Corona

simo

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

no not really. Quite often in the past on this forum I have read yr posts and thought a bit differently. But you my friend have never ever once changed your viewpoint on any matter (including music) in the whole 16 yrs I've been on this forum.

No matter. I'll leave you to crack on with CTS

Aren't you and CTS having a circle jerk right now about how I changed my viewpoint on covid?

As for everything else, I remember saying this in the past too, but what's wrong with me not changing my viewpoint? I don't believe I'm trying to tell anyone else how to think, just putting my point across and that's about it. I'm not concerned about whether you or anyone else has ever changed your viewpoint - I would not have the faintest, most remote idea if you ever have. Because I don't care. Not to be a prick or anything, but I wouldn't let it worry you. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:47 AM, AlphaMale said:

Can we all agree that Covid sucks and the media fed the hysteria? The governments overreached with mandates on the vaccines that turned a lot of people off. 

We all made it through. 

Agree covid sucks.
Media played a role, incited by government overreation but also general uncontrollable hysteria amongst the public was a big part.
Government went in with a plan. Remember the term 'herd immunity'? Yeah, those targets were reached and nothing changed. They, they governments and the experts weho fed them their information, were wrong. I've always said mandates were wrong. (IMO) not vaccinating yourself is foolhardy, but in the end up to the person, and people losing jobs bacause of this is horrible.
For masks, at some point there is a line, and it lies somewhere between wearing masks outside while walking yoiur dog alone and having to mask up in a hospital. Everyone lies somewhere on the scale.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:16 AM, auslander said:

Reading back posts from years ago to score points in a present argument is a pretty beta move. It's all pretty pointless now. For a while it was like grabbing a box of popcorn and watching this unfold, but now it's gotten cringey. Time to move on methinks.

I have indeed taken the low road, for the sole purpose of dragging Geoff along it with me.
He fails to see that whilst embarrassing myself, he is dalso embarrassing himself.
And that's the fun part, he's still trolling along thinking he needs to validate his opinions.
I mean, I gave him to option of moving on from this. He said no. I can post his quotes where he is practically begging me to continue.
I'm a pleaser, I don't want to let him down... ;) 

26 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I have indeed taken the low road, for the sole purpose of dragging Geoff along it with me.
He fails to see that whilst embarrassing myself, he is dalso embarrassing himself.
And that's the fun part, he's still trolling along thinking he needs to validate his opinions.
I mean, I gave him to option of moving on from this. He said no. I can post his quotes where he is practically begging me to continue.
I'm a pleaser, I don't want to let him down... ;) 

Haha, I actually genuinely pity you. 

In another note relative to this thread, in line with what Auslander was saying a few posts back about the complete lack of accountability, it looks like the mask mandate on public transport will be lifted on Wednesday. 

I would just love to hear someone tell us why Wednesday? What happens on Wednesday that makes it safe not to wear a mask, when we are still mandated to wear one today, and tomorrow?

What about last week? Why was it unsafe then, but not on Wednesday? How about last month? Six months ago? A year ago? I know many aren't interested in answers, but I am a curious being. If I am told to do something there has to be a reason why, and the complete lack of explanation plays on my mind with vigour. 

36 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Haha, I actually genuinely pity you. 

In another note relative to this thread, in line with what Auslander was saying a few posts back about the complete lack of accountability, it looks like the mask mandate on public transport will be lifted on Wednesday. 

I would just love to hear someone tell us why Wednesday? What happens on Wednesday that makes it safe not to wear a mask, when we are still mandated to wear one today, and tomorrow?

What about last week? Why was it unsafe then, but not on Wednesday? How about last month? Six months ago? A year ago? I know many aren't interested in answers, but I am a curious being. If I am told to do something there has to be a reason why, and the complete lack of explanation plays on my mind with vigour. 

Maybe I am a cynic but I suspect the timing relates to the public holiday for the passing of the Queen on Thursday.

20 minutes ago, auslander said:

Maybe I am a cynic but I suspect the timing relates to the public holiday for the passing of the Queen on Thursday.

The article I saw mentioned NSW and SA, and WA dropped the mandate last week. Does this mean that even though there's a public holiday, covid will still murder commuters in QLD and VIC? And what about NT and Tassie... still mandated there? 

Like I say, would just love to see the explanation. 

And I agree with you too, about the timing. So can we conclude that if the queen had not died, covid would continue to kill commuters on Wednesday and Thursday and up until whenever some other completely unrelated incident provided the gateway to an eased restriction? 

1 minute ago, Glen said:

is that your last restriction gone then? hopefully can finally draw a line under it ;)

Not even close, hombre. The isolation garbage still remains, as do all the rules for hospitals, doctors surgeries and nursing homes. I visit a hospital for work every Monday night and have to scan a QR code every week, but can't do it on my new phone so I had to sign in manually this week. It all just makes you feel like a complete moron. 

I know there are still vaccine mandates in place too. 

We should have been able to draw a line under this well over a year ago. :(

On 9/19/2022 at 11:21 PM, Geoff said:

it looks like the mask mandate on public transport will be lifted on Wednesday. 

Wow, you find something to complain about in everything, don't you?
What a sad life.
The main thing you sook about is ending.

Porper responces 
"about time"
"finally!"
"I'm so happy they've finally come to their senses"
etc

Yet, you still need to wah wah

On 9/20/2022 at 1:33 AM, Glen said:

is that your last restriction gone then? hopefully can finally draw a line under it ;)

That was a joke right?
He will fond something, anything, however small, to complain about that is covid related.
Could be some sooking that China still has a quarrantine, or thatJapan has finally opened up, but it took them too long.
Of course there are immeasurable things that he will find to hate in and about Australia.
He really hates it here, but he just won't leave :( 

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Wow, you find something to complain about in everything, don't you?
What a sad life.
The main thing you sook about is ending.

Porper responces 
"about time"
"finally!"
"I'm so happy they've finally come to their senses"
etc

Yet, you still need to wah wah

That was a joke right?
He will fond something, anything, however small, to complain about that is covid related.
Could be some sooking that China still has a quarrantine, or thatJapan has finally opened up, but it took them too long.
Of course there are immeasurable things that he will find to hate in and about Australia.
He really hates it here, but he just won't leave :( 

Jeez you yap a lot for a lemming. 

Anyway, nice Dan Andrews approved post. Your master would be proud of you. 

Never question, just obey. The Cure The Sane way. 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Jeez you yap a lot for a lemming. 

Anyway, nice Dan Andrews approved post. Your master would be proud of you. 

Never question, just obey. The Cure The Sane way. 

Interested to hear how I am a lemming.

This, along with 'controlled by the news' are two of your most famous 'arguments'

Couple of the lowest forms of arguments, to make statements that are false and to make assumptions based on your inability to understand.

Don't start boring me now.

You can do better than that. Feel your hatred of everything Australian flow through you. Don't be afraid of the dark side. Embrace it.

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

That was a joke right?

given up caring mate.

this is the only place on the Internet I see covid even mentioned anymore

in the UK we've moved onto inflation, cost of living, interest rates, and nuclear war ;)

Just now, Glen said:

n the UK we've moved onto inflation, cost of living, interest rates, and nuclear war ;)

Fuck, I hope Geoff doesn't see this.

You're gifting him more things to complain about.

Lettuce and fuel prices seem to have slipped under his radar.

His fucking head could explode if he gets wind of more problems in the world that aren't being handled the way he expertly sees fit...

• Haha 1

Is he dead?
Or did he finally click that he was looking like a lame ass internet fool?
Geoff, come back, we can make this right?
I know deep down you're an amazing human, who has simply been brainwashed by the conspiracy theorists.
Break the cult, come back to society, embrace your country, stop the hate!

On 10/4/2022 at 11:32 AM, CureTheSane said:

Is he dead?
Geoff, come back, we can make this right?
I know deep down you're an amazing human, who has simply been brainwashed by the conspiracy theorists.
Break the cult, come back to society, embrace your country, stop the hate!

1. Yep, got covid and I didn't get enough boosters so I died. If only I'd listened to you and your master. :(

2. lol. world of warcraft legion GIF

Edited by Geoff

On 10/4/2022 at 11:32 AM, CureTheSane said:

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

world of warcraft legion GIF

On 9/19/2022 at 10:43 PM, CureTheSane said:

On 9/15/2022 at 12:27 AM, CureTheSane said:

I mean I can continue just being a 12 year old with you, and bringing you down to my level.

I mean, I'm pretty sure you make your replies without reading all of the posts you are replying to.
I am 100% sure you don't understand what you are replying to all the time.
I thought I had made it pretty clear what I was doing.

Feel free to go back and check my quotes.
I haven't made them up.
Reminda me of that time I quoted your old posts and you didn't believe they were genuine, and that I had edited them. :rofl2:
Only to find all the crazy hypocracy and backflipping you had done.
It was embarrassing for you to be sure.

This isn't as embarrassing as that was.
But it's kind of embarrassing that I told you at least twice that I was taking myself to an childish level, but the upside was that i was dragging you with me. I just figured it was your refusal to 'back down' that kept you going.
Now I think maybe it was just stupidity.
Your whitty pot kettle black GIF is the only ironic thing here.
You're just making fun of yourself now lol

But I shoulld let you get back to the internet, where I'm sure you are either making "covid never existed" posts, or "fuck I have Australia" posts :)

Edited by CureTheSane

8 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure you make your replies without reading all of the posts you are replying to.
I am 100% sure you don't understand what you are replying to all the time.
I thought I had made it pretty clear what I was doing.

Feel free to go back and check my quotes.
I haven't made them up.
Reminda me of that time I quoted your old posts and you didn't believe they were genuine, and that I had edited them. :rofl2:
Only to find all the crazy hypocracy and backflipping you had done.
It was embarrassing for you to be sure.

This isn't as embarrassing as that was.
But it's kind of embarrassing that I told you at least twice that I was taking myself to an childish level, but the upside was that i was dragging you with me. I just figured it was your refusal to 'back down' that kept you going.
Now I think maybe it was just stupidity.
Your whitty pot kettle black GIF is the only ironic thing here.
You're just making fun of yourself now lol

But I shoulld let you get back to the internet, where I'm sure you are either making "covid never existed" posts, or "fuck I have Australia" 

Edited by auslander
  • Haha 1

As misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines spreads, doctors across Canada say some patients are refusing blood transfusions from vaccinated donors, putting their health at risk.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-misinformation-prompts-some-patients-to-refuse-blood-transfusions-from-vaccinated-donors-1.6110333

6 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

As misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines spreads, doctors across Canada say some patients are refusing blood transfusions from vaccinated donors, putting their health at risk.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-misinformation-prompts-some-patients-to-refuse-blood-transfusions-from-vaccinated-donors-1.6110333

Sounds like bullshit to me and a convenient distraction from the Pfizer reveal where they admitted that they knew the vaccine would not stop the spread.

And yep, I'm vaccinated, but in no way am I a sheep to big pharma and their sponsored media. Liars be liars who care more for profit than health of people.

Edited by auslander

23 minutes ago, auslander said:

Sounds like bullshit to me and a convenient distraction from the Pfizer reveal where they admitted that they knew the vaccine would not stop the spread.

And yep, I'm vaccinated, but in no way am I a sheep to big pharma and their sponsored media. Liars be liars who care more for profit than health of people.

is that really a reveal?

I was pretty clear from the outset that the vaccines only gave you a certain % immunity against COVID which would wane pretty drastically over time.

If a recall Pfizer was good at the outset (90% ??) but then waned pretty badly to around 60-70% protection over 6-9 months.

I think Astra was worse at the outset but held up better.

Don't quote me on these figures cos I'm just guessing off top of head.

My point is it was made clear that the vaccines wouldn't stop of you getting it but would reduce spread and make the illness less severe.

it worked well in the UK when first rolled out and meant the country could open up.

But fared less well when Omicrom turned up cos that was super spreadable , but no one really cared by then cos it was more like a bad cold

3 hours ago, Glen said:

My point is it was made clear that the vaccines wouldn't stop of you getting it but would reduce spread and make the illness less severe.

Exactly, they claimed it would reduce spread. Now, they admit they knew it would not all along. Thus cost thousands of people their livelihoods as they lost jobs for refusing a vaccine which we now know did nothing to stop the spread. Sure it reduced symptoms but then why the panic if people didn't want it? If you had the vaccine you were still a spreader. And you are being a bit obtuse because you know yourself that all the health advice was that the vaccine would reduce the spread and it was a lie.

• Like 1