Corona

simo

On 6/21/2022 at 3:45 AM, Dead Planet said:

I would think long and hard before vaccinating a kid under 5....for the most part they are better off getting viruses and gaining immunity that way....adults should seriously consider it as we don't deal with viruses as well as kids....of course if you're a parent and you refuse vaccination and your child dies from covid, you'll have to live with the possibility that you could have saved them but that is what the drug companies are counting on....

There is an argument that kinds build natural immunities from playing in dirt etc, and they are all valid and well and good.
Only issue is that covid doesn't really work this way. Vaccination does not prevent a childs (or adults) body from building natural immunities the same way.

I'd get a 4th jab if they were on offer. Happy to pay to get it.
My choice and I haven't had covid and I don't want to have it.

Had a flu shot a couple of months ago.
Told my wife that she should also get one, but she didn't
Then a couple of weeks ago she got the flu. Lasted for over a week. Took a few days off, and still has some remaining effects.
Glad I didn't get it, glad I haven't had covid.

But I can't believe this is still a conversation, sure in Australia we were forced to get a jab if we wanted to keep working.
Was always the wrong thing to do.
But it happened, wah wah, move on.

I love living in Australia, still one of the best countries in the world.
My city Melbourne has slipped to 10th most livable in the world after having sat at #1 for many years.
I can live with that, and it happened for a reason, it's a great country to live in.
If you don't like it, see ya.

• Like 1

I am hella glad I haven't got it yet as well. The long term affects of the swelling people get on their brains is very concerning. There is some theories that this will lead to more dementia. 

What astounds me is that Fauci and his ilk who created this virus in a lab have got off scott free. This isn't the flu, covid was manufactured by scientists and then let loose. And no-one has or will ever be held to account.

10 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

There is an argument that kinds build natural immunities from playing in dirt etc, and they are all valid and well and good.
Only issue is that covid doesn't really work this way. Vaccination does not prevent a childs (or adults) body from building natural immunities the same way.

Then a couple of weeks ago she got the flu. Lasted for over a week. Took a few days off, and still has some remaining effects.

But I can't believe this is still a conversation, sure in Australia we were forced to get a jab if we wanted to keep working.

My city Melbourne has slipped to 10th most livable in the world after having sat at #1 for many years.
I can live with that, and it happened for a reason, it's a great country to live in.

I'll admit to not being certain about kids being better off getting viruses early rather than later because they build immunity better that way but I do remember hearing that it is better to get viruses such as the measles ,mumps etc as a child (thus building long term immunity) because they are much worse if you get them for the first time as an adult....maybe the scientific thinking has changed.....

I too am thankful to have not gotten covid and I plan to get a second booster this fall....I could get it now but I figure it is best to wait a few more months when the umpteenth wave starts....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auslander said:

I am hella glad I haven't got it yet as well. The long term affects of the swelling people get on their brains is very concerning. There is some theories that this will lead to more dementia. 

What astounds me is that Fauci and his ilk who created this virus in a lab have got off scott free. This isn't the flu, covid was manufactured by scientists and then let loose. And no-one has or will ever be held to account.

It is possible that covid escaped from a lab but I'm pretty sure that lab is in China, not the US and also I'm sure Fauci is not responsible....just because you dislike someone does not make them guilty of every conspiracy theory....

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 2:19 PM, CureTheSane said:

Front page of the paper seemed to say in big bold writing today that the fourth booster is being pushed because of all the big bad covid cases (WHAT?! People still have covid? Didn't we all think it'd just disappear?), so your dreams (as well as the dreams of relevant pharmaceutical companies) have come true. 

Love that there's still people out there thinking that the vaccine and all their countless booster shots is the reason why they've not had covid yet. How cute. Any commentary about the literal millions of vaccinated people worldwide that still get covid every single day? 

I don't get the story about your wife. So she got the flu because she didn't get vaccinated? And you didn't get it because you're vaccinated? One reason? Only unvaccinated people get the flu, in your world? Very different world to the one I see. Never had a flu vaccine and had the flu once that I recall, maybe another time? So what's the moral of that story? 

My brother, wife and two children all had covid and three of them were unvaccinated and all were absolutely fine after 2-3 rough days (as expected with any respiratory illness). So can I use that as my feel good story about why I have absolutely zero intention of ever getting another covid or flu shot, and I've not ever had one bar the forced covid vaccines? 

You do understand that for your feel good vaccination story there's just as many feel good unvaccinated stories? 

Yes, it happened (and is still happening, with the masks and how covid cases are treated) but if you lost a loved one and had been unable to see them one last time due to the ridiculous restrictions, you think you'd just wah wah and move on? If you lost your livelihood because of the fuckery you'd just wah wah and move on? These things didn't happen to me either, but I despise this rubbish pretending it never happened and just moving on. It's not that one needs to dwell on it constantly, but when it comes up, to just dismiss it as a wah wah moment, is pure cuntishness, in my humble opinion. 

So many maggots everywhere, just concerned about how it went for them and they didn't get too badly affected so that's cool, never happened. Wah wah, get on with it. Same maggots that wah wah over a blocked nose and cough for a week once every decade so they need every yearly and booster vaccine under the sun to not prevent it, but afford them the possibility that if and when they do get it they only need to blow their nose for two days instead of three. 

Anyway, rant ended. Jeez some people just rub me the wrong way. 

My mother (turning 80 this year) got her fourth shot. At her age, I don't blame her for erring on the side of caution. For her, it's as much for presence of mind and reducing her stress/concern levels as it is for any actual protection.

Me? Nah, I'm good. I have my first 3 shots, I'm no longer in a high-risk group due to weight loss. The numerous people I know who have gotten COVID in the last 6-9 months have all come through it fine; worst case scenario was being knocked on their ass and feeling like shit for a week. I'll take my chances.

I'm pretty much a social hermit, so my risk of contracting it is low to begin with.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Front page of the paper seemed to say in big bold writing today that the fourth booster is being pushed because of all the big bad covid cases (WHAT?! People still have covid? Didn't we all think it'd just disappear?), so your dreams (as well as the dreams of relevant pharmaceutical companies) have come true. 

Love that there's still people out there thinking that the vaccine and all their countless booster shots is the reason why they've not had covid yet. How cute. Any commentary about the literal millions of vaccinated people worldwide that still get covid every single day? 

I don't get the story about your wife. So she got the flu because she didn't get vaccinated? And you didn't get it because you're vaccinated? One reason? Only unvaccinated people get the flu, in your world? Very different world to the one I see. Never had a flu vaccine and had the flu once that I recall, maybe another time? So what's the moral of that story? 

My brother, wife and two children all had covid and three of them were unvaccinated and all were absolutely fine after 2-3 rough days (as expected with any respiratory illness). So can I use that as my feel good story about why I have absolutely zero intention of ever getting another covid or flu shot, and I've not ever had one bar the forced covid vaccines? 

You do understand that for your feel good vaccination story there's just as many feel good unvaccinated stories? 

Yes, it happened (and is still happening, with the masks and how covid cases are treated) but if you lost a loved one and had been unable to see them one last time due to the ridiculous restrictions, you think you'd just wah wah and move on? If you lost your livelihood because of the fuckery you'd just wah wah and move on? These things didn't happen to me either, but I despise this rubbish pretending it never happened and just moving on. It's not that one needs to dwell on it constantly, but when it comes up, to just dismiss it as a wah wah moment, is pure cuntishness, in my humble opinion. 

So many maggots everywhere, just concerned about how it went for them and they didn't get too badly affected so that's cool, never happened. Wah wah, get on with it. Same maggots that wah wah over a blocked nose and cough for a week once every decade so they need every yearly and booster vaccine under the sun to not prevent it, but afford them the possibility that if and when they do get it they only need to blow their nose for two days instead of three. 

Anyway, rant ended. Jeez some people just rub me the wrong way. 

I am getting tired of all the negativity over the fight against covid.....masks don't prevent you from getting covid so they are useless....vaccinations don't prevent you from getting covid so they are useless....the goal is to lessen the chances of catching the virus (masks) and if you do catch it then it is not as harmful to you (vax).....

The way I see it is this....smart people take precautions against catching viruses that can cause serious illness and everyone else takes their chances and that is okay by me....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I am getting tired of all the negativity over the fight against covid.....masks don't prevent you from getting covid so they are useless....vaccinations don't prevent you from getting covid so they are useless....the goal is to lessen the chances of catching the virus (masks) and if you do catch it then it is not as harmful to you (vax).....

The way I see it is this....smart people take precautions against catching viruses that can cause serious illness and everyone else takes their chances and that is okay by me....

And that would have been fine if it was left up to each and every one of us to make these decisions for ourselves. The only reason - and be assured of this - that there is animosity is because it was/is forced upon all of us. 

I would have never given a single fuck if people wanted to wear masks. I'd have had my strong personal opinions on them, but it would not have been a big deal if it had never affected me personally. The reason it is still an issue is because I personally don't give a shit about covid - never did - but I am still being forced to wear the stupid fucking things for the sake of people I hate, to be frank. 

Same with vaccinations. You can go back through to the first posts I ever made until the ones today - if you want a vaccine, by all means go and get one. I encouraged my parents to do so. And I don't begrudge anyone getting one if they feel they need that type of "protection" from covid. I do think it's gotten absolutely ridiculous with the boosters and am genuinely floored that people out there think that these boosters are for your protection and something such as the money being raked in by the companies making said vaccines has no influence whatsoever on why we're being told to keep getting weekly vaccines, but... off topic again, anyway, I hope I made my point. 

My point has always been that if you want to do what you want to do to protect yourself from what you think something is, that is magnificent for you. But nothing in life is a one size fits all deal, and that includes covid. 

And yes, I agree - a smart person would take precautions against catching viruses that can cause serious illness, and a smart person should also be free to not be scared of a virus that in 99% of cases is nothing more than a common cold, and make decisions based on that knowledge without being made to feel like they're some worthless piece of shit. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

I see from tomorrow July 6th Australia is dropping all COVID entry requirements and throwing their doors open to  everyone.

lol, really? Who was not allowed to come in before today (it's past midnight) that can come in now? I thought that type of shit finished ages ago.  

I was meant to have two days off with my kids from tomorrow, but I'm working because a bunch of people are off work with covid. I keep wondering if this is still going to be the situation in 10 years. Have we just been stupefied to this point that it's permanent now? Get covid and you need to isolate for 7 days. Get the flu, which in the majority of cases now is a much heavier hitter, and you're free to do as you wish. The Covid Pedestal, will it ever end? I'm thinking not. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
28 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Agree 100 %.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

lol, really? Who was not allowed to come in before today (it's past midnight) that can come in now? I thought that type of shit finished ages ago.  

Djokovic is the first name that comes to mind.Although technically he did enter the country but was detained and then had to leave

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I was meant to have two days off with my kids from tomorrow, but I'm working because a bunch of people are off work with covid. I keep wondering if this is still going to be the situation in 10 years. Have we just been stupefied to this point that it's permanent now? Get covid and you need to isolate for 7 days. Get the flu, which in the majority of cases now is a much heavier hitter, and you're free to do as you wish. The Covid Pedestal, will it ever end? I'm thinking not. 

When I was working full time, people who caught the flu or even a cold were expected to stay home and not spread it to everyone else at work......

5 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Agree 100 %.

I do agree with you guys in principle, except the "smart" thing. What you're essentially saying is that you guys are very smart for your choices, but people who do not think the same as you - while they're free to do as they wish - are stupid fucking idiots.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Djokovic is the first name that comes to mind.Although technically he did enter the country but was detained and then had to leave

That was January, man. That embarrassing blemish on this embarrassment of a country was at the height of the idiocy, which, for the most part, has passed since then. 

3 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

When I was working full time, people who caught the flu or even a cold were expected to stay home and not spread it to everyone else at work......

And to a degree, that's how it should be, as it should be with covid. But it was never mandatory and I don't believe it should be with covid either. I don't want a cold or flu or covid, but I'd much rather get a cold, flu and covid all at once than live my life scared of every cough and sneeze I hear for the rest of my life. This irrational fear that has been drilled into everyone is mind-boggling for someone who actually thinks for themselves. Just unfathomable. 

The thing is, when people are really sick they generally stay home probably whether they like it or not. If they're not very sick, they don't. Life does actually go on, even if you have a runny nose. If you test positive to covid and have no symptoms, you still need to stay home for 7 days by law, and to me that is just stupid. As much as we've allegedly moved on from this covid zero policy, there still seems to be this idiotic belief that we can somewhat contain the virus to some degree? I just don't understand it. 

I can't remember how long ago I said it, but it stands today. You remove every single covid restriction currently in place, and do you honestly think the world just caves in on itself? You think anything, whatsoever, significantly changes? I personally think not a single thing changes, for the worse. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I do agree with you guys in principle, except the "smart" thing. What you're essentially saying is that you guys are very smart for your choices, but people who do not think the same as you - while they're free to do as they wish - are stupid fucking idiots.  

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel stupid and if you do then I humbly apologize...;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

That's how I took it. 

5 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel stupid and if you do then I humbly apologize...;)

The incredible irony is that I don't walk out to a paddock and look at the sheep and marvel at how smart they are. 

I'd have thought making decisions based on all the readily available information out there - not just the garbage rammed down your throats by the media - would be a much more intelligent way to approach things. 

But congrats to sheep for moving so far up the measuring stick for intelligence. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

And to a degree, that's how it should be, as it should be with covid. But it was never mandatory and I don't believe it should be with covid either. I don't want a cold or flu or covid, but I'd much rather get a cold, flu and covid all at once than live my life scared of every cough and sneeze I hear for the rest of my life. This irrational fear that has been drilled into everyone is mind-boggling for someone who actually thinks for themselves. Just unfathomable. 

The thing is, when people are really sick they generally stay home probably whether they like it or not. If they're not very sick, they don't. Life does actually go on, even if you have a runny nose. If you test positive to covid and have no symptoms, you still need to stay home for 7 days by law, and to me that is just stupid. As much as we've allegedly moved on from this covid zero policy, there still seems to be this idiotic belief that we can somewhat contain the virus to some degree? I just don't understand it. 

I can't remember how long ago I said it, but it stands today. You remove every single covid restriction currently in place, and do you honestly think the world just caves in on itself? You think anything, whatsoever, significantly changes? I personally think not a single thing changes, for the worse. 

what irrational fear? We all got our vaccines and moved on?? I've really no idea what this thread is all about anymore.

99% of restrictions were removed in the UK about 6 months ago. Why are we still discussing this?????

I think Australia is the last place on earth still thinking its a thing. And possibly NZ. 

19 minutes ago, Glen said:

what irrational fear? We all got our vaccines and moved on?? I've really no idea what this thread is all about anymore.

99% of restrictions were removed in the UK about 6 months ago. Why are we still discussing this?????

I think Australia is the last place on earth still thinking its a thing. And possibly NZ. 

I don't know. In the USA, they are still pushing to get babies vaccinated and the daily tallies are still told every single day. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

The incredible irony is that I don't walk out to a paddock and look at the sheep and marvel at how smart they are. 

I'd have thought making decisions based on all the readily available information out there - not just the garbage rammed down your throats by the media - would be a much more intelligent way to approach things. 

But congrats to sheep for moving so far up the measuring stick for intelligence. 

If believing in scientific reasoning makes me a sheep then so be it...baaaaa....as for those who prefer to believe in conspiracy theories and online bullshit about covid, they don't look particularly intelligent to me....

As for the media they are only right half the time at best and it is up to all of us to decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong or what is a grey area....there has been a shitload of misinformation out there right from the beginning of covid and that came from everywhere, including health authorities and the people in power because they weren't prepared and didn't know what to do.....I'd like to think that after years of this shit that we all have a better understanding of the issue but I continue to hear misinformation from a lot of directions because people prefer to believe preconceived notions of the situation and refuse to budge from those positions....this is the fucked up world we live in today....