Corona

simo

52 minutes ago, Glen said:

so I've not posted in this thread for over 2 months now, but these last few posts are gobsmackingly unbelievable. 

I'm amazed that these restrictions are still so harsh.

In the UK we now have zero restrictions. No masks, no limits on numbers, nothing.

Isolation time is currently 5 days but that will be reduced to 0 days from 24.03 at the absolute latest - ie if you test positive you don't have to isolate. 

Can't believe the restrictions in other countries. 

Definitely not going to say I told you so because that's not how I roll, but we (Australians) did mention many pages aback that people don't understand how incredibly moronic it is over here, and that there is still no sign, whatsoever, after 95% of the population is vaccinated, that the idiocy will ever end. I can see absolutely 0 desire for the media, government and masses to "learn to live with it," like we were told we were going to need to do a couple of years ago. 

I remember saying how the restrictions got so amazingly stupid and harsh, that when they remove a couple of them it's going to appear, to the brainwashed, that we're being given some sense of freedom back. And yes, maybe something like 25% of the restrictions have been removed? I don't know, it's hard to quantify precisely, but the big ones like lockdowns and mandatory outdoor mask wearing have been removed, but for the most part, I reckon about 75% of the restrictions still remain. It's just not as obvious, three years into the fuckery. 

Yeah, I just don't know. Like I alluded to above, I just wish I understood the bigger picture. Obviously there is good money in this for certain groups and they are no doubt pushing for it all to be as prolonged as possible, but that can't be all this is all about, can it? Or, generally speaking, are the participants in this prolonged covid misery really as stupid as they appear? 

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Definitely not going to say I told you so because that's not how I roll, but we (Australians) did mention many pages aback that people don't understand how incredibly moronic it is over here, and that there is still no sign, whatsoever, after 95% of the population is vaccinated, that the idiocy will ever end. I can see absolutely 0 desire for the media, government and masses to "learn to live with it," like we were told we were going to need to do a couple of years ago. 

I remember saying how the restrictions got so amazingly stupid and harsh, that when they remove a couple of them it's going to appear, to the brainwashed, that we're being given some sense of freedom back. And yes, maybe something like 25% of the restrictions have been removed? I don't know, it's hard to quantify precisely, but the big ones like lockdowns and mandatory outdoor mask wearing have been removed, but for the most part, I reckon about 75% of the restrictions still remain. It's just not as obvious, three years into the fuckery. 

Yeah, I just don't know. Like I alluded to above, I just wish I understood the bigger picture. Obviously there is good money in this for certain groups and they are no doubt pushing for it all to be as prolonged as possible, but that can't be all this is all about, can it? Or, generally speaking, are the participants in this prolonged covid misery really as stupid as they appear? 

this is the gayest thing youve ever said, your so ready to start shooting your new corona movie, G-Off treats Corona, at the home of the all mens rowing team

58 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

this is the gayest thing youve ever said, your so ready to start shooting your new corona movie, G-Off treats Corona, at the home of the all mens rowing team

lol, you're going to need to explain that one to me, my most frequented co-star. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

lol, you're going to need to explain that one to me, my most frequented co-star. 

Oh sorry, it will be set at a special covid hospital, which treats only male athletes, and your the doctor, and youve got just what the poor male athletes need to get their mind off covid

On 1/19/2022 at 7:53 PM, Metal T said:

At the end of the day people like Brand,Maher and Rogan are 3 useless liberals,in my view they shouldn't be patted on the back just because they occasionally engage in some random acts of common sense.

No dude, this has nothing to do with that, 2 of these guys are liberals of the highest order, who if anything have fallen to the middle of the road,Maher taking the biggest step, cause you know how they canablize anyone who steps outside the line, this is much more then just liberal schlocks holding an unliberal view, these are guys who have never strayed from the path

15 minutes ago, auslander said:

I read somewhere that Howard Stern has been saying that Meatloaf (R.I.P.) was an anti-vaxxer who died from Covid. Is this true?

From TMZ:

Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates. We do not know if he was vaccinated.

Hooward Stern is an idiot.

Stern has used his SiriusXM radio show over the last several months to condemn anti-vaxxers. Speaking out about Meat Loaf’s death, Stern said this week (via Uproxx), “Poor Meat Loaf got sucked into some weird fucking cult. And somehow really believed that — he made a statement, ‘I’d rather die a free man than take that vaccine.’ And now he’s dead!”

Clearly in the camp that believes Meat Loaf was against vaccines, Stern then urged the late singer’s family to speak out on the matter: “I wish the family would come forward and say, ‘Ya know, when Meat Loaf was laying there in the hospital and he couldn’t breathe, he said, ‘I made a mistake. I should have taken the vaccine.’ Like all these anti-vaxxers, they all say, ‘I made a mistake.’”

Just last week, Stern made headlines after he shared his belief that hospitals should not admit patients who are not vaccinated against COVID. The radio host told anti-vaxxers, “It’s time for you to get it. Now, if you don’t get it, in my America, all hospitals would be closed to you. You’re going to go home and die. That is what you should get. Absolutely.”

• Haha 1

Personally I find it amusing how people think denying others medical treatment due to lifestyle choices is the way to go (i.e. no vaxx, no hospital). So smokers, the obese, people who participate in sports, people engaged in risk-taking behaviour (eg. hiking, rock climbing,  swimming), people with diseases contracted through illicit drug use - none of these groups with preventable conditions should get treatment either. Fair's fair.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, auslander said:

Personally I find it amusing how people think denying others medical treatment due to lifestyle choices is the way to go (i.e. no vaxx, no hospital). So smokers, the obese, people who participate in sports, people engaged in risk-taking behaviour (eg. hiking, rock climbing,  swimming), people with diseases contracted through illicit drug use - none of these groups with preventable conditions should get treatment either. Fair's fair.

I'm guessing that if you offered most smokers something that would greatly help them quit smoking and/or help reduce the occurrence of lung cancer, they would take it. If they don't, fair enough.
Same with the obese, if you offer them a jab that will generally help them lose weight and they choose not to take it, then fair enough.

Fair's fair only when comparing apples to apples.
Comparing a virus, to an addiction isn't really fair.

Not sure where you get swimming and sport as a risk taking activity, you could basically call anything a high risk activity

3 hours ago, auslander said:

I read somewhere that Howard Stern has been saying that Meatloaf (R.I.P.) was an anti-vaxxer who died from Covid. Is this true?

Meatloaf definitely died from COVID. No idea if he'd had the vaccine though. 

11 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Almost 64% of the US population (and 74% of adults) is fully vaccinated. The most recent data suggest unvaccinated adult patients are 12 to 18 times more likely to require hospitalization. 

I'm at the point where if someone chooses not to get vaccinated, then all of the risks are on them. The government needs to stop locking down the rest of society. If you choose not to get vaccinated, that is entirely your right and I am 100% against mandates, but at the same time it is MY RIGHT to not have to be penalized for your decisions.

Restricting everyone who has gotten vaccinated in order to protect those who haven't is just bewilderingly stupid.

European countries are doing away with restrictions. It's long overdue for us to do the same.

• Like 4

• 2023 Gold Donors

Howard Stern has always been a worthless,little punk.One day he's gonna come across someone who doesn't love him like his mama does....Furthermore locking people down has done NOTHING to stop the Chinese commie virus.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'm at the point where if someone chooses not to get vaccinated, then all of the risks are on them. The government needs to stop locking down the rest of society. If you choose not to get vaccinated, that is entirely your right and I am 100% against mandates, but at the same time it is MY RIGHT to not have to be penalized for your decisions.

Restricting everyone who has gotten vaccinated in order to protect those who haven't is just bewilderingly stupid.

European countries are doing away with restrictions. It's long overdue for us to do the same.

This is all we "the people" ask. No more restrictions. No more masks. No more government fines and following our movements. 

In NSW, there is literally a ban on dancing FFS! And no one even has mentioned our public health is now following the plot of Footloose. This stupidity has to stop somewhere. I mean seriously. Bloody Karens are running the planet right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Metal T said:

Howard Stern has always been a worthless,little punk.One day he's gonna come across someone who doesn't love him like his mama does....Furthermore locking people down has done NOTHING to stop the Chinese commie virus.

I think celebrating when people we disagree with ideologically die is a new low that has become more prevalent since the pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auslander said:

I think celebrating when people we disagree with ideologically die is a new low that has become more prevalent since the pandemic.

I agree, and is the point I was making in that Djokovic thread before it got entirely ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, auslander said:

This is all we "the people" ask. No more restrictions. No more masks. No more government fines and following our movements. 

100%. Couldn't be a simpler concept, but the ability for it to ever be implemented again seems near impossible, especially from Australian shores.  

I think your all gay, and you were all lied too, and it's all beginning to unravel and your going to find out that it was easy to make billions off of you by making you get that vax, I think if you have stock in Phizer well your probably pretty happy right now, but that's about all it adds up to, and your going to have glow in the dark snot and jizz from that vax, and finally I'm wondering why cant I get Delta? where did it go, Ive now had 2 of the supposed 3, so what if I want a complete set? BTW, Omicron was as bad as a hang over, I felt irritable, and everybody fucking bugged me, with lethargy, that's it, IT WAS NOT EVEN IN THE SAME BALLPARK AS THE FLU!!! So fuck these commies and their scare tactics, and enjoy your new boosters in march

13 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Man, you've been fed lies from the media.
this is the media speaking.
You are word for word saying that unvaccinated people are a lesser part of society.
Can't you see the hypocrisy in saying that you are against mandates but fuck them if they get the virus?

Sorry, just wanted to see what it was like to make arguments like that from drawing from small pieces of information and twisting them to suit an agenda :) 

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Can't you see the hypocrisy in saying that you are against mandates but fuck them if they get the virus?

Ehh? Can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic. On the chance you're being serious, there is zero hypocrisy between the two statements.

We all make personal decisions and must live with the consequences of those decisions. It's about personal responsibility. It is not incumbent upon the rest of society to pay the penalty for those decisions. That said, it is wrong for government to mandate those decisions and penalize people for them.

Private companies enforcing mandates for employees or customers is a different matter entirely.

To distill it down succinctly (all this is my opinion):

1. Individuals should have the right to decide for themselves and their families as to whether the vaccination is appropriate for them, for whatever medical or moral reasons they deem fit.

2. The government should not have the right to force said decision one way or another.

3. By making your personal decision, you then bear the responsibility for that decision; it is not incumbent upon the rest of society to have to bear the consequences or restrictions for your personal decision.

4. If the powers that be have been telling us the truth, then people that are fully vaccinated have nothing to fear from the unvaccinated, as the actions of the latter will only impact them, not you.

The authorities are trying to have it both ways: Get the vaccine to protect yourself but if you're vaccinated you can't go out without a mask because you might get the thing that you vaccinated yourself against... you know, the thing that cannot now harm you... 

It's not about science. It's about controlling people. Enough.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Ehh? Can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic. On the chance you're being serious, there is zero hypocrisy between the two statements

I just wanted to see what it was like to make arguments like Geoff does.

Ironically it made you type a lot. Apologies for that.

But I guess that's what Geoff gets - a lot of typing in response that is kind of a waste of time.

But no, I'm 100% with everything you wrote.

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Ehh? Can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic. On the chance you're being serious, there is zero hypocrisy between the two statements.

We all make personal decisions and must live with the consequences of those decisions. It's about personal responsibility. It is not incumbent upon the rest of society to pay the penalty for those decisions. That said, it is wrong for government to mandate those decisions and penalize people for them.

Private companies enforcing mandates for employees or customers is a different matter entirely.

To distill it down succinctly (all this is my opinion):

1. Individuals should have the right to decide for themselves and their families as to whether the vaccination is appropriate for them, for whatever medical or moral reasons they deem fit.

2. The government should not have the right to force said decision one way or another.

3. By making your personal decision, you then bear the responsibility for that decision; it is not incumbent upon the rest of society to have to bear the consequences or restrictions for your personal decision.

4. If the powers that be have been telling us the truth, then people that are fully vaccinated have nothing to fear from the unvaccinated, as the actions of the latter will only impact them, not you.

The authorities are trying to have it both ways: Get the vaccine to protect yourself but if you're vaccinated you can't go out without a mask because you might get the thing that you vaccinated yourself against... you know, the thing that cannot now harm you... 

It's not about science. It's about controlling people. Enough.

I pretty much agree with your take on this....the only real issue with what is going on for me is that the unvaccinated are still filling hospitals and preventing people from getting surgeries and health care for things not called covid....and I don't have an answer as to how to fix this problem....the feds in most countries have decided to tackle the issue through mandates but I think that we just have to weather the storm and hope that this mythical thing called herd immunity occurs.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I pretty much agree with your take on this....the only real issue with what is going on for me is that the unvaccinated are still filling hospitals and preventing people from getting surgeries and health care for things not called covid....and I don't have an answer as to how to fix this problem....the feds in most countries have decided to tackle the issue through mandates but I think that we just have to weather the storm and hope that this mythical thing called herd immunity occurs.....

Exactly my thoughts.

I could care less if people get vaccinated.  But part of me would hope that if somebody is that against modern medicine, then stay out of the hospital if you come down with it.  I mean, if you didn't trust medicine enough to begin with to take the vaccine, don't ask medicine for help later and take resources away from others.

I guess the problem though is that our health care system isn't built to discriminate against stupidity.  I mean, our hospitals have to treat people that do dumb things every day from taking drugs to cutting their fingers off with saws, popping wheelies with dirt bikes or whatever else.  So I guess it's not fair to say they shouldn't treat anti-vaxers that come down with covid.

The reality of it though is that many of our hospitals have been overwhelmed with anti-vaxers that got covid and it's frustrating that it most likely could've been prevented with a simple jab.

I said a ways back in this thread.  I know somebody that went to a local ER awhile back with stomach pain and sat in the ER for 12 hours before getting seen because of short staff and so many dealing with COVID issues.  Turned out that person had a appendicitis and it ended up rupturing and they got rushed into emergency surgery after finally telling the ER staff they were in unbearable pain.  That person almost died because they didn't get the treatment they should've gotten.

I just want to get back to the point when colds were "normal" and we didn't cancel life as soon as somebody got the sniffles.  I'm tired of covering for fellow employees that get mandated to stay home because they're positive with COVID even though they feel fine.  I'm tired of having to watch my kid play basketball with a mask on even though 90% of the kids just wear them around their necks.  And I'm tired of not being able to do things I want to do like concerts, cruises, travel, etc because of COVID mandates and issues.  

• Like 1