BON JOVI - "This House Is Not For Sale" (2016)

AlphaMale

Tico has always looked old (probably because he is about 10 years older than the rest of the band), and apart from the grey, I don't think Jon is that old looking for a guy in his 50s.

At least he has the balls to rock the grey rather than dying it like so many other famous people would do.

I still know a lot of women who are a lot younger than Jon, and they still lust after him. If I looked like him in my early 50s, I would look a lot better than I do now ha ha

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent the past 75 minutes listening to the New Year's Eve show at Tokyo Dome 1988.

What an absolutely awesome band they were once upon a time.

yep.

A musical and live force in the 80s.

Their gig at Hammy Odeon London on SWW tour still resides in my top 10 gigs ever. Purely awesome. 5th row centre as well.

:)

:puke:

LOL ^

It's a downright shame what these guys have turned into. I swear I hear a Country-ish twang in almost all their songs these days.

These guys were one of my favorite bands back in the day and have seen them quite a few times live....But over the past 5 years or so they've become completely dead to me. Honestly I wouldn't take this new album if somebody were passing it out for free...And have zero interest in ever seeing them again live.

I just spent the past 75 minutes listening to the New Year's Eve show at Tokyo Dome 1988.

yep.

Their gig at Hammy Odeon London on SWW tour still resides in my top 10 gigs ever. Purely awesome. 5th row centre as well.

Saw them open for RATT in either 1984 or 1985, then twice for SWW in 1987 and twice for NJ in 1989. Every single show was awesome!

Now-a-days I wouldn't go to a Bon Jovi gig without Richie if I had free front-row seats.

yep.

Saw them open for RATT in either 1984 or 1985, then twice for SWW in 1987 and twice for NJ in 1989. Every single show was awesome!

Now-a-days I wouldn't go to a Bon Jovi gig without Richie if I had free front-row seats.

"Now-a-days I wouldn't go to a Bon Jovi gig"

I would have left it at that..... :P:lol:

I was really hoping that maybe-just-maybe Jon would speak with Richie about a 1987 / 2017 Slippery When Wet 30-year reunion world tour and play SWW front-to-back, plus a greatest hits medley like so many other bands have done the past few years.

Could have been great. Could have given their "old" fans one last chance to relive past glory. Could have never happened and I don't think it ever will.

They really were awesome back then.

I was really hoping that maybe-just-maybe Jon would speak with Richie about a 1987 / 2017 Slippery When Wet 30-year reunion world tour and play SWW front-to-back, plus a greatest hits medley like so many other bands have done the past few years.

Could have been great. Could have given their "old" fans one last chance to relive past glory. Could have never happened and I don't think it ever will.

Yes they were. Those first 4 discs were pretty damn good to excellent.

Slippery was 30 years old last year, and they did nothing, so I doubt they would care about a 30 year anniversary of a tour.

Jon blatantly cares very little for nostalgia.

Slippery was 30 years old last year, and they did nothing, so I doubt they would care about a 30 year anniversary of a tour.

Sad but true.

Such a missed opportunity to do specials or tours and generally get people interested in you. Get some of the young kid performers to get up stage with you, telecast it and shit and watch the iTunes downloads go through the roof!

• 5 months later...

Sad but true.

Frankly, i just hope it doesn't happen otherwise they'll ruin the legacy, and your memories :D

If you've heard Jon miserably hitting those high notes lately, just like Don Dokken did,

well let's put those good 30-years-ago-memories behind and let Jon do the much easier part of their newer catalogues

and beside, Jon even without Richie still selling tickets so business-wise, they don't need to do a classic anniversary concert I guess

I made a playlist on my Ipod of my top 50 albums, which features both Bon Jovi's s/t and 'New Jersey.' Both of them came up today... my christ they were great in the day. I guess largely due to the enormity of their success, but Jon's voice just epitomises that whole 80's hard rock scene for me. Man he had some pipes.

I made a playlist on my Ipod of my top 50 albums, which features both Bon Jovi's s/t and 'New Jersey.' Both of them came up today... my christ they were great in the day. I guess largely due to the enormity of their success, but Jon's voice just epitomises that whole 80's hard rock scene for me. Man he had some pipes.

for me -

1. s/t 93%

2. SWW 88.5%

3. New Jersey 87%

3 amazing albums

[interestingly if you left Social Disease of SWW its 92% and Love for Sale off NJ its 90% so pretty damned close and consistent across all 3]

10 perfect 10/10 songs as well -

Runaway

Roulette

Come Back

She Don't Know Me

You Give Love a Bad Name

Livin on a Prayer

I'd Die For You

Born to be my Baby

Wild is the Wind

I'll Be There For You

That would probably be my perfect 100% album

You'll find no bigger fan of who they were and no bigger opponent of who they've become than yours truly (pretty sure I've mentioned that here hundreds of times the past 13 years I've been a member of this site).

I graduated from high school in 1986, so I was THE target audience for Bon Jovi during their hey-day, and I played the living shit out of those first four albums. I spread the gospel of Bon Jovi everywhere I went! SWW and NJ were absolutely perfect albums for their time.

It doesn't bother me so much that Jon has moved-on found a new target audience... What bothers me is his absolute disdain for the past. Kinda ruins the memory of it all for me. Like your high school girlfriend posting on facebook how disgusted she feels looking at those old prom photos.

10 perfect 10/10 songs as well -

Runaway

Roulette

Come Back

She Don't Know Me

You Give Love a Bad Name

Livin on a Prayer

I'd Die For You

Born to be my Baby

Wild is the Wind

I'll Be There For You

That would probably be my perfect 100% album

My perfect 10's would be:

Shot Through the Heart
Breakout
Livin’ On A Prayer
Without Love
Born To Be My Baby
Wild Is The Wind
I’ll Be There For You
And my 9.75/10 collection... basically 10 (from the first four albums);
Roulette
Only Lonely
Secret Dreams
You Give Love A Bad Name
I’d Die For You

It doesn't bother me so much that Jon has moved-on found a new target audience... What bothers me is his absolute disdain for the past. Kinda ruins the memory of it all for me. Like your high school girlfriend posting on facebook how disgusted she feels looking at those old prom photos.

I've never seen this for myself, but I have heard of it, and that's really sad to me too.

To be unable to look back at your prime, and what would have been amazing years, is incomprehensible to me. And that doesn't just go for Jon Bon Jovi. Anyone who's enjoyed something amazing in their life and is unable to look back at it with anything but complete glee and full of great memories... it's just sad more than anything. And this goes for musicians, sportsmen, actors... anyone who reached a dream of theirs. To belittle that memory... it's very sad.

for me -

1. s/t 93%

2. SWW 88.5%

3. New Jersey 87%

3 amazing albums

[interestingly if you left Social Disease of SWW its 92% and Love for Sale off NJ its 90% so pretty damned close and consistent across all 3]

Yeah I agree with all that except ST, which is a great album, but well short of the others you mentioned IMO

I made a playlist on my Ipod of my top 50 albums, which features both Bon Jovi's s/t and 'New Jersey.' Both of them came up today... my christ they were great in the day. I guess largely due to the enormity of their success, but Jon's voice just epitomises that whole 80'