BON JOVI - "This House Is Not For Sale" (2016)

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony

If Jon and Richie were on good terms, wouldn't he be in the band?

Might be on good terms relationally, but not musically. If Richie wants to Rock, but Jon doesn't, why would he waste his time with him? Perhaps he values his artistic output more than the money. It's not like he's hurting financially.

But does Richie "want to rock?" His solo output since 'Stranger in this town' has been far, far worse than anything Bon Jovi have ever released. Ever.

Hell if I know. I'm just speculating. I don't follow these guys as I really don't care.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it funny to see every time Bon Jovi release something, many many people whine about how bad they are and the earlier stuff is much better ? I guess this happened all the way back since 7800 Fahrenheit. When it's released, most people trashed it and said the s/t was far better, and then 'Slippery' came out, well before the hits were overplayed, many whined about how bad the fillers were and many tracks from 7800 were better, and then when 'New Jersey' was out, 'Slippery' became a classic. When 'Keep The Faith' was out, no need to say that 'new Jersey' was suddenly considered their greatest album ever and then it continues :D

I liked all of the albums as they were released.

After Crush it just got a bit boring for me overall.
At around the time of Crush, I would have rated the earlier albums

New Jersey

Slippery

These Days

S/T

Keep Ths Faith

Crush

I liked their early stuff a lot. Their newer stuff has gotten worse and worse. And by that I mean boring. No rock. Just pop. Sometimes even country. I can't even remember the name of the last one. I tried to listen to it once and just turned it off. I doubt that he even is interested in making any kind of rock CD at all.

I went to see them with my wife in 2013 at Hyde Park and I think they sang two songs from the new CD. You could tell very few people even cared since everybody just got quiet during those songs and there was a lot of singing during the rest of the old hits.

• 2 months later...

Jeez Jon and Tico look ancient these days. Wasn't Hugh McDonald made a permanent member of the band? If so, why is the entire filmclip spent cutting him out of the frame? It's weird and awkward. New guitarist seems pretty cool and I don't mind the song. Pretty typical current Bon Jovi tune. Not great, but not too bad.

A Typical modern day Bon Jovi Tune, which he could probably write in his sleep, but it's pretty good, with a good chorus.

Agree...typical Bon Jovi lead single. I think it's probably as good as anything they've done on the past couple albums.

Let's see if the rest of the album is full of sappy ballads and mid tempo plodders like the last few albums.

I just can't seem to get excited about anything this band does anymore.

I 'd rather listen to Eurosport's cycling commentators than this song.

If it's football, I might agree, but I don't like cycling so I guess this song is far better than that :D

anyway, a typical modern day Bon Jovi tune, I agree, pale compared to their heyday but the chorus is quite hook-y, perhaps many uptempo songs in this new album, hopefully there are at least couple of killer ballads to save the day, I can see this new one might be better than 'Circle' and 'WAN'

Not sure what people expect from BJ these days? The guy is gettin on now so hes never going to write another NJ or SWW.

About as rocking as youll get i reckon - I'm not a great fan of the lyrics tho.

I 'd rather listen to Eurosport's cycling commentators than this song.

If it's football, I might agree, but I don't like cycling so I guess this song is far better than that :D

anyway, a typical modern day Bon Jovi tune, I agree, pale compared to their heyday but the chorus is quite hook-y, perhaps many uptempo songs in this new album, hopefully there are at least couple of killer ballads to save the day, I can see this new one might be better than 'Circle' and 'WAN'

Yeah, I was infuriated because I had to pause spotify while spinning some pestilence, in order to listen to this monstrosity, and thus I came up with a way too much personalized analogy. :tumbsup:

Not sure what people expect from BJ these days? The guy is gettin on now so hes never going to write another NJ or SWW.

About as rocking as youll get i reckon - I'm not a great fan of the lyrics tho.

With people like Michael Sweet and a myriad of other rockers who are "gettin' on" now (I'm assuming you meant aging...?), I don't think this comment holds water. I don't think age has anything to do with it......I think he's found his commercial niche and sticks right around where it's the safest. That band could easily write another album that is similar to those.......he just chooses not to....

He has always wanted to be Bruce Springsteen or Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, etc...........and while he could have been that and still chose to add one or two really rockin' songs to each album....once again, he chose not to......

He basically has foresaken his early fans for the fans post 1995..........why? He would probably give some insipid answer about maturing and growth, etc.....which...to me...is bullshit. I think, in the end, maybe he was never truly a real 'rock guy'.......or......he thought that his financial future meant changing to a more safe and friendly radio ready environment??

What i meant was he aint gonna be writing songs like Wild In The Streets or Dead or Alive.

But you are right in that he keeps to his commercial track - hes not silly...he knows what sells records.

There's an argument that another SWW would bomb.

Bon Jovi had changed their musical direction since 'Crush' so it's been 16 years after the change and 7 albums after that so it's very hard to go back to the 80s days, considering some of the 70/80s icon are also changing direction to country music :D

• 3 weeks later...

bon-jovi-this-house-is-not-for-sale.jpg

Tracks:

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Living With The Ghost
3. Knockout
4. Labor Of Love
5. Born Again Tomorrow
6. Roller ­Coaster
7. New Year’s Day
8. The Devil’s In The Temple
9. Scars On This Guitar