Corona

simo

45 minutes ago, Glen said:

in other news England just dropped everything. Don't even have to isolate anymore 

But you still need tests to enter the country, yes?

Are masks no longer enforced in any setting at all?

13 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Maryland just did the same. Only Baltimore City, where I live, has a mask mandate. 

I think most of the US states are also lifting mask mandates.

we've got no restrictions at all. You don't have to isolate if you've got it and they've binned flow tests 😳

we are like the complete opposite of Australia lol 😆 

• Haha 1

Just now, Glen said:

we've got no restrictions at all. You don't have to isolate if you've got it and they've binned flow tests 😳

Damn. That's crazy! 

They've completed done a 180 on it here. Numbers way down.

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Damn. That's crazy! 

They've completed done a 180 on it here. Numbers way down.

It's not crazy at all. What's happened until this point has been crazy. 

And still is, in shittier parts of the world. :(

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

It's not crazy at all. What's happened until this point has been crazy. 

And still is, in shittier parts of the world. :(

I would have preferred the cases to be a bit lower. I mean there's still like 40K cases a day. Personally I don't want it, I know loads of people with long COVID. My son still can't smell anything after 3 months. That's pretty crap imo. And from what I've read he might never get his smell back as the nerves could be damaged. Not that we've told him that :(

LOL, really you never had to do anything, I mean I haven't done a fucking thing they said, cause as you all know, I NEVER FUCKING BELIEVED THEM!!! granted, I got the shit twice, still bugged I never got Delta, it will go down in history as I was never able to get the complete set, but interesting the way the dynamic switched almost overnight has to make you scratch your head.

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 hours ago, Glen said:

I'm trying to think of a witty reply, but the beers are kicking in.

I'll get back to you.

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, Glen said:

Yeah, when it comes to being AWESOME!

Nailed it.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

LOL, really you never had to do anything, I mean I haven't done a fucking thing they said, cause as you all know, I NEVER FUCKING BELIEVED THEM!!! granted, I got the shit twice, still bugged I never got Delta, it will go down in history as I was never able to get the complete set, but interesting the way the dynamic switched almost overnight has to make you scratch your head.

you don't believe in a pandemic which 1000s of scientists across the globe tell you is real but you believe in a rigged election which one deluded moron tells you is real 🤣🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, Glen said:

I would have preferred the cases to be a bit lower. I mean there's still like 40K cases a day. Personally I don't want it, I know loads of people with long COVID. My son still can't smell anything after 3 months. That's pretty crap imo. And from what I've read he might never get his smell back as the nerves could be damaged. Not that we've told him that :(

Genuinely sorry to hear about your son. Hoping, and also honestly believing, he'll come good. 

But you're saying you don't want all restrictions dismissed? You want to keep some? I'm curious about what you think would be different if they maintained restrictions compared to just getting rid of them? What are any of the current restrictions, anywhere, actually achieving? 

Said it before, I'll say it again. The longer people are willing to drag this all out, the longer it continues. If, like the UK, we end all restrictions and get on with life, the world, I assure you, will not implode. ;)

Edited by Geoff

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Genuinely sorry to hear about your son. Hoping, and also honestly believing, he'll come good. 

But you're saying you don't want all restrictions dismissed? You want to keep some? I'm curious about what you think would be different if they maintained restrictions compared to just getting rid of them? What are any of the current restrictions, anywhere, actually achieving? 

Said it before, I'll say it again. The longer people are willing to drag this all out, the longer it continues. If, like the UK, we end all restrictions and get on with life, the world, I assume you, will not implode. ;)

not restrictions, the isolation period. Just would have liked to see that stay in place for another month. Our devolved nations are dropping that 21.03 and that seems more sensible timeline to me. 

I mean if you've got it for defo it still makes sense to isolate and not spread it about, that makes sense to me anyway. 

And thanks for comments on my son, yeah keeping fingers crossed, at least he can taste which is good. 

39 minutes ago, Glen said:

not restrictions, the isolation period. Just would have liked to see that stay in place for another month. Our devolved nations are dropping that 21.03 and that seems more sensible timeline to me. 

I mean if you've got it for defo it still makes sense to isolate and not spread it about, that makes sense to me anyway. 

And thanks for comments on my son, yeah keeping fingers crossed, at least he can taste which is good. 

I think that's the issue people have with all these new laws and mandates. Generally speaking, without it being an order from governments, sick people do stay home and away from others (without the title of Isolating) and going forward, whether it's today in the UK, 21st of March in other nations, or December 2038 in Australia, at some point this is how it's going to be. People are going to have to make up their own minds again, one day soon.

Having a life I'd like to resume, I've always been on the side of (much) sooner rather than later, personally. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Said it before, I'll say it again. The longer people are willing to drag this all out, the longer it continues. If, like the UK, we end all restrictions and get on with life, the world, I assure you, will not implode. ;)

Don't end it straight away yet. I'm having a field day of "I told you so" about all the restrictions being bullshit. I'm loving it. Especially what is happening with thousands of cases a day and reminding people how we all got locked in our homes for months when there was like a half dozen cases a day. And now that there are thousands of cases a day, suddenly no restrictions are needed at all.

So I'm asking people "why" and "was it worth it all these businesses folding and people hospitalised for mental health"? "Was it worth it people not being able to go to their parents death bed in hospital? Was it fair that people couldn't cross a State border to visit family?" "Was it right that only 12 people could gather at a funeral?"

The restrictions did nothing. Nothing but fuck people over for TWO YEARS. People can see it now, FINALLY. Fuck me, none of these politicians should survive the next election.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glen said:

you don't believe in a pandemic which 1000s of scientists across the globe tell you is real but you believe in a rigged election which one deluded moron tells you is real 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No, again, I have eyes, and ears, and common sense, and a little voice that goes off when something seems not right, I don't give a fuck what any of them say, I got it twice, I'm a fucking live and breathing, even with kidney disease, so No, not buying it, has nothing to do with any election, you've never one time ever heard me talk about elections, cause I don't give a fuck, this has nothing to do with fighting with people on social media, or any shit, I know shady crooks bro, been around them my whole life, my whole life, crooks, thief's, people always trying to hook you into some sort of business with them, Ive been around criminals my whole life, it's not hard to spot them, it's actually fucking simple if you know whats up, these people are all criminals, and just cause you trust in anyone and everyone and think it's all on the up and up, you truly haven't been paying attention 

but Glen believe it or not there's people out there that don't give 2 fucks about you, your family, your life, seriously they wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, and the fact your so damn trusting of people who have zero credibility or reason to trust them, really is sketchy, you see whats going on in Canada, that look like a conspiracy to you?

Edited by Leykis101

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Don't end it straight away yet. I'm having a field day of "I told you so" about all the restrictions being bullshit. I'm loving it. Especially what is happening with thousands of cases a day and reminding people how we all got locked in our homes for months when there was like a half dozen cases a day. And now that there are thousands of cases a day, suddenly no restrictions are needed at all.

So I'm asking people "why" and "was it worth it all these businesses folding and people hospitalised for mental health"? "Was it worth it people not being able to go to their parents death bed in hospital? Was it fair that people couldn't cross a State border to visit family?" "Was it right that only 12 people could gather at a funeral?"

The restrictions did nothing. Nothing but fuck people over for TWO YEARS. People can see it now, FINALLY. Fuck me, none of these politicians should survive the next election.

going over the same issues time again.

1. you were all vaccinated when your gov finally allowed you out to play so you'll never now what the consequences might have been

2. We had over 2000 a deaths a day in the UK at its peak so yes lockdown was f worth it. That shit was pretty worrying for a time.

peace out.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, Geoff said:

Starting to hear a lot of rubbish that at the end of this month when masks are no longer required in some indoor areas, apparently that's the end of all restrictions? Here's part of the article I was reading-

From 11:59pm on Friday, February 25, masks will only be required indoors in certain circumstances, including public transport, hospitals, and for workers in hospitality and retail.

"We're going to a situation on Friday where there are essentially no COVID rules, or so few that it's unrecognisable to what it was a year ago, and indeed what it was two years ago," Premier Daniel Andrews said.

Indeed on Friday, no masks, which is ironic because in the Canadian Patriotism thread I called....

On 2/7/2022 at 12:43 PM, CureTheSane said:

Well then, I agree.

I predict no more check ins or masks in 2 weeks.

:) 

image.gif.95185fb8b6fab4710637552f19334810.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Good to see Glen back on these threads :) 

I'm hoping that people will be able to move on when restrictions, lockdowns, masks, and check-ins all end.
Let's not be going on about how shit it was for years to come.

7 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Indeed on Friday, no masks, which is ironic because in the Canadian Patriotism thread I called....

:) 

image.gif.95185fb8b6fab4710637552f19334810.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

But my point is that it's not an end to masks at all. Not even close. Ask a person on a train, or in a school in Victoria, in Kmart, in a Cafe, a hospital etc. on Monday how the new no mask rules are going. 

5 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I'm hoping that people will be able to move on when restrictions, lockdowns, masks, and check-ins all end.

You of course assume that none of the authoritarianism will return at any point down the line. I guess I don't have as much faith in governmental leadership, as we've seen by recent events in Canada. The powers that be will use ANY excuse to exert power and control. COVID gave them a taste, and they REALLY like it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

But let's not pretend this is even close to actually happening here in Australia. Could still be years away before we see the end of it all, if ever. 

And I don't want to go on about it, but I'd sure as all fuck like to see people held accountable for the worst of it, otherwise what's to stop it all from just happening again? I don't much like the idea of just pretending it's all been okay, let's just move on at all. 

51 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

You of course assume that none of the authoritarianism will return at any point down the line. I guess I don't have as much faith in governmental leadership, as we've seen by recent events in Canada. The powers that be will use ANY excuse to exert power and control. COVID gave them a taste, and they REALLY like it.

The Canadian government sat on their hands for 3 weeks before doing anything because they hoped the whole situation would go away without them sticking their necks out and actually dealing with it....only when the majority of Canadians had had enough of the bullshit did they finally act....not my idea of politicians drooling over the opportunity to be autocratic...