BON JOVI - "This House Is Not For Sale" (2016)

AlphaMale

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frontman Jon Bon Jovi explained, the sessions made an attempt to return the group to its roots.

I'm sure they've said that the last 5 albums.... its their standard promotion for a new release

Well, judging by that first single, I'd say it's a bunch of BS!

frontman Jon Bon Jovi explained, the sessions made an attempt to return the group to its roots.

I'm sure they've said that the last 5 albums.... its their standard promotion for a new release

Well, judging by that first single, I'd say it's a bunch of BS!

As its been when thye've said it the last 5 times too .... :0

(Apologies for repeat posting this from another thread in the General Discussion section, but I'm quite proud of this and figured it was more appropriate here)

Dear Richie,

As you are probably aware, this band has always been a "Labor Of Love" for me, and it's just not the same since our acrimonious split. Instead of thinking "God Bless This Mess", I just feel like I'm "Living With The Ghost" when I see your empty chair.

Sales figures just aren't the same since you left, and I'm struggling to keep my head above water financially. Although "This House Is Not For Sale" yet, I've had to take a second job as a bartender to help pay the mortgage, and it's stifling my creativity having to interact with all the peasants on their level. I am supposed to be superior than all of them put together, but they are so tight and don't even tip me after I provide my service with a smile. I've even tried to convince everyone that my new album is really going back to the beginning to try and fool people into buying it, but I just don't know how to make that old-style music without you.

I know you weren't born yesterday, but this is a genuine offer where we can be "Born Again Tomorrow". I've still got the "Scars On This Guitar" since our bust-up, and I just can't take it anymore. Even Hugh Whatshisname is missing your stage presence, and I don't think he's mixing very well with the new bloke either. Basically, "The Devil's In The Temple", and I need you at my side for a final exorcism of all the bad blood that has been spilled between us.

I know our relationship has often seemed like a "Rollercoaster", but that sort of friction is good for getting the creative juices flowing. Even Axl and Slash have recently patched up their differences for a long-awaited "Reunion" tour, so what say you "Come On Up To Our House" and we'll see if we can "Knockout" some classics just like the old days?

I'm busy over Christmas, but how about "New Year's Day"?

Love,

Jon

no sample on next song ?

On youtube. The song is called Knockout.

Just a predictable tune, imo. It's not awful... it's just... I dunno... the same, I guess. Do something different, dudes. The sound is getting pretty stale, and that's coming from someone who isn't off Bon Jovi as many here are.

• 5 weeks later...

I think knockout is one of their worst songs to date. the song writing is atrocious.

I had this discussion with someone elsewhere, comparing their current song writing to say... song writing from 2005.

Today:

Here comes the knockout
My time is right now
Turning your lights out
I'm throwing down
Here comes the knockout
Until the last round
I'm throwing down
Go start a fire, go start a fight
No regrets, this is your life
Here comes the knockout
My time is right now
I'm throwing down

She came looking for some shelter with a suitcase full of dreams
To a motel room on the boulevard
I guess she's trying to be James Dean
She's seen all the disciples and all the "wanna be's"
No one wants to be themselves these days
Still there's nothing to hold on to but these days
These days - the stars seem out of reach
These days - there ain't a ladder on the streets
These days are fast, nothing lasts in this graceless age
There ain't nobody left but us these days

They have totally lost the art of story telling.
Their "hit maker" collaborations are pure shite.
He needs to give Desmond Child & Mr Sambora a call and sit down together to write some good songs again.

What a boring song....so monotone......

Not a good song at all. And what sucks even worse is that Jon's voice sounds fairly strong here... I'm guessing he IS capable of recording a big arena-rocker in the vein of a Slippery / New Jersey era type of track... but unfortunately I know that will never happen again.

It's a shame. SWW turns 30 this Christmas. How cool could it have been to reunite with Richie and tour with Slippery When Wet front-to-back as part of the show? That album was such a HUGE part of my late teenage years. Summer of 1987 was awesome with SWW and Hysteria all over MTV and on the radio. Looking back, it could easily rate as the greatest summer of my life.

• My Little Pony

SWW turns 30 this Christmas. How cool could it have been to reunite with Richie and tour with Slippery When Wet front-to-back as part of the show? That album was such a HUGE part of my late teenage years. Summer of 1987 was awesome with SWW and Hysteria all over MTV and on the radio. Looking back, it could easily rate as the greatest summer of my life.

If it's not too personal, could you tell me why? It just sounds interesting. I don't think I could even think of a Summer, or season, or even year that would be my favourite. I live experience to experience.

SWW turns 30 this Christmas. How cool could it have been to reunite with Richie and tour with Slippery When Wet front-to-back as part of the show? That album was such a HUGE part of my late teenage years. Summer of 1987 was awesome with SWW and Hysteria all over MTV and on the radio. Looking back, it could easily rate as the greatest summer of my life.

If it's not too personal, could you tell me why? It just sounds interesting. I don't think I could even think of a Summer, or season, or even year that would be my favourite. I live experience to experience.

I'm happy to share :) Give me a couple days after an evening where I've had a few too many drinks and I'll send you a PM with all of the details. It's a fun story and fits perfectly for the time. I might have to send it in parts as there's a lot to tell... and my memory of the time is pretty damn good!

Coming Soon...

Not a good song at all. And what sucks even worse is that Jon's voice sounds fairly strong here... I'm guessing he IS capable of recording a big arena-rocker in the vein of a Slippery / New Jersey era type of track... but unfortunately I know that will never happen again.

It's a shame. SWW turns 30 this Christmas. How cool could it have been to reunite with Richie and tour with Slippery When Wet front-to-back as part of the show? That album was such a HUGE part of my late teenage years. Summer of 1987 was awesome with SWW and Hysteria all over MTV and on the radio. Looking back, it could easily rate as the greatest summer of my life.

While bring Richie back, what about Alec ? Does anyone know what he, Alec, doing these days ?

Not that I care but apparently this has been pushed back two weeks so it doesn't come out in the same week as Lady Gaga's new album...

Yeah, because they now share the same target audience.

What a crying ******* shame!

Must be extra tough for you having ''grown up'' with them. I mean I was born in 1988 so I've only known the band for a couple of years :D I go back to the classics and that's it