The Defiants - Zokusho

Stefan

• 2023 Gold Donors

30 years after Bruno Ravel gave us the Danger Danger debut and nearly 30 years after the iconic Paul Laine debut, we find ourselves eagerly awaiting a new release from these two legends of our music. We are all very blessed. I feel 17 again. 

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

OK, so I'm currently on holiday in Rhodes, and while chllin' by the pool this afternoon I was browsing the forum and seen this new Defiants track had dropped. I had just got myself a nice cold Mythos so I layed back and pressed play and almost chocked on my beer as the song played 🤯 Damn if this isn't the best thing I've heard this year and have been listening to it on a loop. 

SU... FUCKING... PERB!!! 

9 hours ago, jondavis said:

Will it come out in Japan first, I want it now?

It will but only two days earlier. I like the song it's really good, I will say this though.... it's not as impressive as ''Love and Bullets'' was when they released it as the debut's first single. Might be the element of surprise they had going for them, because by now we expect great music from this band

1 hour ago, simo said:

It will but only two days earlier. I like the song it's really good, I will say this though.... it's not as impressive as ''Love and Bullets'' was when they released it as the debut's first single. 

yeah, reading all other comments one would think this song is fantastic....

I think song is nice, but nothing great, will see what other tracks on the album sound like

Edited by Invisible_man

Ridiculously good... as if it would have been anything but with these guys involved. Should comfortably crush anything released thus far this year. The one thing I don't get; Why isn't Steve West just an official proper member of this band?

And how's the solo too? There was a sexy dose of vintage Andy Timmons in that beauty. Love everything about this. 

I was never a massive fan of the first album.
Tried really hard, listened heaps, but the songs were all too samey for me.
Eventually I picked out a bunch of songs that stood out slightly more and made a best of folder beginning with these.
But they were never really stand out songs too much. Maybe Take Me Back and Lil Miss RNR

Fallin' For You is pretty killer though.
Ticks all my boxes :)

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I was never a massive fan of the first album.
Tried really hard, listened heaps, but the songs were all too samey for me.
Eventually I picked out a bunch of songs that stood out slightly more and made a best of folder beginning with these.
But they were never really stand out songs too much. Maybe Take Me Back and Lil Miss RNR

Fallin' For You is pretty killer though.
Ticks all my boxes :)

I was never a massive fan of the first album, save a few songs. 

But then I listened to it again...

And again...

And again...

And now it's a part of my regular rotation. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic stuff.pity it isn't a summer release because it suits the summer vibe  :) 

although a summer vibe here is rain mostly...just check out the golf live on tv from down the road from me  :(

Edited by lettard

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, lettard said:

Fantastic stuff.pity it isn't a summer release because it suits the summer vibe  :) 

although a summer vibe here is rain mostly...just check out the golf live on tv from down the road from me  :(

The new songs are on Spotify, so you can at least blast those two all Summer. 

On 7/19/2019 at 5:29 PM, gener8tr said:

I hate to be a downer, but for me this one would sound so much better with Poley on vox , Timmons on guitars and Lance Quinn on the control-board.

I understand preferring Ted over Paul or wanting to hear something that sounds like Danger Danger's debut.  But unfortunately that lineup is likely never recording together again.  There aren't many releases these days that come close to matching our favorites from the 80's.  But I'm thrilled that these guys are making another album, because in 2019 it doesn't get much better than the Defiants, imo.   Plus, didn't Tony Rey perform most of the guitar parts on the debut?  ;)

Edited by Crazysam

7 hours ago, gener8tr said:

I hate to be a downer, but for me this one would sound so much better with Poley on vox , Timmons on guitars and Lance Quinn on the control-board.

I love Ted but in my opinion the Defiants with Paul on vocals is as good as it gets. Even at this age, his vocals still sound the same the way it was back in the 'Stick it in your ear' days. Hasn't changed one bit.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Ponen said:

I love Ted but in my opinion the Defiants with Paul on vocals is as good as it gets. Even at this age, his vocals still sound the same the way it was back in the 'Stick it in your ear' days. Hasn't changed one bit.

Completely agree. 100%