the out house in vocal deliveries, quality, talent, and charisma, I would rather listen to Fran Dresher sing Jewish holiday tunes with Chanel West Coast providing bgv's, backwards, with hot steel rods stomped through my eardrums, while bobcat golthwaite puts his face inches from said ear wounds, and start screaming gibberish at the top of his lungs, then even be teased with what a song between Neil and Bobbi would sound like, dogs would randomly begin howling, within 100 miles of where said song was being played, I would rather have faggots ear fuck me and blow jizz through my ear drums then be subjected to the up to that point unknown adverse reactions, Neil Young is simply the worst vocalist in human history, prove me wrong, it's not subjective, and how anyone enjoys his voice is a tribute to just how fucking brain dead people are. 

• Haha 1

Any artist can remove their music from any service including Spotify by simply telling them to remove it (usually via a label or distributor).  Neil Young has every right to do that, but what I don't understand is why he chose to advertise the decision with a public ultimatum?  

Kid Rock just released an anti-vax song called "Let's Go, Brandon."  To be consistent, shouldn't Neil Young remove himself from Apple Music and any other platform that includes Kid Rock?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin the Persian said:

Any artist can remove their music from any service including Spotify by simply telling them to remove it (usually via a label or distributor).  Neil Young has every right to do that, but what I don't understand is why he chose to advertise the decision with a public ultimatum?  

Actually, he doesn't necessarily have that right. Neil Young actually sold 50% of his music catalogue to a third party some time ago. So he's effectively gotten music he doesn't fully own the rights for removed from Spotify (unless he did it with the co-owner's cooperation), in which case I wonder if the current co-owner will sue him for lost royalties...

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/neil-young-music-catalog-hipgnosis-investment-1110037/

• Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
21 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

NY Oilers is talking out his rectum because if he had listened to Rogan, he would know how fucking gay and retarded he sounds calling him a right winger,

Let's clarify this one post at a time,I never called Jo(k)e Rogan a right winger-I called him an asshole !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Actually, he doesn't necessarily have that right. Neil Young actually sold 50% of his music catalogue to a third party some time ago. So he's effectively gotten music he doesn't fully own the rights for removed from Spotify (unless he did it with the co-owner's cooperation), in which case I wonder if the current co-owner will sue him for lost royalties...

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/neil-young-music-catalog-hipgnosis-investment-1110037/

he asked them and they agreed. Probably compensated them with the massive interest he earns on his $200 million fortune 🙄😒

I think I great point brought up was why did he have to do this publicly? I think what I love about Rogan is you'll never hear him respond to any criticism he gets, ever, cause he don't give a fuck.

4 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I think I great point brought up was why did he have to do this publicly? I think what I love about Rogan is you'll never hear him respond to any criticism he gets, ever, cause he don't give a fuck.

who the hell is he? I still have no clue lol. never heard of him before reading this thread and news story. 😳