Corona

simo

23 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

The Canadian government sat on their hands for 3 weeks before doing anything because they hoped the whole situation would go away without them sticking their necks out and actually dealing with it....only when the majority of Canadians had had enough of the bullshit did they finally act....not my idea of politicians drooling over the opportunity to be autocratic...

Did you actually watch any of the live footage from Ottowa from those on the ground? What was actually happening was a far cry from the way in which the mainstream media and Trudeau portrayed it. The only violence that occurred was done by the police forces upon the protestors.

While the truck honking may have been an annoyance, as well as the disruption of traffic, the actual behavior of the protestors was utterly mischaracterized. Oh no, they set up bouncy castles for their kids to play in, the horror.

This was a far cry from the BLM/Antifa riots and looting that happened here (which the powers that be condoned as "peaceful protest", mind you).

What occurred in Canada was literally the opposite of what happened down here.

Watch some of the onsite footage on Youtube from journalists like Viva Frei, etc. You'll get a very different impression from what has been in the "news".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Did you actually watch any of the live footage from Ottowa from those on the ground? What was actually happening was a far cry from the way in which the mainstream media and Trudeau portrayed it. The only violence that occurred was done by the police forces upon the protestors.

While the truck honking may have been an annoyance, as well as the disruption of traffic, the actual behavior of the protestors was utterly mischaracterized. Oh no, they set up bouncy castles for their kids to play in, the horror.

This was a far cry from the BLM/Antifa riots and looting that happened here (which the powers that be condoned as "peaceful protest", mind you).

What occurred in Canada was literally the opposite of what happened down here.

Watch some of the onsite footage on Youtube from journalists like Viva Frei, etc. You'll get a very different impression from what has been in the "news".

The protesters were given about a weeks warning that the police would be moving in to remove the blockades and they stayed because they wanted a confrontation....depending on what film you watch , you will either see the terrible police or the terrible protesters as all of the coverage these days is colored by politics......the reality is that the protesters refused to leave and the police had to move in and I have no doubt that some protesters spit and threw punches and no cop I have heard of will stand for that kind of shit so they responded with whatever they had handy and the cops were better prepared for this situation....

It was a lot more than a few truck horns that galvanized the politicians to act. Most people don't realize it but the area around the parliament bldgs is actually quite suburban with a lot of people living and working in that area...so not only were their lives turned upside down (side streets blocked where people had homes) but most businesses were forced to close including the Rideau Mall ,throwing a lot of people out of work with no pay....what about the people who had no jobs throughout this protest, don't they have rights? What about the people who couldn't get their kids to school or get to a grocery store? What about the people who had to deal with racist shit from 'some' of the protesters in their own neighborhood?

And there was a large uptick in other criminal acts in the area, desecration of the Canadian war memorial (people defecated on it ffs)....2 lowlifes tried to burn down an apartment bldg, people were assaulted....I have no doubt the majority of protesters were not running around committing illegal acts but that shit was happening nevertheless .... the government had to act and I have yet to see situations like this where you have entrenched protesters confronting the police where there wasn't at least some violence...usually both sides take equal blame....

Personally I believe that protests like this should be viewed apolitically and all treated the same...fair is fair and fairness is in short supply these days it seems....

And finally if those protesters had not brought trucks and cars and blockaded streets, they could have had their protest and still be there....

I have a problem when rampant violence and other criminal acts on the part of the Left is condoned if not outright supported by governemnts and state authorities because "muhsocial justice" but when it's on the opposite side of the political spectrum, the hammer comes down.

I realize that it's two different countries so different laws and policies apply, but even the fundraising efforts on behalf of the protests are being handled disparately. GoFundMe and GiveSendGo campaigns on behalf of the truckers have been shut down, with DONORS being threatened with having accounts shut down and funds confisacted, but campaigns to raise money for rioters bail and legal expenses during COVID was allowed to run unchecked.

Fairness went out the window a long time ago.

P.S. Justin Trudeau is still a tyrannical cunt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

I have a problem when rampant violence and other criminal acts on the part of the Left is condoned if not outright supported by governemnts and state authorities because "muhsocial justice" but when it's on the opposite side of the political spectrum, the hammer comes down.

I realize that it's two different countries so different laws and policies apply, but even the fundraising efforts on behalf of the protests are being handled disparately. GoFundMe and GiveSendGo campaigns on behalf of the truckers have been shut down, with DONORS being threatened with having accounts shut down and funds confisacted, but campaigns to raise money for rioters bail and legal expenses during COVID was allowed to run unchecked.

Fairness went out the window a long time ago.

P.S. Justin Trudeau is still a tyrannical cunt.

Once again , it doesn't surprise me they went after these peoples funding and support....if they had stuck to protesting in Ottawa, maybe it would have been different but when you close borders and effect millions of dollars in trade, well that kind of money has power and influence (it was effecting both the US and Canada) so they had to act with every tool at their disposal.....at least the left wing in the US was not foolish enough to challenge the countries economic health with their protests.....

My biggest issue with protests in general is that people support or hate a particular protest because of their political viewpoints not because of any merit the protest may have....

• Like 1

But the protest in Ottawa didn't shut down the entire U.S.-Canada border. The problem with an "ends justify the means" analysis or implementation of force is that it is a very slippery slope and sets dangerous precedent. Perhaps that's something that is only concerning from a U.S. perspective, as we tend to be overly protective of individual freedoms and are wary of the "nose under the camel's tent" phenomenon. "If they had stuck to protesting in Ottowa"... "if they had stuck to protesting on the east side of town"... "if they had stuck to protesting in these four blocks"... what is the threshold? How large is too large or how small is small enough for these sorts of tactics to be employed vs. not?

Furthermore, by going after those who donated in support of a cause, this is inherently a violation of freedom of speech. Donating to a cause is a means of showing support, hence speech. The state pursuing people who make donations to support causes has a chilling effect of certain viewpoints being deemed allowable by the state.

What went on in Canada should be very concerning, no matter which end of the ideological spectrum you live on. Canada is not in reality as free of a country as was commonly thought a month or two ago.

10 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

But the protest in Ottawa didn't shut down the entire U.S.-Canada border. The problem with an "ends justify the means" analysis or implementation of force is that it is a very slippery slope and sets dangerous precedent. Perhaps that's something that is only concerning from a U.S. perspective, as we tend to be overly protective of individual freedoms and are wary of the "nose under the camel's tent" phenomenon. "If they had stuck to protesting in Ottowa"... "if they had stuck to protesting on the east side of town"... "if they had stuck to protesting in these four blocks"... what is the threshold? How large is too large or how small is small enough for these sorts of tactics to be employed vs. not?

Furthermore, by going after those who donated in support of a cause, this is inherently a violation of freedom of speech. Donating to a cause is a means of showing support, hence speech. The state pursuing people who make donations to support causes has a chilling effect of certain viewpoints being deemed allowable by the state.

What went on in Canada should be very concerning, no matter which end of the ideological spectrum you live on. Canada is not in reality as free of a country as was commonly thought a month or two ago.

In a democracy it is all about balance, you cannot allow a minority of people to hold the economy of any country hostage and while they didn't close every cross border path they did enough to cause economic pain which is wrong....you have to make the hard decisions on how far you will allow people to go to uphold their 'freedoms'....personally I have no problem with our government dealing with this situation as they decided that the concerns of the many overrode the concerns and protests of the few....

Do I think they should have gone after the little backers of the protests? No I do not....and I seriously doubt that anything substantial will happen to those individuals...you can probably say they overstepped to some degree....but as is normal with governments, they always seem to have no real plan when it comes to situations like this....

Good, Covids all over with, LOL

4 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Good, Covids all over with, LOL

Haha, said it months ago that the pandemic ends when we want it to end. Sadly, no sign of any end here yet. Still a $500 fine for no mask on a train. 

And I'm just going to say... But this country is filled with complete fucking morons. Masks no longer mandated in a lot of settings, but you think that stops these fucking mush brained zombie cunts wearing them inside, outside, in cars... Nope. I just hate people so, so much. And it isn't everyone, I must be clear. But still the majority.

Sadly, I still honestly believe that  Australia is made up mostly of people who don't want covid to be over. I truly believe that. There's opportunity to start to put it behind us, but so much desire to keep masks on and keep the fear front and central. Absolute, complete fucking morons. And now the prolonged fear of this stupid thing is going to fuck up the footy season too, lol. Just fuck off. 

And what would happen if every single restriction was dropped nationwide tomorrow? Absolutely nothing at all. It'd be the same kind of day as it will be, with all the idiotic restrictions, so why the fuck are we still clinging onto this thing? A country of absolute brain-dead cunts!

Is the answer. 

Got told last week I'll need my booster to keep my job too. Incredible. Just hoping that one passes by... 

21 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, said it months ago that the pandemic ends when we want it to end. Sadly, no sign of any end here yet. Still a $500 fine for no mask on a train. 

And I'm just going to say... But this country is filled with complete fucking morons. Masks no longer mandated in a lot of settings, but you think that stops these fucking mush brained zombie cunts wearing them inside, outside, in cars... Nope. I just hate people so, so much. And it isn't everyone, I must be clear. But still the majority.

Sadly, I still honestly believe that  Australia is made up mostly of people who don't want covid to be over. I truly believe that. There's opportunity to start to put it behind us, but so much desire to keep masks on and keep the fear front and central. Absolute, complete fucking morons. And now the prolonged fear of this stupid thing is going to fuck up the footy season too, lol. Just fuck off. 

And what would happen if every single restriction was dropped nationwide tomorrow? Absolutely nothing at all. It'd be the same kind of day as it will be, with all the idiotic restrictions, so why the fuck are we still clinging onto this thing? A country of absolute brain-dead cunts!

Is the answer. 

Got told last week I'll need my booster to keep my job too. Incredible. Just hoping that one passes by... 

Well soon as you get pulled into the bullshit going on with Russia, it will go away, magically, it's the damnedest thing, and it's only a matter of time b4 Australia is sucked into it, it's inevitable, if we'd known war was the cure, I'm sure they would've started it along time ago.

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Well soon as you get pulled into the bullshit going on with Russia, it will go away, magically, it's the damnedest thing, and it's only a matter of time b4 Australia is sucked into it, it's inevitable, if we'd known war was the cure, I'm sure they would've started it along time ago.

People always seem to underestimate how dumb this country is. I'm almost certain that the majority of Australians will still be scared shitless of covid by the time the next pandemic comes around. 

If you ever doubt any of this, just read the latest on Western Australia. As much as I have loved this country, it is a dumb, dumb fucking country. Absolutely guarantee that covid will still be a thing here on New Years Day 2023. At very least... 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

People always seem to underestimate how dumb this country is. I'm almost certain that the majority of Australians will still be scared shitless of covid by the time the next pandemic comes around. 

If you ever doubt any of this, just read the latest on Western Australia. As much as I have loved this country, it is a dumb, dumb fucking country. Absolutely guarantee that covid will still be a thing here on New Years Day 2023. At very least... 

IDK bro, the war has made it magically disappear, it's almost comedic, BTW whats up in Western Australia? I haven't talked to my buddies over there, matter of fact, the one I did talk to was trying to come back here, lol, guess i dodged a bullet on that one, it really sucks, cause it's the one place I truly wanted to go, not many option 2's.

BTW, is everybody other then Australia seeing how deadly and dangerous covid is? it's almost insulting

41 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

IDK bro, the war has made it magically disappear, it's almost comedic, BTW whats up in Western Australia? I haven't talked to my buddies over there, matter of fact, the one I did talk to was trying to come back here, lol, guess i dodged a bullet on that one, it really sucks, cause it's the one place I truly wanted to go, not many option 2's.

Western Australia apparently opened it's borders again this week, but why anyone would want to go there, I have no fucking idea. I'm honestly not across it all, but as far as I understand it, they're still balls deep in restrictions... even more so than the east coast, which is still far too pathetic for my liking. 

It's all an absolute disgrace. Why these cunts aren't held accountable and forced to show reasoning for all their moronic restrictions still in place, I will never understand. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Western Australia apparently opened it's borders again this week, but why anyone would want to go there, I have no fucking idea. I'm honestly not across it all, but as far as I understand it, they're still balls deep in restrictions... even more so than the east coast, which is still far too pathetic for my liking. 

It's all an absolute disgrace. Why these cunts aren't held accountable and forced to show reasoning for all their moronic restrictions still in place, I will never understand. 

It's because the dickheads in WA are governed by an absolute knob. Because of their closed borders they haven't been exposed until they are now (as everyone told them they would be eventually) so now they are way behind the rest of the country and copping it hard, hence panic and restrictions.

43 minutes ago, auslander said:

It's because the dickheads in WA are governed by an absolute knob. Because of their closed borders they haven't been exposed until they are now (as everyone told them they would be eventually) so now they are way behind the rest of the country and copping it hard, hence panic and restrictions.

I honestly cannot fathom how that guy got where he has in life. Meek, pathetic, cowering, scared piece of shit, is he. I read somewhere that WA is 95.6% double vaccinated. And he's still acting like the black death is about to sweep his state. 

I just generally despise how much people have allowed, and still allow themselves to be scared of all this fucking garbage, and in the mean time, drag us all into their cowardice. :(

Obviously there are people that have financially benefitted from everything that has happened and at least I "get" their motives to drive all of this. But it's the absolute morons, like Mark McGowan, being driven by nothing more than stupidity and fear, that have allowed it to get where it is today. Not an ounce of real world awareness, does this guy possess. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

They will continue to beat everyone with the Covid-stick...now they got a War-stick to beat us with...

All the while telling you who to trust,who you should support and on and on...dare to question how our tax money is being spent over in Eastern Europe and we're 'stooges for Putin'....I talk to people everyday they care about gas prices,the southern border,inflation and getting back to normal living.,,,not this 'Were all Ukranian'  bullsh!t.Yeah lets take some Vodka off the shelf and dump perfectly good alcohol on the ground that'll show Putin....:wacko:

• 2 months later...

Out of curiosity, is this over for everyone else, or is it just a common acceptance that the misery is permanent? 

I actually want to slice people's throats when I hear people say that everything is back to normal, which to me just means they've accepted everything that is not at all "back to normal" because they're already so conditioned to it that it just seems normal now. 

It is June 2022 and from the moment I arrive at the train station in the morning, it is mandatory that I must wear a face mask for the next nine and a half hours of my day, in June 2022. For what reason the maggots are still trying to press, I will leave up to you. I honestly believe they don't even need a reason anymore and their reason honestly is, "well they're all just fucking idiots so they'll just do it anyway, so why change anything?" It's the only way I can see how this continues. 

To me, as someone with half a mind, I look at Australia and to me it looks like covid was the best time in Australian history, and most mindless maggots want to keep it alive as much as possible because it was such a good time. Where masks are not mandatory, the braindead idiots of Australia have made them mandatory. I still see people checking into places. People recoiling when I am near them without my stupid fucking mask. Countless pieces of shit driving alone in their car with a mask, or walking alone on empty streets with one on. 

Is it like this elsewhere... are there actually places on earth that have moved on from this, properly, or is everywhere still like this shithole of a country? 

Not to the same degree, nor as formalized, but I think certain elements will be with us forever. Masks are mandatory in any hospital or physician's office. There are those who remain masked 24-7, I'm not sure whether it's because they're unvaccinated, high-risk, or have bought into the whole new mask regime. The most annoying are masked people who give you the stink-eye because you're not still masked. Fuck off already.

7 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Not to the same degree, nor as formalized, but I think certain elements will be with us forever. Masks are mandatory in any hospital or physician's office. There are those who remain masked 24-7, I'm not sure whether it's because they're unvaccinated, high-risk, or have bought into the whole new mask regime. The most annoying are masked people who give you the stink-eye because you're not still masked. Fuck off already.

Yep, that's why it's hard in my mind. I've obviously never worn a mask because I actually have some kind of excuse for a brain. But I'm one of only three guys in our entire "team" downstairs that do not partake in the mask idiocy and today I was handed a mask and told to put it on in certain areas of the workplace because apparently some fucking maggots from another department are concerned that some of us aren't wearing masks. And I just honestly do not comprehend. How can it possibly be, in June 2022, that this is an issue for anyone? If you're sitting there with your 18 vaccines and boosters and your stupid fucking mask, how are people still so mind-blowingly stupid that they are concerned about what someone else is doing with or without a mask on their face? It's these inconceivable things that highlight how stupid this virus made, well, pretty much everyone. 

It's also fresh this week because someone asked me for proof of vaccine this week too. I actually wanted to snap her neck. I got very short with her and made a miniature scene as I had no idea where to locate the stupid fucking shit on my phone, and hadn't been asked for over a year for this sort of shit, but now it's starting again? I know she was following orders, but it doesn't ease the pure, red anger. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yep, that's why it's hard in my mind. I've obviously never worn a mask because I actually have some kind of excuse for a brain. But I'm one of only three guys in our entire "team" downstairs that do not partake in the mask idiocy and today I was handed a mask and told to put it on in certain areas of the workplace because apparently some fucking maggots from another department are concerned that some of us aren't wearing masks. And I just honestly do not comprehend. How can it possibly be, in June 2022, that this is an issue for anyone? If you're sitting there with your 18 vaccines and boosters and your stupid fucking mask, how are people still so mind-blowingly stupid that they are concerned about what someone else is doing with or without a mask on their face? It's these inconceivable things that highlight how stupid this virus made, well, pretty much everyone. 

It's also fresh this week because someone asked me for proof of vaccine this week too. I actually wanted to snap her neck. I got very short with her and made a miniature scene as I had no idea where to locate the stupid fucking shit on my phone, and hadn't been asked for over a year for this sort of shit, but now it's starting again? I know she was following orders, but it doesn't ease the pure, red anger. 

Geez I haven't worn a mask for months, Geoff. The woman who operates the corner store in my town still wears a mask and everyone thinks she's a dickhead. I occasionally see a few losers wearing them when I visit a nearby bigger town for groceries, but it's rare. One good thing about the non-mandatory mask wearers is it makes it easy to tell who the lunatics are who are best avoided.

• 2023 Gold Donors
26 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

The most annoying are masked people who give you the stink-eye because you're not still masked. Fuck off already

What's most annoying to me are people who aren't vaccinated but either sneeze or cough and feel the need to loudly announce " It's not Covid , I don't have Covid, not everything's Covid, etc... Just shut up already !

• Thanks 1