BON JOVI - "This House Is Not For Sale" (2016)

AlphaMale

Not that I care but apparently this has been pushed back two weeks so it doesn't come out in the same week as Lady Gaga's new album...

Yeah, because they now share the same target audience.

What a crying ******* shame!

Must be extra tough for you having ''grown up'' with them. I mean I was born in 1988 so I've only known the band for a couple of years :D I go back to the classics and that's it

Extra tough is an understatement, my friend. I saw Bon Jovi open for Ratt in 1985 on their 7800 Tour after already having been a fan with "Runaway" and "She Don't Know Me" being in constant rotation on MTV the summer before.

When Slippery was released... Dude, you really had to be there to fully appreciate just how big that band and that album were starting in the winter of 1986 through 1987 (and beyond). BJ were like the Beatles of my generation back then, and I was one of their biggest fans. Seeing (and hearing) what they've become over the past 20 years is completely disheartening. Thankfully I still have those first five albums whenever I need to scratch the BJ itch.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And touring SWW they were a force live. One of the best gigs ive been to and thats saying something.

No massive arena - few thousand in Hammy Odeon. We were row 5. Immense.

'Knockout' video:

Banal, very basic song... but I don't absolutely hate it. I feel like I've heard it 10 times over on their recent albums, though.

'Knockout' video:

Banal, very basic song... but I don't absolutely hate it. I feel like I've heard it 10 times over on their recent albums, though.

Everything I've heard off this new album is just absolutely dreadful to my ears. It's pretty much the same way I felt about the past 2 albums.

Not that I care but apparently this has been pushed back two weeks so it doesn't come out in the same week as Lady Gaga's new album...

Yeah, because they now share the same target audience.

What a crying ******* shame!

And now that Alica Keys is releasing her new album on the same date as Bon Jovi (November 4) I could really see them pushing back the release again :D this could go on forever hahaha no I doubt they'll postpone again but would be funny

The album, for me, pretty much rates where the last few have. I don't have quite the hatred for the band that most people have. It's all very disappointing, but I don't think they're unlistenable or anything. It's just very plain rock. But anyway, I will say I do like two songs on this album;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zslqj6r9kPM

Edit - sorry, sound quality on 'I will drive you home' sounds inaudible... but it's a nice tune, imo.

well haven't got the time to check out this new album but i bet it must be around 60-65% type of album

still occasionally rotate 'These Days', 'Keep The Faith', and the first 5 albums, they were really a fine band back then, now it's really a history

It's the sort of thing you can put on in the background and not offend anybody.

We have to face it , there will never be another Slippery When Wet or New Jersey.

I really liked HAND but that was where it ended for me

It's the sort of thing you can put on in the background and not offend anybody.

That's what they are these days. Like I said above, I'm nowhere near the furious hater that 95% of the board seems to be. They're a very different band these days, but I just don't have that hatred many here have.

The ironic (and confusing) thing about their sound is that it sounds like they've kind of evolved to be a pop rock band to fit in with the sounds of 2016... except, I doubt they're getting any radio play because this style isn't - as far as I know - what is popular these days... but it still just sounds like really safe, modern pop rock aimed at radio... which doesn't get played on radio, as far as I know.

For me, they have more in common with bands like Hootie & The Blowfish, or Danko Jones or something like that as opposed to the "real Bon Jovi."

I will say that this one ain't bad as what I first expected.

I can understand why many people (of our genre) hated it, well still there's no sign of their 80s hard rock root at all (but it's no surprise, it's gone since 'Crush' anyway). It's still pretty much melodic and accessible, but it's a modern pop rock one, maybe not too far off from the likes of Seven and The Sun, SR-71, or maybe alternative rock bands that were out on mid-to-late 90s and early 00s.

A nice mix of upbeat songs and slow ballads make it a quite diverse album. Counting the 12 original tracks, maybe it'll worth around 72-74%, still don't give a strong reason to go rush out to buy the CD, but well maybe we can say it's a better output since HAND ?

It's not bad, a handful of good tracks spread over the 17, the title track is great, as is 'I Will Drive You Home', but there are no really bad ones either. It's far from dreadful, although it is pretty safe with no real surprises along the way and pretty much what you would expect, with the pulse rate meter not really doing too much action. Hater will hate, likers will like..whatever

It's still pretty much melodic and accessible, but it's a modern pop rock one, maybe not too far off from the likes of Seven and The Sun, SR-71, or maybe alternative rock bands that were out on mid-to-late 90s and early 00s.

As a massive fan of SR-71, I would kindly ask you to refrain from comparing them to modern day Bon Jovi, or Seven & The Sun, in fact. Completely different types and styles of bands you're dealing with there. If Bon Jovi sounded anything like SR-71 I'd be as into them as I was in 1988. Sorry mate, crazy commentary. ;)

I love the first two singles, but I don't like the rest of the album.

The production sometimes sound strange to me.

I don't like the ballads, scars on my guitar is boring, come on up to our house is predicteble, and labor of love......... This sound like Chris Isak hit (wicked game) the video is similar too.