Corona

simo

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

That's my main issue with the masks - people wear them for show, not for protection. I've never used this term and I promise to never, ever use it again, but I think this is what the term was actually designed for. All this mask wearing is purely, 100% complete virtue signalling. Yuck. I feel grotesque, but that is all it is and that's why it irritates me so much. It just makes me detest the whole mask wearing concept that bit more, as if that was humanly possible. 

It's funny, for those 45 hours of the week I mentioned before, I get 45 hours of looks of disdain as people look at me without my mask with utter contempt. I just hope that they see the contempt for them reflected in my eyes too. It's a beautiful, harmonious society we live in these days. So undivided. 

Anyway, if I can say one thing in slight defence of Australia - and I don't want to. I really hate what this place is at the moment. So this is not in defence of the place, but I will say one thing for you to consider. Remember it is winter here right now. I am assuming that's maybe, hopefully a big reason for the absolute idiocy all around me. I wouldn't bet 20c on it, but I'm hoping in summer, some of the idiocy finally peels back a little. And by the same token, I wonder if you see some of the idiocy return to the UK as winter comes back around, just to make that smirk on your face waver a bit. ;)

ha ha, I have no doubt 

• Like 1

lol

wah wah.
It never stops...

Let's summarise...
Geoff is right, therefore making pretty much every government and health administration around the world either coincidentally wrong, or a part of some huge conspiracy.

Yes, there really aren't any restrictions now.
Please list them. I am interested in any restrictions that affect you.
I'll start

!. need to wear masks on public transport and in hospitals etc
2. you're going to need to continue here, I'm all out of restrictions.

Biggest inconvenience for me is other countries (Japan, China, etc) who still have serious restrictions and isolations that makes getting there impossible

I had my 4th jab the other night. This time I went Novavax, because I haven't had that one before.
I'm doing a trade show at the exhibition centre this weekend, so wanted an extra dose of protection from this purported new wave.
I also had a whooping cough vax becaus emy daughter is pregnant and even though there really isn't a valid reason for the jab (i've looked into it thoroughly) her health care nurse told her to get people visiting a new born vaxxed, so she asked and I did.
I don't like that the world is so overly cautious these days that I needed this stupid little needle, but I'm not going to kick up a stink, just jab me and I'll move on...

On 7/26/2022 at 10:43 PM, Geoff said:

It's funny, for those 45 hours of the week I mentioned before, I get 45 hours of looks of disdain as people look at me without my mask with utter contempt. I just hope that they see the contempt for them reflected in my eyes too. It's a beautiful, harmonious society we live in these days. So undivided. 

God damn it really does suck to be you.
Nobody will ever call you a little ray of sunshine on a gloomy day....

:rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...

Went to work Monday felt fine. Monday night it was hot in the upstairs bedroom and I was freezing with a blanket on. Went to work Tuesday feeling like I had drank lots of liquor the night before. One of the worst headaches I've ever experienced in my life. Worked through that all day. Got home and took home covid test and positive. Been home since yesterday and now going to doctor tomorrow to confirm the home test positive result. 

Edited by AlphaMale

7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Fuck if I didn't test positive for Corona again. Arggggggggggg

that's just careless mate? how many times now lol?? Seriously tho, hope you're not too rough 👍

11 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Fuck if I didn't test positive for Corona again. Arggggggggggg

Going to happen to everyone, mate. You don't get the flu once and that's the end of it. ;)

For the record, I think I finally had it this week, after three years of working in an allegedly "high risk" profession. I personally think it was the flu but who knows and to be completely frank, who cares and how can it possibly still be relevant to anyone anymore? Why is one treated any different to the other now? 

15 minutes ago, auslander said:

Is it just me now or is there anyone else in this forum who hasn't had the spicy cough yet?

I'll never know for sure, mate. I could have had it a few times by now for all I know. This week was definitely either it or a flu. 

But when my two kids and wife both had it during school holidays, meaning we hung out around home every second of two weeks together, shared meals, kids sleeping in bed, sitting on couches watching movies etc... I find it impossible to think I could have not had it then. I just assume I had it and must have been completely asymptomatic?

Anyway, as I am definitely not a covid tester, I will never know and at the end of the day it is dramatically unimportant anyway. :)

• My Little Pony
On 8/4/2022 at 4:44 PM, AlphaMale said:

Went to work Monday felt fine. Monday night it was hot in the upstairs bedroom and I was freezing with a blanket on. Went to work Tuesday feeling like I had drank lots of liquor the night before. One of the worst headaches I've ever experienced in my life. Worked through that all day. Got home and took home covid test and positive. Been home since yesterday and now going to doctor tomorrow to confirm the home test positive result. 

Gotta stop suckin' off dudes in the back alley. I'm sure the pay's decent, but is it worth the Covid?

;}

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Gotta stop suckin' off dudes in the back alley. I'm sure the pay's decent, but is it worth the Covid?

;}

That's MonkeyPox and Cody you're thinking of... :lol:

• My Little Pony
38 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

That's MonkeyPox and Cody you're thinking of... :lol:

Oh, right. Is that why he hasn't been around?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

;}

I hear that is how monkey pox gets around too.

• Haha 1