The Defiants - Zokusho

Stefan

• My Little Pony
59 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I guess I'll have to google that album title....bit strange...

It doesn't appear to have any clear definition. I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth. 

16 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

and Eclipse...

In the year so far, Eclipse will set the joint alight. I feel like that's exactly what I need right now. 

• My Little Pony

"Forever" looks to be the only true ballad, but "Standing on the Edge" could be a cool midtempo track. I'm pretty sure we needed this album yesterday. 

So I was trying to figure out WTF Zokusho means and came upon this....Zokusho sounded Japanese so when you translate it to English you get "Genus book".....Genus definition is.....

Definition of genus

1 : a class, kind, or group marked by common characteristics or by one common characteristic specifically : a category of biological classification ranking between the family and the species, comprising structurally or phylogenetically (see phylogenetic sense 2) related species or an isolated species exhibiting unusual differentiation, and being designated by a Latin or latinized capitalized singular noun
2 : a class of objects divided into several subordinate species

Probably not what the band means by the term......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

According to Paul I was the first to purchase my Japanese copy! Love the occasional blind purchase! B)

Blind purchase or "educated"" purchase?

3 hours ago, simo said:

I think I speak for everybody when I say I can't wait for the first sample to drop...

You think we'll maybe hear something this week with the album release being only 6 weeks away?

I think I saw Frontiers post something on FB saying the album release will be pushed back and won't be early June as originally reported.

Not 100% sure on that but seems to make sense since it seems like they usually want at least 2-3 months to promote and roll out singles.

I'm wishing/hoping it's still out in June as I can't wait to hear it.....But kinda expecting something more like July/Aug at this point.

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

I think I saw Frontiers post something on FB saying the album release will be pushed back and won't be early June as originally reported.

Not 100% sure on that but seems to make sense since it seems like they usually want at least 2-3 months to promote and roll out singles.

I'm wishing/hoping it's still out in June as I can't wait to hear it.....But kinda expecting something more like July/Aug at this point.

I hope they stick to the original release date, at least for the Japan version which is over a week earlier ;-)

I just compared it to what they did for the debut which was released on 15. April 2016 and the first single was released on 1. March... after that they released two more singles in March and another one early April but could be different this time around

40 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

We definitely need this for the Summer. 

You want to wait another seven months for this? Really? Why? I want it in time for shitty, piece of shit Winter!!

10 hours ago, melodicrock said:

I reckon it will be September.

Eclipse album and WOA albums also done but not on the immediate horizon for Frontiers. They have a shit ton of metal due in June/July and no one buys anything in August.

I'd buy something in August cos most of the year has been shit 

me too,doesn't matter when its released,if its good enough i'll purchase it and a new Defiants disc would fit into that bracket and then some  :)

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I'd buy something in August cos most of the year has been shit 

My thoughts exactly!

Been a poor year so far IMO for melodic hard rock.

Hopefully Crazy Lixx gets things going in a couple weeks.

Here's how Paul explained the title:

We're going to get asked that question a lot... The title "Zokusho" translates in Japanese as: the sequel,  the next chapter,  a continuance.. We've embraced all of this as well in the album artwork... You'll see!!!

23 hours ago, tts42572 said:

My thoughts exactly!

Been a poor year so far IMO for melodic hard rock.

Hopefully Crazy Lixx gets things going in a couple weeks.

I bought all the versions of latest Dream Theater vinyl because of that poor season!