Corona

simo

On 4/6/2020 at 11:59 PM, Geoff said:

The leaders of our countries have not faced something like this any more than we have and I just not a fan of people being crucified by heroes with the wisdom of hindsight. For the record, I've had thoughts on how I thought things should have been done here and there, but never once been critical personally of what Scott Morrison (Aussie PM) is doing, even if I don't understand some of it. But whatever he's doing, and whatever bits he gets right of wrong, the guy's just doing what he can in a situation that's immeasurably fucked up. These guys don't want to see their people dying anymore than we do, and it'd be a decent touch to see people - christ forbid - show a bit of patriotism and do their bit to help their country get through this shit, rather than constantly bashing their president/leader.

WOW
Fan of our PM.
You don't understand it. (lol)
Show some patriotism! You, Calling for patritism?!?!? 
WOW

wah wah

On 4/21/2020 at 7:25 PM, Geoff said:

The reason we're doing the shit we're doing in Australia is so that masses of people don't die. We like our freedom every single bit as much as anyone else, but we also understand that some really drastic shit seems to be the only way to make a dent in this thing. 

Again, I've had issues with a lot of things in this whole thing, but obviously the greater the restrictions the better the results. 

Anyway, who knows? I assume the people protesting in the streets aren't the same people criticising Trump, but jeez it's a weird look. I truly hope for America's sake that this approach means it's over in the US sooner than later, but at the moment that is a pretty huge death toll by anyone's standards and as far as I know it's not slowing down. 

Just leave this here.
Interesting....

On 10/29/2020 at 9:03 PM, Geoff said:

No one is saying this thing is a minor thing that we should ignore... but how much longer do we put the world on hold? What if there is never a vaccine?

Well, you are.
And don't worry, there is a vaccine.

Feel the refief and relax, you can now get the jab you longed for :) 

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Cool,

wah wah

Mr Needles still hates his country.
And he still loves Belly2Belly
Cannot understand why you love that album so much.

Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

You've changed, man.
Why don't you care about the kids any more?

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

Well, you are.
And don't worry, there is a vaccine.

Feel the refief and relax, you can now get the jab you longed for :) 

So you're going into posts to get a date tag, retyping them and then replying to your edit? 

I'm sorry I called you petty and pathetic. This is actually very masculine and obviously absolutely hilarious. Plus it's an immensely valuable way to use your time. Wow.

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

So you're going into posts to get a date tag, retyping them and then replying to your edit? 

I'm sorry I called you petty and pathetic. This is actually very masculine and obviously absolutely hilarious. Plus it's an immensely valuable way to use your time. Wow.

Haha, they are your posts. Go to the date tag and see for yourself.

You think I have edited them because you can't believe you said these things.

Ooft, now it's a party.

🎉😝🎉

4 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Haha, they are your posts. Go to the date tag and see for yourself.

You think I have edited them because you can't believe you said these things.

Ooft, now it's a party.

🎉😝🎉

Yes, I will definitely do that. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yes, I will definitely do that. 

Have fun!

Everybody else here should also go check out these accurately quoted posts.

The contradictions, the hypocricy, the shame...

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Reading back posts from years ago to score points in a present argument is a pretty beta move. It's all pretty pointless now. For a while it was like grabbing a box of popcorn and watching this unfold, but now it's gotten cringey. Time to move on methinks.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, auslander said:

Reading back posts from years ago to score points in a present argument is a pretty beta move. It's all pretty pointless now. For a while it was like grabbing a box of popcorn and watching this unfold, but now it's gotten cringey. Time to move on methinks.

Spot on

2 hours ago, auslander said:

he did say it tho lol. ;)

and what's more in the same post he said he was actually enjoying lockdown 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Edited by Glen

3 hours ago, Glen said:

and what's more in the same post he said he was actually enjoying lockdown 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Those old posts are shocking...lol...but we do have the right to change our minds even if it seems to be a 180 degree change....

To be honest I'm afraid to check too far back on my posts because I have probably contradicted myself occasionally....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, auslander said:

I agree to a point but when you flip flop on a subject/position over a relatively short timespan, then you have the right to call it out....imo

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Have fun!

Everybody else here should also go check out these accurately quoted posts.

The contradictions, the hypocricy, the shame...

🤣🤣🤣

Haha, I love that my initial reaction was that you must have re-typed posts because me in April 2020 sounds like you in September 2022. lol.

Secondly, wow, I can't believe how much this actually means to you? You're really invested in this, aren't you? Again, like I say, astoundingly pathetic. I can see how proud you are of yourself in your posts. Your existence must be dreadful. :(

As for the posts, wow, cannot for the life of me think what may have happened in the last two and a half years that might have changed how I viewed things? Can't think of any events or information that has come to light that would alter things?

It's funny, though, as a lot of commentators I actually respect have mentioned how they were all-in in those first couple of month of the pandemic, and that they only changed their minds as they started seeing things unfold and I listened to them and thought how I thought it was all ridiculous from day one, but I guess we all got swept up in it at one point? I'm just glad I have evolved, compared to others still entrenched in April 2020. 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

I can't go back and read it now in the middle of typing a reply or I'll lose what I typed, but wasn't my enjoyment of the lockdown because no one was around when I was out and about not locking myself down? I was just looking at photos this week of outings with my kids in magnificent places with no crowds. Definitely wasn't unenjoyable for a couple of weeks, which is what I believe is all it was meant to be?  

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

I agree to a point but when you flip flop on a subject/position over a relatively short timespan, then you have the right to call it out....imo

I'm not sure if you're calling me out, or CTS, who will contradict himself in the space of two posts?

If you're referencing me, we're talking two and a half years ago and the beginning of what will be the biggest world event in our lifetime, with no info, compared to what we know now, and you see no cause for one to change their mind? In April 2020 we'd have been locked down for a couple of weeks to flatten the curve - no talk of masks, mandatory vaccines, actual real extended lockdowns, all for what turned out to be a common cold etc. 

I'd be much more concerned if I hadn't changed my mind. ;)

Still just shaking my head at CTS... haha, incredible. Keep digging, Scholar, who knows what else you may find!! Hope that was 3-4 hours of your life well spent (at least that I can tell in the posting timeline... who knows how long you actually spent on that?)

Fool Dork GIF by Living Puppets

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

ha ha gotta love Geoff squirming, even tho he'll claim he isn't.

And he'll bite at this post too cos he can't resist ;)

If by bite you mean I'll reply if addressed, that is what I do. 

I am certainly squirming with regard to what gets certain people excited. 

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

but it caused a 'pretty big death toll by anyone's standard' (quote Geoff April 2020)

😉👍

When I still trusted the media, to a degree, to report with some level of accuracy? Didn't take long for that illusion to be stripped away. 

I feel as stupid replying to this as you guys look, referencing what I said two and a half years ago. But as above, I feel an obligation to reply when I'm spoken to. 

4 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Gotta love you trying to pile on. 

And he was actually one of the guys I was referencing when I mentioned how I could argue with folk here but still respect them. Not looking so good at the moment, though, lol.  

I just can't imagine digging up someone's posts from two and a half years ago, on a subject such as covid, and speaking today as if everything is still how it was two and half years ago. Apart from it being really stupid, it's an incredibly embarrassing look. 

Again, it's like they don't have a valid point to argue now, so they need to rewind two and a half years? :(

I know I'm not doing myself any favours by replying, but when summoned, I appear. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Geoff said:

And he was actually one of the guys I was referencing when I mentioned how I could argue with folk here but still respect them. Not looking so good at the moment, though, lol.  

I just can't imagine digging up someone's posts from two and a half years ago, on a subject such as covid, and speaking today as if everything is still how it was two and half years ago. Apart from it being really stupid, it's an incredibly embarrassing look. 

Again, it's like they don't have a valid point to argue now, so they need to rewind two and a half years? :(

I know I'm not doing myself any favours by replying, but when summoned, I appear. 

I find that completely logical. 

Hell my posts pre-covid to almost death from covid to back to normal to covid round 2..... a whirlwind of different thoughts and opinions.

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

If by bite you mean I'll reply if addressed, that is what I do. 

I am certainly squirming with regard to what gets certain people excited. 

When I still trusted the media, to a degree, to report with some level of accuracy? Didn't take long for that illusion to be stripped away. 

I feel as stupid replying to this as you guys look, referencing what I said two and a half years ago. But as above, I feel an obligation to reply when I'm spoken to. 

so you now think the death toll is a lie. right on. 

Fact of the matter is at one point you were actually shocked by the death toll, now you just dismiss it - this has been my point all along, which you continually miss. 

Aus restrictions have gone on too long but you now dismiss everything as one big mistake. and belittle a virus which was devastating to many people and families.

That is what irks me

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Again, it's like they don't have a valid point to argue now

I have made my valid point over and over but you still never falter from your blinding vision that yr opinion is correct and the only way that everyone should think.

a bit sad really 

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

so you now think the death toll is a lie. right on. 

Fact of the matter is at one point you were actually shocked by the death toll, now you just dismiss it - this has been my point all along, which you continually miss. 

Aus restrictions have gone on too long but you now dismiss everything as one big mistake. and belittle a virus which was devastating to many people and families.

That is what irks me

Didn't we do this not even two days ago? The part where I mentioned with and from and 2.7 chronic illnesses etc? 

At the start of the pandemic, the media were spurting loads over footage of as much panic and mayhem as they could possibly find, demanding we all believe we were all going to die. 

Like I'm sure I said two days ago, it became very evident very quick that the virus was not great for a very clearly defined group of people and... well, just go back and read that one rather than me typing it again. I probably ended it in mentioning that the massively overwhelming of people who have had covid did not die. 

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

I have made my valid point over and over but you still never falter from your blinding vision that yr opinion is correct and the only way that everyone should think.

a bit sad really 

I'm not sure why you think I'm doing this, but you're not? Must be missing something again. I seem to be good at that. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Didn't we do this not even two days ago? The part where I mentioned with and from and 2.7 chronic illnesses etc? 

At the start of the pandemic, the media were spurting loads over footage of as much panic and mayhem as they could possibly find, demanding we all believe we were all going to die. 

Like I'm sure I said two days ago, it became very evident very quick that the virus was not great for a very clearly defined group of people and... well, just go back and read that one rather than me typing it again. I probably ended it in mentioning that the massively overwhelming of people who have had covid did not die. 

I'm not sure why you think I'm doing this, but you're not? Must be missing something again. I seem to be good at that. 

no not really. Quite often in the past on this forum I have read yr posts and thought a bit differently. But you my friend have never ever once changed your viewpoint on any matter (including music) in the whole 16 yrs I've been on this forum.

No matter. I'll leave you to crack on with CTS