Corona

simo

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

So basically, 2019 has been restored to Canada?

Not exactly... Not to wander off-topic, but Trudeau has just used the Uvalde, Texas shooting as an excuse to instantly ban the sale, purchase, or transfer of all guns in the entire country of Canada, including family heirlooms, meaning that upon death they must be surrendered for destruction; they cannot pass to next of kin. Only exception is for "Olympic shooting" (not any other sporting competitions though... Olympics only). So if you currently own a gun you can keep it, but you cannot sell it or trade it to anyone, and when you die, the government takes possession. You can't buy one anymore, so within 2 generations, all guns will be gone from Canada.

Then you've got our Senile Idiot in Chief, stating that 9mm is an "unnecessary high calibre round" implying he wants to ban them. It's amazing how the people writing anti-gun laws don't know a fucking thing about them. 9mm is the most popular handgun calibre in the U.S., constituting 40% of all handguns sold. I own three myself. 9mm is anything but high calibre. Might as well call .22 a high calibre round.

Fucking overreaching, grandstanding morons.

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Shitballs, really? Clear a space in your basement my good man, 'cause I'm coming to stay. And them I'm coming to stay at your place. 

Seriously, though, I thought Canada was almost as bad as Australia / New Zealand. So masks are no longer required on any public transport, and planes? Not in hospitals or doctor's surgeries? No more quarantine for positive cases? No more covid tests anymore? What did you guys do with them all? Where'd the end up? So obviously there's no tests required for outgoing or incoming travellers now? All travel restrictions completely wiped? Nice, my man. And your government just called off all the chasing up of people either involved in, or donating to the truckers convoy? That's all been dropped too? Hectic. No one's being denied a job because of their vaccines status anymore and children across the entire country are allowed to participate in any and all sports they wish to, without any vaccination required whatsover? I'm genuinely surprised this all changed so "quick," but lucky you guys. Well done. 

So basically, 2019 has been restored to Canada? I feel a bit stupid (I say that like it's something new, different or fresh, lol) because I thought Canada was still shithouse, but I'll take your word for it that all restrictions have been lifted completely. I thought only a few select countries in Europe had taken this stance, but well done Canada. An ounce of my respect has been restored. Well, not really. I refuse to be one of these cunts that just ignore what happened over the last few years. The restrictions in Canada were as criminal as the worst of any country on the planet over the past few years, but full current respect for dropping all covid restrictions completely. Well done, Canada. 

most of the world is restriction free I think you'll find 

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 minutes ago, Glen said:

most of the world is restriction free I think you'll find 

Yep totally back to normal, it's like it never happened, though there are still the odd fuckin nutjob wearing masks.

Off to Rhodes in 5 weeks to chill between a pool and a beach, can't wait 😎🍺 

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Not exactly... Not to wander off-topic, but Trudeau has just used the Uvalde, Texas shooting as an excuse to instantly ban the sale, purchase, or transfer of all guns in the entire country of Canada, including family heirlooms, meaning that upon death they must be surrendered for destruction; they cannot pass to next of kin. Only exception is for "Olympic shooting" (not any other sporting competitions though... Olympics only). So if you currently own a gun you can keep it, but you cannot sell it or trade it to anyone, and when you die, the government takes possession. You can't buy one anymore, so within 2 generations, all guns will be gone from Canada.

Then you've got our Senile Idiot in Chief, stating that 9mm is an "unnecessary high calibre round" implying he wants to ban them. It's amazing how the people writing anti-gun laws don't know a fucking thing about them. 9mm is the most popular handgun calibre in the U.S., constituting 40% of all handguns sold. I own three myself. 9mm is anything but high calibre. Might as well call .22 a high calibre round.

The new regulations will ban the sale or transfer of handguns , not all guns but it is still ridiculous legislation from a fucking moron....also all guns would have to have their magazines altered to have no more than 5 rounds.....they will have to come knock on my door to get me to alter my guns for our fucking asshole PM....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

so glad I already live in a country which has no guns whatsoever.

Strange thing is in all my 52 years on this planet I've never been threatened on a street, never felt unsafe in my home or burgled, and my kids have never felt unsafe at school or had to do silly shooter drills.

I therefore see no reason for any citizen to own a gun (except for recreation like hunting or shooting ranges, which basically no one does in the UK 🤣🤣)

Literally no one I know owns a gun, talks about guns or even thinks about guns.

Just seems like a much better society to live in imo. 🤷‍♂️

My best friend is vaccinated and boosted. He was scheduled to have nasal surgery a few weeks ago, in which he had to go to 3 hospitals for bloodwork, pre-op, and to see his regular doctor. But the day before his surgery, he got covid and the flu at the same time. He was extremely ill for 4 days, thinking he was dying. Nobody he works with gave it to him and nobody he knows gave it to him. You would think at this point hospitals/doctors' offices would be safe but it's safe to assume one of these places is where he contracted Corona and influenza. 

He didn't test negative for covid until about 7 or 8 days later. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Strange thing is in all my 52 years on this planet I've never been threatened on a street, never felt unsafe in my home or burgled, and my kids have never felt unsafe at school or had to do silly shooter drills.

I therefore see no reason for any citizen to own a gun (except for recreation like hunting or shooting ranges, which basically no one does in the UK 🤣🤣)

"I feel perfectly safe without guns, therefore no one else anywhere should be allowed to own guns."

Allrightythen...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

The new regulations will ban the sale or transfer of handguns , not all guns but it is still ridiculous legislation from a fucking moron....also all guns would have to have their magazines altered to have no more than 5 rounds.....they will have to come knock on my door to get me to alter my guns for our fucking asshole PM....

A shooting thousands of miles away in another country by someone using a semi-automatic rifle. Solution? Ban all handguns!

Wait, what?

Trudeau has been sitting on this legislation for who knows how long, just waiting for the perfect excuse to pounce.

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Glen said:

Congratulations!  Do you feel better now that you've got that off of your chest?

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

"I feel perfectly safe without guns, therefore no one else anywhere should be allowed to own guns."

Allrightythen...

no one needs a gun.

subtle difference ;)

15 minutes ago, Metal T said:

Congratulations!  Do you feel better now that you've got that off of your chest?

I dunno do you?

Or do feel better in a society where everyone feels they need a gun?

I know what I prefer ;)

50 minutes ago, Glen said:

no one needs a gun.

subtle difference ;)

You're joking, right?

Maybe it's different in the UK, but here at least, there are people that live in very remote areas that you NEED to be able to defend yourself as there is no police presence. The UK is TINY compared to how spread out the US is.

Additionally, even if you live in an urban area, if you live in a high crime area or poor neighborhood, the police response time may be measured in hours, not minutes.

Stop projecting your values and personal circumstances onto everyone else. Not everybody lives in your exact situation. Your need for defense or lack thereof doesn't mean that others' needs are identical. Just because you don't need or want guns to exist because you don't personally find a reason for them doesn't make it so.

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, auslander said:

'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.'

Yep.

I'm sure we would love to live in an ice cream and lolly pop world where everybody respects everyone else and there would be no need for weapons of any kind.

Unfortunately, we don't. 

Take away all guns, then knives and swords would be the order of the day.

We're animals!

Even Glen, and I'm not having a go mate, but even you must have some strategically placed "weapon" in your home or car. Cricket/Baseball bat for example, just in case.

In my 50 years on this miserable Earth, I've come to the comclusion that maybe we should all be armed.

Criminals and crack pots are gonna get guns no matter what legislation is put in place.

Maybe, instead of an "anti gun" mindset, a "pro gun/self defence" mindset should be adopted.

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yep.

I'm sure we would love to live in an ice cream and lolly pop world where everybody respects everyone else and there would be no need for weapons of any kind.

Unfortunately, we don't. 

Take away all guns, then knives and swords would be the order of the day.

We're animals!

Even Glen, and I'm not having a go mate, but even you must have some strategically placed "weapon" in your home or car. Cricket/Baseball bat for example, just in case.

In my 50 years on this miserable Earth, I've come to the comclusion that maybe we should all be armed.

Criminals and crack pots are gonna get guns no matter what legislation is put in place.

Maybe, instead of an "anti gun" mindset, a "pro gun/self defence" mindset should be adopted.

no, no & no. 

Sorry mate but it's just not like that here.

I have no strategically placed 'weapon' as you call it, and neither does anyone else I know. Doesn't even cross our minds.

As I said, I'm glad I live in the UK where none of this is an issue - I'm not saying every part of the UK is perfect and sure there are estates where crime is higher and people may keep bats under their beds but for the most part it's just not like this.

So you lot keep your guns and your unsafe society / country cos its your own making. 

And you're all gonna reply and say I have no idea what I'm talking about and the US is special and you have special needs for guns etc etc but correct me I'm wrong but no doubt Australia has very remote areas with no police response and doesn't appear to be an issue for them with no guns?? 

But you crack on, if guns is what you want, fine. Me , I'll stick in the UK. Its part of what makes it a better place to live 

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Criminals and crack pots are gonna get guns no matter what legislation is put in place

not really either. Armed (gun) crime is extremely low in the UK 

quote :

The gun homicide rate in England and Wales is about one for every 1 million people, according to the Geneva Declaration of Armed Violence and Development, a multinational organization based in Switzerland.

........so that less that 100 each year. 

Look at you guys ruining this peaceful corona thread. 

I've never entered a gun thread for very good reason and it's unfortunate to see it infiltrate this thread of peace and harmony. 

As an Australian, I really have no opinion on the whole gun thing as I have no "skin in the game," so to speak. All I know is my children are 9 and 7 years old (the age groups targeted in the last mass shooting in the US) and I can actually think of nothing worse that could happen in a lifetime than sending your children off to school one thoughtless morning and finding out they'd been shot and killed there, and you'll never see them again. Just cannot fathom what that does to the people left behind. 

So I'm not going to get into it because it's not my country and in Australia, like Glen says of the UK (and why I don't believe we have a place in these discussions), it's not an issue and as much as I hate Australia even more after the last couple of pages, maybe it's at least one thing that's not so bad about this place. But I've never made a business on this forum of getting in discussions that don't affect me personally. I think covid is the first time I've really got too deep into this off-topic stuff at all, bar the religious stuff through the years. 

But I am actually a bit mulletted after this thread. So is Australia pretty much officially the shittest country, of "western culture," left in the world? 

So nowhere else in the world are masks mandated for public transport and flying? No masks required in hospitals and doctor surgeries... and in my workplace, lol, a pathology company? No RAT tests required before travel? Proof of vaccination not required in certain instances, such as hospitals? And if I believe correctly, vaccination certificates are still required to enter a simple eatery in QLD (Directly reported from friends who were there a few weeks ago). And I'm sure this is still the same in WA, probably even other states in Australia? No more isolation / quarantine required for positive results around the world? I know in Australia people are still out of work over their vaccination status... but nowhere else in the world? No case numbers mentioned anymore either? Still mad about it here, I heard this morning, on a 5 second lapse of concentration between turning off radio and putting my tunes on in the car. 

I'm amazed, and my hatred for this cunthole country has only intensified. I've been asking certain political figures via email if the mask thing is permanent now because I don't understand what even the dumbest of these cunts are waiting for next to lift the mask mandates. What could it be? Genuinely have no idea. 

But yeah, unbelievable. Didn't realise we were basically alone now in this cuntery. Fuck Australia, long, hard and proper.  

And if you think I'm taking the piss, out fo curiosity, here's the WA guidelines, from June 2022, not 2020-

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus/covid-19-coronavirus-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Haha, I thought it would be worse over there, but just checked NSW (my state) and it's every bit as bad-

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules/people-in-nsw

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel-restrictions/international-travel-rules

I know people will have a whinge at my saying how much I hate this country, but until these pages don't even exist, as it seems they do no elsewhere in the world, I cannot abide by this level of panicked idiocy which just doesn't want to let up. You can say all you want, but it is pure, insane stupidity. The thing that blew my mind after a quick glance is that QR codes are still required in places other than hospitals (which is already insane enough). Fuck I hate this place. Same thing happens every week. I have a good weekend away from the garbage, and get back on the train tomorrow morning for 99% of people in masks, QR codes at hospitals, locked down Nursing Homes, masks required in every building I enter for the next five days and just pure panic everywhere, in June 2022. By christ do I love Sydney. What a cesspool. 

I'm with you on the gun matter, doesn't even enter thinking, so I've said my bit and will not comment further. As you say it's a different culture and mind set. Just glad I'm not a part of it.

As for Corona rules, I think you need to prove a negative test prior to international travel but to be honest I'm not sure as haven't flown since before COVID.

also you might need to wear a mask in a hospital or care home but again not sure.

other than that there are no restrictions. 

Edited by Glen

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm with you on the gun matter, doesn't even enter thinking, so I've said my bit and will not comment further. As you say it's a different culture and mind set. Just glad I'm not a part of it.

As for Corona rules, I think you need to prove a negative test prior to international travel but to be honest I'm not sure as haven't flown since before COVID.

also you might need to wear a mask in a hospital or care home but again not sure.

other than that there are no restrictions. 

October 2019 was my last holiday anywhere, internationally (as it was) or domestically. I have absolutely zero doubt that it is a major reason for the state of my mind over the last couple of years. Admittedly it's not all covid induced in the last few months (wife changing jobs, leave days reset etc.) but most of it is. As long as covid tests are required, I couldn't book an international holiday. My son got covid on the first Saturday of the last school holidays which obviously ruined those holidays completely (not my son - covid restrictions). But I can't not think, what if we were booked to fly out to an international destination on the Sunday on a $5000 holiday? 

For me, until absolutely everything is gone - all covid restrictions completely disappeared, I still can't entertain an international holiday. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Some of us find the whole King and Queen sh!t over in the UK pretty goofy,yet you don't see us running around the board b!tching about...Guns are part of the American landscape like apple pie and basesball - they ain't going nowhere.

I believe that in a free country gun ownership should be allowed....however there needs to be some rules, regulations and common sense laws governing how and where they can be used...and those rules should prevent lunatics from getting a gun and going to their local school to kill children!

11 minutes ago, Metal T said:

Some of us find the whole King and Queen sh!t over in the UK pretty goofy,yet you don't see us running around the board b!tching about...Guns are part of the American landscape like apple pie and basesball - they ain't going nowhere.

that's the beauty of an open forum, and flamefest,  you bitch about whatever you like ;)

I'm glad they are a part of yours and not ours :)

Guns, apple pie & baseball ️ lol. Do you even know how ridiculous those 3 things sound together 🙄

Edited by Glen

1 minute ago, Dead Planet said:

I believe that in a free country gun ownership should be allowed....however there needs to be some rules, regulations and common sense laws governing how and where they can be used...and those rules should prevent lunatics from getting a gun and going to their local school to kill children!

but that's the difference. no one in the UK, cares about guns, thinks about guns, or wants a gun. It's just a different culture and much better imo ;)

8 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I agree in theory... but the problem is that gun laws, rules, and regulations only affect people that follow laws to begin with. Making laws more strict while not actually enforcing laws already on the books only serves to impact already law-abiding citizens.

The media and politicians are focused solely on the guns, as if the guns pull their own triggers, whereas in 100% of these mass shooting incidents, the perpetrator had SERIOUS mental issues, and in the vast majority of cases people and authorities knew about it, saw warning signs, yet did nothing.

Maybe the focus should be more on mental health treatment than confiscating guns.

When someone gets into a driving-while-intoxicated crash and people die, we get them sobriety assistance, take away THEIR vehicle, and incarcerate them. We don't immediately start banning cars and suing Ford and Chrysler.

We focus on the tools because it fits a political narrative; like race, no one is actually interested in solving the problem, just scoring political points and pushing their favorite agenda.

Bleagh.

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

but that's the difference. no one in the UK except for Glen, cares about guns, thinks about guns, or wants a gun. It's just a different culture and much better imo ;)

Fixed it for you.