Corona

simo

2 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I don't know. In the USA, they are still pushing to get babies vaccinated and the daily tallies are still told every single day. 

Vaccinating babies is a crazy idea imo but people are still dying everyday in relatively large numbers all over the world so the issue hasn't gone away and never will so the coverage is understandable....eventually the numbers will be posted along with the numbers of people dying of cancer and other illnesses as the world finally takes a breath and realizes that covid is here to stay....

20 minutes ago, Glen said:

what irrational fear? We all got our vaccines and moved on?? I've really no idea what this thread is all about anymore.

99% of restrictions were removed in the UK about 6 months ago. Why are we still discussing this?????

I think Australia is the last place on earth still thinking its a thing. And possibly NZ. 

The irrational fear that forces Australian citizens to isolate for 7 days if they get a positive covid test result. Thought I'd made that point pretty clearly above? 

So you live in a decent country and therefore everyone else does and because it's a none issue for you it's exactly the same for everyone else? 

Very good question - why are you here discussing this if it bares to relevance to you? Honestly, why comment on it then? 

I'm not sure you noticed, but I actually live in Australia. Not the UK. Pretty sure it's still a thing in China and Korea too. 

The reason it is still being discussed is because we're not all in the situation you are in, even though we all should be. Surely I made it clear that my issue is that it is still an issue. That's the whole point of the last few pages. My disbelief that it is still a thing. 

8 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I don't know. In the USA, they are still pushing to get babies vaccinated and the daily tallies are still told every single day. 

Yep, same here. 

39 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

If believing in scientific reasoning makes me a sheep then so be it...baaaaa....as for those who prefer to believe in conspiracy theories and online bullshit about covid, they don't look particularly intelligent to me....

As for the media they are only right half the time at best and it is up to all of us to decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong or what is a grey area....there has been a shitload of misinformation out there right from the beginning of covid and that came from everywhere, including health authorities and the people in power because they weren't prepared and didn't know what to do.....I'd like to think that after years of this shit that we all have a better understanding of the issue but I continue to hear misinformation from a lot of directions because people prefer to believe preconceived notions of the situation and refuse to budge from those positions....this is the fucked up world we live in today....

You lost me the second you referred to an opinion different to yours as a conspiracy theory. That, to me, is the height of blatant stupidity. 

"Either you agree with what I believe, or you're a conspiracy theorist."

So every single person who didn't fall in line with the vaccinate the entire world population and lock everyone down mentality is just a dumb conspiracy theorist? Excellent logic. One size fits all. 

And undoubtedly, the misinformation, let me guess, is only the stuff you don't agree with? Everything you agree with is correct information, but if someone says something contrary to your serve-and-obey mentality it's a conspiracy theory? 

That's been the beauty of covid - that there is no room for discussion. What we're fed in droves by the media is, of course, the only correct information. Nothing else to see. 

Just to entertain me, what about raw numbers is a conspiracy theory? What if someone blocked out all the bullshit entirely and just looked at raw numbers, nothing else considered? Is that a conspiracy theory? 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Annoying as fuck isn't it?

Yep, and also why I haven't watched or listened to any news service bar an accidental crossing of stations on the radio, or un-fast forwarded TV ad for the last three years. 

• Like 1

I must admit though, it may be irrational, but I do dislike it when I am lined up in a queue and some bloke is basically coughing all over me. I think I disliked that pre-covid as well. Happened to me on the weekend and I really did not appreciate it. While I think all the losers still wearing masks for no reason in public are amusing/pathetic, people who have actual illnesses could wear them rather than cough all over people in their vicinity. Would be nice. Radical thinking here - wear masks now if you are sick, don't wear them if you are healthy.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

You lost me the second you referred to an opinion different to yours as a conspiracy theory. That, to me, is the height of blatant stupidity. 

"Either you agree with what I believe, or you're a conspiracy theorist."

So every single person who didn't fall in line with the vaccinate the entire world population and lock everyone down mentality is just a dumb conspiracy theorist? Excellent logic. One size fits all. 

And undoubtedly, the misinformation, let me guess, is only the stuff you don't agree with? Everything you agree with is correct information, but if someone says something contrary to your serve-and-obey mentality it's a conspiracy theory? 

That's been the beauty of covid - that there is no room for discussion. What we're fed in droves by the media is, of course, the only correct information. Nothing else to see. 

Just to entertain me, what about raw numbers is a conspiracy theory? What if someone blocked out all the bullshit entirely and just looked at raw numbers, nothing else considered? Is that a conspiracy theory? 

Now that is amusing since you believe that you're 100% right on this issue and everyone else is wrong or stupid if they disagree with your narrow point of view....but you are correct about 1 thing, there is no middle ground and 'room for discussion' since 1 side believes the doctors and scientists once they got their act together and the other does not....

But as usual you have a right to your opinion even if I disagree with it...

36 minutes ago, auslander said:

I must admit though, it may be irrational, but I do dislike it when I am lined up in a queue and some bloke is basically coughing all over me. I think I disliked that pre-covid as well. Happened to me on the weekend and I really did not appreciate it. While I think all the losers still wearing masks for no reason in public are amusing/pathetic, people who have actual illnesses could wear them rather than cough all over people in their vicinity. Would be nice. Radical thinking here - wear masks now if you are sick, don't wear them if you are healthy.

It's not irrational, the guy could have tuberculosis or something worse....sick people should wear masks and those in poor health should consider it also....masks are no longer required in Canada but I see the elderly mostly still wearing them which is okay with me....heck I still wear one when I'm in a store with a lot of people around....

2 hours ago, auslander said:

I'm sure many people would subscribe to that. For me, though, as I keep saying, there is no sense is an everyone do one thing policy all the time. Ordering, by law, everyone to wear a mask all the time could only possibly lead to conflict and unrest. 

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

Now that is amusing since you believe that you're 100% right on this issue and everyone else is wrong or stupid if they disagree with your narrow point of view....but you are correct about 1 thing, there is no middle ground and 'room for discussion' since 1 side believes the doctors and scientists once they got their act together and the other does not....

But as usual you have a right to your opinion even if I disagree with it...

But what do you mean I think I'm 100% right on this issue? What is my narrow point of view? You mean I think I'm 100% right in my belief that I think people should be able to make up their own minds on things? Then yes, you are correct. I do think that is 100% right. The stupidity of your comment is that I don't have a strong opinion either way - I just want to be left alone to do what I believe, based on all available information, is sensible.  

You seem to think I have all these crazy theories, but what exactly are they? What are my conspiracy theories? I have simply disagreed, all along, with every single person being told what to do as though we're all the exact same person in the exact same situation. It's really pretty simple. 

The difference between us seems to be that I am well aware that people have different opinions on all things covid related, and I'd have been more than happy if everyone did what they felt was best for themselves, without ordering the rest of us to do what a lot of us believe is ridiculous. You seem to think that a thought different to your opinion is a conspiracy theory. Even if two medical professionals with the same amount of credentials were to have opposing views on covid, I am 100% of the opinion that you'd gobble up everything the guy you agree with says, and you'd call the other guy a conspiracy theorist. Just look at your comment above. In your mind, every single doctor and scientist has had the one global opinion? The one you subscribe to? There have been no differing opinions in the entire medical and science fields, opposing what you were infinitely fed through your TV screen? Wake up, my good man, that is so stupid I'm surprised you'd put the words to page. 

Back in the day, a conspiracy theory would be something ridiculous, like the notion that cats are going to kill everyone and rule the world by the end of the month. Two years ago, you'd have labeled mandatory vaccines, masks, denial to see a dying loved one, worldwide lockdowns etc. a conspiracy theory. Nowadays, a completely valid opinion that simply isn't the same as your opinion seems to be enough to be labeled a conspiracy theory. Idiocy. 

37 minutes ago, Geoff said:

But what do you mean I think I'm 100% right on this issue? What is my narrow point of view? You mean I think I'm 100% right in my belief that I think people should be able to make up their own minds on things? Then yes, you are correct. I do think that is 100% right. The stupidity of your comment is that I don't have a strong opinion either way - I just want to be left alone to do what I believe, based on all available information, is sensible.  

You seem to think I have all these crazy theories, but what exactly are they? What are my conspiracy theories? I have simply disagreed, all along, with every single person being told what to do as though we're all the exact same person in the exact same situation. It's really pretty simple. 

The difference between us seems to be that I am well aware that people have different opinions on all things covid related, and I'd have been more than happy if everyone did what they felt was best for themselves, without ordering the rest of us to do what a lot of us believe is ridiculous. You seem to think that a thought different to your opinion is a conspiracy theory. Even if two medical professionals with the same amount of credentials were to have opposing views on covid, I am 100% of the opinion that you'd gobble up everything the guy you agree with says, and you'd call the other guy a conspiracy theorist. Just look at your comment above. In your mind, every single doctor and scientist has had the one global opinion? The one you subscribe to? There have been no differing opinions in the entire medical and science fields, opposing what you were infinitely fed through your TV screen? Wake up, my good man, that is so stupid I'm surprised you'd put the words to page. 

Back in the day, a conspiracy theory would be something ridiculous, like the notion that cats are going to kill everyone and rule the world by the end of the month. Two years ago, you'd have labeled mandatory vaccines, masks, denial to see a dying loved one, worldwide lockdowns etc. a conspiracy theory. Nowadays, a completely valid opinion that simply isn't the same as your opinion seems to be enough to be labeled a conspiracy theory. Idiocy. 

You spend a lot of words when it can be said in a sentence....you have it all figured out and everyone who doesn't see it the way you do is a fool ...now that is what I call idiocy....but go ahead and keep spewing your silly bullshit as it is all you've got....

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I'm sure many people would subscribe to that. For me, though, as I keep saying, there is no sense is an everyone do one thing policy all the time. Ordering, by law, everyone to wear a mask all the time could only possibly lead to conflict and unrest. 

Not as a law, just public courtesy.

Also, I noticed in Melbourne on the weekend, where mask wearing still is law *on public transport* about 50% of people don't bother following the law anymore. True, verified (with my own eyes) story. I have no issue with that. Should never be mandatory. 

Basically a person's attitude to regulation comes down to a fundamental difference between authoritarian left or right or libertarian left or right. The authoritarian tends to believe that people are inherently bad/negative/selfish and need to be controlled by experts or better people for society as a whole. The libertarian tends to see people as genuinely good and will make their own decisions to their own and others betterment and should be less regulated.

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Not as a law, just public courtesy.

Also, I noticed in Melbourne on the weekend, where mask wearing still is law *on public transport* about 50% of people don't bother following the law anymore. True, verified (with my own eyes) story. I have no issue with that. Should never be mandatory. 

Yeah mate, I've never worn a mask on a train and I've slowly noticed others starting to do the same. Definitely not 50% in Sydney - not even close to it. On Sydney trains, it's still well over 95% of people all masked up, but I have noticed on the Central Coast trains that I get to and from work on, it's probably a bit closer to 90% of people in masks. Small difference, but at least a change from the 100% it's been for years on end. 

Still blows my mind that they weren't mandatory for quite a long time during covid, and now that everyone is vaccinated and the moment is well and truly over, the mandate seems permanent. Stupid fucking country. 

2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

You spend a lot of words when it can be said in a sentence....you have it all figured out and everyone who doesn't see it the way you do is a fool ...now that is what I call idiocy....but go ahead and keep spewing your silly bullshit as it is all you've got....

No, I don't have it all figured out whatsoever - not in any way, shape or form. But seeing people like yourself in action, I would much rather not have it all figured out due to thinking for myself and being unable to reach conclusions, as opposed to someone like you whom I doubt has ever had an original thought in your life.

May your next booster keep you safe from big bad world that the media has successfully ordered you to fear so deeply. Your flock is calling you home. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

No, I don't have it all figured out whatsoever - not in any way, shape or form. But seeing people like yourself in action, I would much rather not have it all figured out due to thinking for myself and being unable to reach conclusions, as opposed to someone like you whom I doubt has ever had an original thought in your life.

May your next booster keep you safe from big bad world that the media has successfully ordered you to fear so deeply. Your flock is calling you home. 

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....:lol:

21 hours ago, Geoff said:

The irrational fear that forces Australian citizens to isolate for 7 days if they get a positive covid test result. Thought I'd made that point pretty clearly above? 

So you live in a decent country and therefore everyone else does and because it's a none issue for you it's exactly the same for everyone else? 

Very good question - why are you here discussing this if it bares to relevance to you? Honestly, why comment on it then? 

I'm not sure you noticed, but I actually live in Australia. Not the UK. Pretty sure it's still a thing in China and Korea too. 

The reason it is still being discussed is because we're not all in the situation you are in, even though we all should be. Surely I made it clear that my issue is that it is still an issue. That's the whole point of the last few pages. My disbelief that it is still a thing. 

mate most countries have moved on. You keeping babbling on about Australia is just plain boring. We all know your government is pretty stupid but endless pages moaning about will solve nothing. 

40 minutes ago, Glen said:

mate most countries have moved on. You keeping babbling on about Australia is just plain boring. We all know your government is pretty stupid but endless pages moaning about will solve nothing. 

Nah, I only pop up in the thread when someone else resurrects it to offer input based on communications at that time. 

I am curious as to why you bother opening, looking at and commenting in the thread? 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Nah, I only pop up in the thread when someone else resurrects it to offer input based on communications at that time. 

I am curious as to why you bother opening, looking at and commenting in the thread? 

Cuz the trolls can't help themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

last I checked it was an open forum. 

7 hours ago, Glen said:

last I checked it was an open forum. 

It is. But why come in here and say how irrelevant and pointless it is to your situation, yet you still feel the need to comment in it? Do you do that for every thread on the forum? Should I be checking out threads about prog bands to offer my two cents?

• Like 1