Corona

simo

I have tried very hard to avoid this thread and hope I can still do so after I drop these, but just wowser @ these-

Fly that Australian flag with pride, good fellows. 

10 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

That's shit I would expect out of Justin Trudeau... are Canada and Australia in a competition with one another to see who can be crowned the Greatest Authoritarian State?

That, or stupidest country on the planet. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

It's a shitty world folks...deal with it....if vaccinations are the worse thing we have to deal with over the next decade, then I'll be thrilled speechless....;)

Weirdest rationale for accepting encroachment onto liberty yet. So "its a shitty world, so deal with losing freedom, cause worse is yet to come". Yeah, ok...

59 minutes ago, auslander said:

Weirdest rationale for accepting encroachment onto liberty yet. So "its a shitty world, so deal with losing freedom, cause worse is yet to come". Yeah, ok...

Haha, yep, direct from the CTS handbook of Shut Up And Obey Your Leaders. 

And just a quick on on Dan's post, and then mine and also the point Brand makes in his video... and one I've been talking about for the past three years. Wondering if it's all just stupidity, or something more to it? I think the simple answer is both. 

Undoubtedly, there are a lot of people with a lot of money to be made from all of this... but that obviously doesn't cover everybody. Not everyone continuing to push the idiocy is making a dollar from it, you'd assume. So, as I've said in the past, I understand where they money makers are coming from. As long as there's money to be made they're going to ride it deep into the ground. 

But the fact is, there wouldn't be so much money to be made if not for the mindless idiots that just continue to go along with everything, never once questioning it, and without fail, making light of someone who does question it with a "Oh well, it's just how things are. Obey and accept." I wonder if they'd feel this way if their child was an unvaccinated teacher with a family to support. 

2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

And the hysteria over the vax continues unabated...:rolleyes:

If you were a handful of other posters here, I'd agree wholeheartedly, but knowing your stance on things covid, I assume you are suggesting that the hysteria is coming from people who are being forced to take a vaccine they don't want?

It's a hard one to get one's head around... can't figure out why anyone would have an issue with being forced to do something they are not comfortable doing, with no valid reason to actually do said thing they do not want to do. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

If you were a handful of other posters here, I'd agree wholeheartedly, but knowing your stance on things covid, I assume you are suggesting that the hysteria is coming from people who are being forced to take a vaccine they don't want?

It's a hard one to get one's head around... can't figure out why anyone would have an issue with being forced to do something they are not comfortable doing, with no valid reason to actually do said thing they do not want to do. 

The teachers are unvaxxed and are now back teaching but are being punished with wage cuts. Why? If they are dangerous why are they allowed to teach again? Answer is: They are being punished cause they didn't comply but it is now acknowledged that the unvaxxed present no risk to others which is why they are back on the job. It's a distraction to stop people demanding answers why people were sacked or locked down for no good reason.

Someone who is happy with this illogical situation needs to have a good hard look in the mirror and think about their values.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, auslander said:

The teachers are unvaxxed and are now back teaching but are being punished with wage cuts. Why? If they are dangerous why are they allowed to teach again? Answer is: They are being punished cause they didn't comply but it is now acknowledged that the unvaxxed present no risk to others which is why they are back on the job. It's a distraction to stop people demanding answers why people were sacked or locked down for no good reason.

Someone who is happy with this illogical situation needs to have a good hard look in the mirror and think about their values.

Yeah, I'm not sure if you watched both videos above, but that was the point the Jimmy Dore one was hammering home. 

15 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Yeah, this whole thing in Australia is 100% about revenge and punishment, not about safety or health IMO.

Like you both say, absolutely nothing at all, whatsoever, to do with health and safety. There is no advice left anywhere on earth that would support this type of action as a measure to "keep people safe." 

As fucked up as this country has become in a very short time, a story like this is still just that one extra thing I never could have imagined in my wildest dreams. The thing is it's not even being disguised. They clearly state that these people are being punished for not getting vaccinated. Words used. It defies belief in a country such as this once was. 

On a side note, Western Australia - a very literal prison state for the last few years, has scrapped its mask mandates for public transport as of Monday this week. NSW certainly has not, and I don't believe anywhere else in Australia has. Just can't get my head around this. The most insane, over-reactive fuck up state has beat the rest of the land to this point. How is it even remotely possible? They were still locked down and up for another 6 months or more after the rest of the country. But they get to this point first? And more to the point, why does science and health allow Western Australians to survive masks not being mandated, but in NSW we'll all die if masks aren't mandated for public transport? Why is the science different in WA compared to the rest of the country? 

Or, delete every single thing in this thread and can someone simply explain to me why any single covid mandate/restriction is still in place, anywhere? Just why?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Or, delete every single thing in this thread and can someone simply explain to me why any single covid mandate/restriction is still in place, anywhere? Just why?

The initial stages of COVID gave authoritarians a taste of what universal power and unopposed control could be like... and they LOVE it. They want to keep it. They don't want to give freedom back. They like the status quo.

Individual liberties are never going back to what the pre-COVID world looked like. The increased control mechanisms and mindsets are now firmly entrenched.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

The initial stages of COVID gave authoritarians a taste of what universal power and unopposed control could be like... and they LOVE it. They want to keep it. They don't want to give freedom back. They like the status quo.

Individual liberties are never going back to what the pre-COVID world looked like. The increased control mechanisms and mindsets are now firmly entrenched.

And the worst part about it is how many people don't mind. Embrace it with open arms, in many cases. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, yep, direct from the CTS handbook of Shut Up And Obey Your Leaders. 

Firstly, *whah, whah* :) 

Hilarious that you are so closed to opinions that you pigeon hole me like that.
Everyone here can read through my posts and you look like even more of an idiot.
You know, the ones where I sooked about actual lockdowns, my state being the most restricted in the world, wearing masks being mandatory and wrong, mandatory vaccinations being wrong, people not being able to work due to no vax, etc, etc,etc

But dare to disagree with sooky Geoff and he's just gonna slot your opinions in one hole and hope everyone believes him.

That said, it's kinda funny that people still try to engage Geoff and have any kind of rational discussion. 
just feeding his undiminishing fire and allowing him to hate everything in his life :) 

I employed someone last week, who is unvaxxed. It was wrong that the rule came in for most places of employment (with exceptions being those which deal with vulnerable and sick, which is actually nothing new) but nobody seems to give a shit any more.

Except "I have my country" Geoff....

Lastly, "whah, whah"

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

There was a time when restrictions made sense but that time has passed and it is time to view covid , the way we view influenza and give people a shot every year to help combat whatever variant is around and yes it should be a personal choice....

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

There was a time when restrictions made sense but that time has passed and it is time to view covid , the way we view influenza and give people a shot every year to help combat whatever variant is around and yes it should be a personal choice....

Yup. People don't get fined or furloughed for not getting a flu shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I know there is a lot of outrage over covid restrictions and vaxing destroying our freedom but there are a million rules, regulations, laws and restrictions that we are forced to live with every day that irritate me more than most countries response to covid....such as , we used to have the right to build most anything on land that we owned, now you need a building permit to add a shed....in some places you are not allowed to cut down a tree on your property without permission from those in power.....in some places you can be fined if the powers that be don't like the look of your home or property....how many highway laws are reasonable or needed....we used to have the right to own a gun now it is a privilege unless you live in the US...and the list goes on and is lengthy.....

The bottom line is that 'they' have been chipping away at our rights and freedoms now for decades and it shows no sign of slowing down....so do I get upset over covid restrictions/vaccinations originally meant to prevent serious illness and keep people out of the hospitals so that the health care system didn't collapse? NO... while it did irritate me , in rare situations I think it is necessary to take everyone's welfare into consideration when decisions are made about our health and yes in this case our freedoms were infringed upon but considering all the shit we have to live with every day, I view it as acceptable....

Although there is no longer a need for restrictions.....

15 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I know there is a lot of outrage over covid restrictions and vaxing destroying our freedom but there are a million rules, regulations, laws and restrictions that we are forced to live with every day that irritate me more than most countries response to covid....such as , we used to have the right to build most anything on land that we owned, now you need a building permit to add a shed....in some places you are not allowed to cut down a tree on your property without permission from those in power.....in some places you can be fined if the powers that be don't like the look of your home or property....how many highway laws are reasonable or needed....we used to have the right to own a gun now it is a privilege unless you live in the US...and the list goes on and is lengthy.....

The bottom line is that 'they' have been chipping away at our rights and freedoms now for decades and it shows no sign of slowing down....so do I get upset over covid restrictions/vaccinations originally meant to prevent serious illness and keep people out of the hospitals so that the health care system didn't collapse? NO... while it did irritate me , in rare situations I think it is necessary to take everyone's welfare into consideration when decisions are made about our health and yes in this case our freedoms were infringed upon but considering all the shit we have to live with every day, I view it as acceptable....

Although there is no longer a need for restrictions.....

Even as it's coming out what a lot of us already knew, that in the fullness of time there is no doubt that the damage lockdowns caused will far, far eclipse the effects of covid? 

A paid article, but I believe it's becoming acknowledged that lockdowns, allegedly, might have prevented 0.2% of covid deaths, and only the lord above knows how many they contributed too-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/02/trusting-people-do-right-thing-saved-lives-covid-lockdowns/

17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Firstly, *whah, whah* :) 

Hilarious that you are so closed to opinions that you pigeon hole me like that.
Everyone here can read through my posts and you look like even more of an idiot.
You know, the ones where I sooked about actual lockdowns, my state being the most restricted in the world, wearing masks being mandatory and wrong, mandatory vaccinations being wrong, people not being able to work due to no vax, etc, etc,etc

But dare to disagree with sooky Geoff and he's just gonna slot your opinions in one hole and hope everyone believes him.

That said, it's kinda funny that people still try to engage Geoff and have any kind of rational discussion. 
just feeding his undiminishing fire and allowing him to hate everything in his life :) 

I employed someone last week, who is unvaxxed. It was wrong that the rule came in for most places of employment (with exceptions being those which deal with vulnerable and sick, which is actually nothing new) but nobody seems to give a shit any more.

Lastly, "whah, whah"

Here he is. The human contradiction. So what did we disagree about if you agree with everything then? 

Haha, congrats on employing an unvaccinated person last week. Does this mean that before last week you weren't doing this? You're very brave. Can I ask legitimately, how did you even know he/she was unvaxxed? 

I am also curious as to why anyone needs to be vaccinated against their will, even if they work with vulnerable and sick people?

22 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

And I think the most irritating thing about you (and there seems to be a lot of options) is the way you come here flying your Aussie flag, insinuating everything's perfect here, consequently condoning all the covid idiocy... and you live in a state that is about to re-elect the biggest cunt not only in Australia, over the past three years, but very arguably, in the entire world. Yet your state (which is representative of the entire country) is about to re-elect this mad cunt, meaning you live with a majority bunch of brain-dead maggots, and you still sit here proudly flying your Australian flag. Again, consequently endorsing the punishment of teachers for not being vaccinated along the way. 

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Here he is. The human contradiction. So what did we disagree about if you agree with everything then? 

Haha, congrats on employing an unvaccinated person last week. Does this mean that before last week you weren't doing this? You're very brave. Can I ask legitimately, how did you even know he/she was unvaxxed? 

I am also curious as to why anyone needs to be vaccinated against their will, even if they work with vulnerable and sick people?

I really don't care if people are vaxxed or not.their choice.

They're fucking stupid if they give up their livelihood for the sake of a stupid jab that should never have been mandatory, but was.

She told me after I gave her the job that she wasn't jabbed. The point is that 6 months ago she wouldn't have been able to get a job, but the rules have changed and now she can work.

That was the point I was making 

But personally I'd rather be around unvaccinated people. They are the ones who really don't wanna get covid, because they are much more likely to get sick. Do they are more careful and safer to be around.

As to what we disagree about.

That Australia is a shithole.

That vaccinations don't lessen the impact of covid.

That covid is not potentially serious illness/can kill people, particularly the vulnerable.

That anyone who disagrees with you is a sheep and a pro vaxxer

That sooking is a viable pastime.

I mean I could go on, you've said a lot of stupid shit.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

And I think the most irritating thing about you (and there seems to be a lot of options) is the way you come here flying your Aussie flag, insinuating everything's perfect here, consequently condoning all the covid idiocy... and you live in a state that is about to re-elect the biggest cunt not only in Australia, over the past three years, but very arguably, in the entire world. Yet your state (which is representative of the entire country) is about to re-elect this mad cunt, meaning you live with a majority bunch of brain-dead maggots, and you still sit here proudly flying your Australian flag. Again, consequently endorsing the punishment of teachers for not being vaccinated along the way. 

I'm not overly patriotic.

Certainly nothing like most Americans.

And I don't care if you visit my country and aren't a fan.

But it is a great country and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, and if you're gonna tear it down and put 8t down unfairly, then imma defend it.

Just go live somewhere else, surely ANYWHERE is better for you. I hear Ukraine is nice this time of year.

As for our fucked up premier, I won't be voting for him. I never did in the first place.

He may get back in, because people are fucked and can't see the light, or whatever, but if that happens I won't be happy, but will deal and move on.

Can't change it, so just deal with it and move forward.

Sorry, you probably didn't understand that last sentence...

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Even as it's coming out what a lot of us already knew, that in the fullness of time there is no doubt that the damage lockdowns caused will far, far eclipse the effects of covid? 

A paid article, but I believe it's becoming acknowledged that lockdowns, allegedly, might have prevented 0.2% of covid deaths, and only the lord above knows how many they contributed too-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/02/trusting-people-do-right-thing-saved-lives-covid-lockdowns/

I'm not certain the lockdowns were all that successful in saving lives but I'm sure if I looked that I could find plenty of articles that support lockdowns.....you can always find support for your opinions online if you bother to look....because of the financial loses, people will be questioning the restrictions for decades to come....

I do however believe vaccinations worked to save lives and the lockdowns 'may' have saved the lives of those who were not vaccinated in the first 6 months or so of the pandemic until vaccinations became available...I seriously doubt that they will try lockdowns again in a future pandemic....

47 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I seriously doubt that they will try lockdowns again in a future pandemic....

I seriously think you are wrong.
MAYBE if there is another one in the next 5 to 10 years, the would would still be deep enough that they wouldn't lockdown, but...

In 541AD the Romans blocked all arrivals of food and people to Constantionple.
Quarantines have continued through history until the first 'lockdown' which occurred during the black death in the mid 1300's
The Spanish Flu in the early 1900's took lockdowns to closer to what we experienced, and then SARS 20 years ago effected lockdowns in China.

As a society we tend to err of the side of caution, and are happy to act in a conservative ideal of public interest and safety.
That pretty much the whole world imposed some form of lockdown on their citizens at some point indicates that it is considered somewhat of a safety measure, even it extremely unpopular.

I have to agree - I am 100% sure that the UK government feel that the initial lockdown not only helped in curbing the spread of the virus but also saved 1000s of lives - especially amongst the old and vulnerable sections of our population.

If there was another deadly outbreak of a virus for which there was no vaccine then I would bet absolutely that they would lockdown again without any hesitancy. 

25 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I seriously think you are wrong.
MAYBE if there is another one in the next 5 to 10 years, the would would still be deep enough that they wouldn't lockdown, but...

In 541AD the Romans blocked all arrivals of food and people to Constantionple.
Quarantines have continued through history until the first 'lockdown' which occurred during the black death in the mid 1300's
The Spanish Flu in the early 1900's took lockdowns to closer to what we experienced, and then SARS 20 years ago effected lockdowns in China.

As a society we tend to err of the side of caution, and are happy to act in a conservative ideal of public interest and safety.
That pretty much the whole world imposed some form of lockdown on their citizens at some point indicates that it is considered somewhat of a safety measure, even it extremely unpopular.

You could be right but the world runs on money and the negative economical impacts of the lockdowns were serious and I suspect they will not want to do it again....money is more important than life these days....