BON JOVI - "This House Is Not For Sale" (2016)

AlphaMale

It's still pretty much melodic and accessible, but it's a modern pop rock one, maybe not too far off from the likes of Seven and The Sun, SR-71, or maybe alternative rock bands that were out on mid-to-late 90s and early 00s.

As a massive fan of SR-71, I would kindly ask you to refrain from comparing them to modern day Bon Jovi, or Seven & The Sun, in fact. Completely different types and styles of bands you're dealing with there. If Bon Jovi sounded anything like SR-71 I'd be as into them as I was in 1988. Sorry mate, crazy commentary. ;)

I don't hear much SR-71, but my point is they sound like those bands that came out in the late 90s, I think you can differentiate them much better, but most of them to me kinda sound identical :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the album on Spotify and didn't hear anything that moved the needle. I listen to practically every new release with a faint glimmer of hope that I may be pleasantly surprised, and I typically come away feeling thoroughly unimpressed. It's unfortunate to see the band slip deeper into sonic mediocrity.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Nightrain.....I HATE what Bon Jovi has become...BUT....I will say, that there ARE a handful of really good songs on this. Not that they 'rock'...but some really good songs nonetheless....

Are the bonus tracks on the deluxe version worth ponying up the extra $3?

well you get 5 tracks for a price of one burger, I will say it's worth it, but judging by my own score, I only like 'I Will Drive You Home' but the rest are okay, maybe 'All Hail The King' is passable. 'We Don't Run' is good but it's a released song.

Another alternative is, don't buy this album now, some people maybe hate it so much they'll throw away the whole deluxe album at ebay for $3 so you get a really good bargain :D

I'm not a big BJ fan anymore (of the band that is)

But I am more than happy to admit that I was a huge fan up until just before Crush

What pisses me off is all those who say they always hated BJ.

At some point, MOST people at least liked Livin' on A Prayer or You Give Love or Dead Or Alive

The debut is still a top 10 album for me.....classic

They have a good handful of classic albums. It's why I don't love the direction they've taken, but I will always give them a fair go.

Yeah, while I'm not really bothered with their newer stuff, they managed to do what they needed to to sell music and stick around in a fairly strong way.

Possibly moved with their aging female fans and made the music the 50 year old moms wanted to hear....

I think so. I heard Metallica are doing the same ( but I am not into Metallica , they bore me).

The new song and video are very good and so drammatic. After buying and hearing "This house is nit for sale" I must admit that I still love this band.

I caught "New Year's Eve" (the movie) the other day for the first time, and it was actually an enjoyable holiday season watch.

However... Jon Bongiovi should really stick to singing and forget about acting as he was NOT good (not quite as horrific his role in U-571, but certainly not good).

But the song he sang, (as a duet with the gal from Glee) was not bad at all. Much better, in fact, than almost anything I've heard on a Bon Jovi record the past decade plus (probably longer in my opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been watching all these videos, but they're all proper productions, are they? Jeez Jon and Tico look old these days... that's a whole lot of grey for ol' Jon. No real close-ups of David Bryan, but from afar he looks exactly the same as... well, always. He has always looked the same, for over 30 years!