Corona

simo

I'm merely pointing out that for 500 people in the UK it wasn't just 'a few days of inconvenience'

Your words not mine. 

Not insignificant and in no way related to some random skiing incident, especially when the person chose to take part.

No one chose to die of covid.

I'm moved on from covid now. There are no restrictions in the UK. No one really talks about it either.

But I will not but sit back and listen to someone trivialise the virus as if nothing ever happened and that the people who sought to stop the spread of this virus were somehow bad people or fear mongering morons. 

Edited by Glen

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I'm merely pointing out that for 500 people in the UK it wasn't just 'a few days of inconvenience'

Your words not mine. 

Not insignificant and in no way related to some random skiing incident, especially when the person chose to take part.

No one chose to die of covid.

I'm moved on from covid now. There are no restrictions in the UK. No one really talks about it either.

But I will not but sit back and listen to someone trivialise the virus as if nothing ever happened and that the people who sought to stop the spread of this virus were somehow bad people or fear mongering morons. 

Thank the lord above I'm about to head up the coast for a few days so I don't need to participate in this all over again. 

Yes, 500 people in the UK died with covid (you got the reports yet about what else they died with and perhaps, in 99% of cases, what they actually died from?). And as I pointed out, in that same week about 12,355 died from other causes (off the top of my head as we've started a new page and I can't remember exactly). So while those 500 people tragically died with covid, probably 99% of them from something that wasn't actually covid... how many didn't? If you're still recording cases over there, let me know. How many positive cases - reported and not - as 500 people died with covid? Because I'm guessing that it's probably a few million that did go through a few days of inconvenience. 

You guys seem so set on convincing us that everyone dies from covid. All I've ever tried to do is mention the actual raw numbers, that are anywhere, for anyone to see. And yes, you can go pluck a story from a billion sources on Google about someone who died, but what's happening to everyone around you? I know and know of more people that have had covid now than not, and yes, for every single one of them, without exception, it has been either a few days of inconvenience, or absolutely nothing at all but a very minor cold. 

My point is the news and google will give you all the worst information you want. Nothing I've seen in my real life, the one I am part of every day, has ever supported this COVID KILLS ALL scenario you guys are so hooked on. And I know there are many tragic cases of people that have died with covid, but as I keep pointing out, in that same time there is a gigantic majority of people that died from things that weren't covid. But apparently, to you guys, these just aren't as important or worth mentioning. 

No one chose to die from covid, nor did anyone choose to die from a skiing accident, or sky diving accident. With that kind of idiotic logic, everyone who died from covid must have chose to die because they left their house? If you ski, you're choosing to die, but if you walk outside your home in a world where people have covid you are not choosing to die? I certainly understand why it's so hard for my point to get across.

People die all the time, sadly. Posting an article about someone dying with covid doesn't suddenly suggest that every 29 year old in the world is doomed to die from covid, just as not every sky diver is going to die if they go sky diving. 

Anyway, I'd love to see you actually move on from covid, properly. 

Who's this person that trivialised the virus as if nothing happened? All I've ever wanted is for it to be looked at proportionally. You will never, ever understand what I'm trying to point out with the numbers and that's cool. I hope more logical minds understand my point. 

As for people trying to stop the virus being bad fear pedalling morons, well, you got me there. I'm not saying everyone, and I'm not saying there was merit to absolutely nothing at all, but yes, I wholeheartedly believe that there have been a plethora of absolutely terrible people pushing drastically over-the-top measures upon people in many, many instances. No way in the world I'm going over all that again - but feel free to read back over the thread for some pure torture. For one, though, I believe that only a truly bad human would stop a child or parent seeing a dying child or parent because of a proportionately harmless virus, that, for fuck's sake, you've always been able to get tested for, to see if one has it or not. So there's no way you can tell me that there was never a work around that issue, which should not ever have been an issue regardless of viruses and tests. 

And I will say this, in 2022. Do you think pushing covid vaccines on 6 month old kids in 2022, with what we know now, is about saving lives, or making money? Simple question. And if you come to the same conclusion that I do, do you not think that's a bit "bad," or if you're that way inclined, actually evil? Just how low will these maggots stoop to keep the money rolling in, even after record, unfathomable profits have been enjoyed over the past few years?  

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 2

Maybe Geoff has a point, after all there are waaaay too many people on this planet these days anyway (8 billion and counting) so what difference does a few million dead make? Unless 1 or more are people you care about...of course you could take the same attitude towards the war in Ukraine and any other mass casualty event....maybe we shouldn't even attempt to stop pandemics, let them play out and hope for the best....become a species where only the strong survive which in many ways is the direction we are heading anyway, maybe its time to stop deluding ourselves about what a caring society we are....

And no that is not a direct shot at Geoff, just me expressing some thoughts on our world today....one of the problems with discussing anything online in depth and intelligently is that it is so easy to misconstrue a sentence or word and then the insults start to fly....not even close to the same as sitting down face to face with someone over a few brews where you can see facial expressions, mannerisms and hear tone of voice in a conversation, signs that we take in automatically....I have no doubt we would all get along fine and find common ground on most issues if we were not trying to fix the worlds problems online....

Edited by Dead Planet

• My Little Pony
20 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

As opposed to the mid afternoon wank or the evening wank or do you limit yourself to a wank a day?

Yes, as opposed to those aforementioned wanks. Otherwise I would have said "daily wank."

Well maybe its cos most of you were in country's that weren't that badly affected but in the UK we hit 2000 dying a day (ie more than every other cause of death put together) so I will never look harshly on those that worked to stop that spread and produce the vaccines.

Just to put that figure into context the total deaths in Australia from covid is 10,000

UK did that in 5 days at the height of the pandemic

The US did it in 3 days!!! 

And these have been proven to be excess deaths above the average norm so not just some random people dying of covid when they actually had something else. 

If anyone wants to now view their country harshly due to disproportionate continuing measures now that everyone is vaccinated then that's up to them. 

And I completely get that people die from other causes and that its also v sad. Fully 100% acknowledged. But ultimately its irrelevant when you are discussing the response to covid as the 2 are basically unrelated. 

Maybe if 10,000 people in the UK had died I might feel different, who knows. Maybe I would be more in Geoffs line of thought and think it wasn't that bad. But it was bad and I know quite a few people who were seriously ill on ventilators,  quite a few who still haven't recovered from long covid, and I know of at least 1 person who died - my cousin's husbands sister who was perfectly healthy with no underlying health issues.

I'm one of the lucky ones though. My daughters athletics coach knows 4 people who died, I can't imagine that - losing so many that are close to you. 

Anyway. Aside from Geoff who still thinks I live in fear, he's wrong. I have never really feared this virus even when it was rife, and I certainly don't fear it now, even though I'll probably test positive in the next day or 2 as my son has it again. 

What I won't do though is diss or moan & whine about the measures that were put in place. or hate on my country. 

peace ✌ 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, auslander said:

I think everyone has clearly enunciated their points now. Time to move on...

to Monkeypox!!!! (kidding)

Are you saying that I can't point out that the leading cause of death in the USA 2021 for the age group 45-54 was Covid 19 ?

Don't be a buzzkill !!!

49 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Are you saying that I can't point out that the leading cause of death in the USA 2021 for the age group 45-54 was Covid 19 ?

Don't be a buzzkill !!!

Don't be silly. Those numbers are VERY tainted. Say you got hit my a car, and are taken to the hospital and don't make it. You were tested for covid in the ER and tested positive. Guess what? You're a covid death.

Total bullshit. Heard it straight from a head nurse (ex-girlfriend) that it was all a money thing. More money for covid deaths. No matter the cause of death, it is covid!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Don't be silly. Those numbers are VERY tainted. Say you got hit my a car, and are taken to the hospital and don't make it. You were tested for covid in the ER and tested positive. Guess what? You're a covid death.

Total bullshit. Heard it straight from a head nurse (ex-girlfriend) that it was all a money thing. More money for covid deaths. No matter the cause of death, it is covid!

that is true for the UK as well but if you look at excess deaths they are bad. its true the stats were skewed by this but the excess deaths still indicate that covid had a huge impact in the UK. 

here, according to these stats your 'anomaly' accounts for about 5% overall. Stats don't lie.

1.Main points

• The total number of excess deaths, due to all causes, registered in England and Wales between March 2020 and December 2021 was 133,623; of these, 81,885 were males and 51,737 females.

• For deaths where the underlying cause of death was not coronavirus (COVID-19), excess deaths were 7,401 below the five-year average (2015 to 2019); deaths were 4,150 above the five-year average for males and 11,552 below the five-year average for females.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:28 AM, Geoff said:

So you don't wear masks because I assume you think it's pointless to wear one, but you consider someone pointing out the stupidity of wearing a mask a reason to shed tears? Why? 

Australia is absolutely perfect. Flawless. Criticise it and the blatant stupidity going on here, and the only solution is deportation. Obviously. 

Masks help prevent the spread of covid if you have it.
They don't protect you from contracting the virus if someone is close to you and is positive and doesn't wear a mask.

If I got covid, I would stay inside until I was over it.
If I had to leave to get medication or whatever, I'd wear a mask for sure.

I never agreed with a mask mandate. Let people make up their own minds and if they get sick, it's on them. If they die, it's on them.

I just don't constantly cry about having to wear a mask.

And I get it, Australia's not perfect, and no problem with pointing any issues from time to time, but you CONSTANTLY say how much you hate it here.

Yawn,
Wah wah,
Yawn.

surely you get tired of the same old shtick every day?

They just announced 4th jabs for over 30 year old's here today.
I'll be off to protect myself.
Don't really care if you choose to or not.

But I'm sure you'll be sooking about all the sheep and brainless fools who go and get it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yes, 500 people in the UK died with covid (you got the reports yet about what else they died with and perhaps, in 99% of cases, what they actually died from?). And as I pointed out, in that same week about 12,355 died from other causes (off the top of my head as we've started a new page and I can't remember exactly). So while those 500 people tragically died with covid, probably 99% of them from something that wasn't actually covid... how many didn't? If you're still recording cases over there, let me know. How many positive cases - reported and not - as 500 people died with covid? Because I'm guessing that it's probably a few million that did go through a few days of inconvenience. 

aaaaand, there we have it...

end of argument!

It's a waste of time. Geoff is simply one of the conspiracy theorists who look for weird 'raw stats' from people so passionatly anti vaccinations and masks that they form their own little secret propaganda spreading groups.
The absolute epitome of plucking stats from weird singular conspiracy sources on the internet.
There is no discussion here, only Geoff trying to lamely convince people to see 'his light' that makes him feel validated and give him a sense of feeling good about how he thinks..

No point in mentioning that pretty much EVERY country acted in a protective way and identified this virus as a significant threat to people and in many cases a threat to life.
Seems they all conspired, or maybe they are all equally blinded by the 'truth' and all acted in the same crazy way!
No form of reason or legitimate argument is going to inspire any thought, but will only drive him to argue with more spite.

Good luck with your sad sooky like.
The glass is half empty for you, and you're just going to stumble and spill the other half as you sook through life...

24 minutes ago, auslander said:

Starting to think that keyboard aggression is a side effect of the vaccine. 

Haha, I was going to make the point above that if you ever wanted a reason not to get vaccinated, just look at Curethesane's posts and think that one day that could be you. Is it caused by vaccine overdose?

Anyway, as soon as someone starts talking about conspiracy theories they've completely lost my respect, which in Curethesane's instance matters not, as I had no respect for him anyway. If ever a poster needed nothing more than his own posts to show what an absolute gump he is, that person is Curethesane. :(

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Haha, I was going to make the point above that if you ever wanted a reason not to get vaccinated, just look at Curethesane's posts and think that one day that could be you. Is it caused by vaccine overdose?

Anyway, as soon as someone starts talking about conspiracy theories they've completely lost my respect, which in Curethesane's instance matters not, as I had no respect for him anyway. If ever a poster needed nothing more than his own posts to show what an absolute gump he is, that person is Curethesane. :(

Look at you, wiping your tears away and standing tall!

I think you need to come to Melbourne.

Far superior to Sydney, less aggression, no NRL fans, better music scene, sporting capital of the world, etc

We can have brunch one day 😉

3 hours ago, auslander said:

Starting to think that keyboard aggression is a side effect of the vaccine. 

basically there are no side effects of the vaccine- that's pretty much been the point of 80% of this thread ;)

keep up

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Anyway, as soon as someone starts talking about conspiracy theories they've completely lost my respect

shame a lot of conspiracy theory's were peddled in this thread about vaccines. That where most folk lost me. ;)

And my respect 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

basically there are no side effects of the vaccine- that's pretty much been the point of 80% of this thread ;)

keep up

Side effects may be rare, but to say there are "no side effects" and to characterize any discussion of them as "conspiracy theories" is disingenuous AF.

https://www.science.org/content/article/rare-cases-coronavirus-vaccines-may-cause-long-covid-symptoms

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2022/06/rare-heart-related-side-effects-higher-moderna-covid-vaccine

• Like 1

FFS this virus has been going on now for over 2 years and we are still arguing the efficacy of masks and vaccines.....time to let it go...at this point I really don't care if everyone gets vaccinated or not, those who haven't by now never will and that's okay by me......

You can expect plenty of headlines about covid this Autumn when the next big wave hits so get ready for it....I don't expect much in the way of restrictions except maybe masking in some situations and that's okay with me too....as long as no one is coughing in my direction I don't care if they are masked anyway...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Side effects may be rare, but to say there are "no side effects" and to characterize any discussion of them as "conspiracy theories" is disingenuous AF.

https://www.science.org/content/article/rare-cases-coronavirus-vaccines-may-cause-long-covid-symptoms

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2022/06/rare-heart-related-side-effects-higher-moderna-covid-vaccine

again ludicrous to be worrying about the vaccine causing long covid , when it's proven that there are literally hundreds of thousands in the UK suffering from long covid having had the virus.

Just makes no sense to me that you would worry about a vaccine but not the much higher risk from the virus itself.

To each their own tho 

also the blood clot risk was ridiculous and with so many being vaccinated it was virtually impossible to prove that it wasn't just the natural occurrence in the population.

Also the risk was less than a healthy person getting a blood clot from sitting on a plane for 10 hours which is what everyone was striving to get back to 

the irony eh 🤣 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I completely understand why 'Geoff'  feels like he does.The whole over-reaction to the Covid down there was mind-blowing.Whenever I see a person or people start losing their freedoms and the ensuing government overreach....I wanna tear someone's throat out.Once you start losing your civil liberties and freedoms it can often be d@mn near impossible to ever get them back - outside of major revolution.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Metal T said:

I completely understand why 'Geoff'  feels like he does.The whole over-reaction to the Covid down there was mind-blowing.Whenever I see a person or people start losing their freedoms and the ensuing government overreach....I wanna tear someone's throat out.Once you start losing your civil liberties and freedoms it can often be d@mn near impossible to ever get them back - outside of major revolution.

I'm from Victoria, the most locked down place on earth.

It sucked, and I didn't agree with most of it.

But at some point you need to say "well that fucking sucked, but shit is a lot better now" and move on.

I moved on like 6 months ago, some people can't.

Or won't.

Or need to just constantly sook about something.