BON JOVI - "This House Is Not For Sale" (2016)

AlphaMale

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7385173/bon-jovi-completes-new-album-returns-universal-music-group

Bon Jovi Completes New Album, Returns to Universal Music Group

5/25/2016 by Michele Amabile Angermiller and Ray Waddell

Bon Jovi shared some big news on Twitter today (May 25), announcing that a new album, to be titled This House Is Not For Sale, is completed.

To celebrate, the band posted a photo taken at Electric Lady Studio in New York City on its website, which included band members Jon Bon Jovi, David Bryan, Tico Torres, Hugh McDonald, Phil X and producer John Shanks.

After word arrived last summer that Bon Jovi had fulfilled its contract on Mercury Records, in what lead singer Jon Bon Jovi called the “end of an era,” the new album will be released in partnership with Island/Universal Music Group, according to a source, marking the group's return to UMG. Indeed, the singer is proudly wearing a label shirt in the photo.

CjUUBvPVEAAveHo.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh's in the band!
Wonder if he gets to be in the film clips as well now?

I think I heard a new song on the radio the other day which sounded a lot like them.

Light poppy rock is the best way to describe it. Sounded ok, but I'm not inspired to run out and buy the CD.

They lost me around Crush.

Amazingly this is right about half way through their career time wise and album wise.

I'm not sitting here wondering what I missed... lol

To their credit, they made all the right moves to perpetuate themselves.

Had they not started targeting the light rock crowd, they surely would have died.

Never listened to them in full, but everytime a friend of mine had his iPod on shuffle I was surprised when I heard a good Bon Jovi song and upon looking found out that they were from ''Have A Nice Day'' or ''Bounce'' (just listen to the solo on the song ''Have A Nice Day'' and you'll realize there was still hope). I couldn't tell you any song names cause I would have to go back and listen to those albums myself but I think there were at least a few good tracks on the aforementioned ''Bounce'' and ''Have A Nice Day''. I think ''Lost Highway'' is where things really startet going south and the following album (The Circle) couldn't save things either

This House is not for sale. Worst album name ever! I stayed on longer than most. Have a nice day was my last album.

Completely agree about the album title. I absolutely hate it. For an album title, it is absolutely truly horrendous.

Anyway, I'm still on board. Always interested to hear what Bon Jovi release. Though I thought by now Sambora would be back, and it just really doesn't feel right without him. Hoping for something good, but very skeptical, to be honest.

So sad that the 30th. anniversary of one of the greatest albums in our genre's history will come and go without so-much as a whimper.

Jon and Richie must REALLY be on pretty much f-u terms now-a-days, I suppose? This would have been the perfect time for a reunion and a SWW anniversary tour. But those days are LONG gone, and my desire to revive them is little more than wasted time. Hell, the two minutes I just spent writing this comment are two minutes while on my death-bed I'm sure I'll wish I had back.

Absolutely ZERO interest in this one... none!

I remain open minded. There have been tracks from all the recent albums that I have liked, yes even 'The Circle', 'What About Now' and 'Burning Bridges', so I remain in hope that they still have it in them to give us some decent tunes, although a classic album, I very much doubt.

I think the title is a simple metaphor.

I'm guessing Jon has privately been offered MUCHO DINERO to reconnect with Richie and release a new album that harkens back to the glory days.

He's made it very clear he has no interest in doing anything like that. He may be an asshole, but at least he's not a lying asshole.

Thanks for the memories, Jon. Adios, amigo.

• My Little Pony

There doesn't appear to be any bad blood between Jon and Richie. I don't know why folks are implying there is.

Jonjovi lost their sound after New Jersey. Can't stand 99% of what came after that

• My Little Pony

In all honesty, this is one band that I pretty much completely ignore. Even if the first three/four albums are considered classics.

If Jon and Richie were on good terms, wouldn't he be in the band?

You'd think so, especially in an era whereby "Reunions" are so incredibly profitable. But Jon doesn't need Richie... The Soccer-Moms who buy his new music in droves couldn't tell you the name of one other band member, nor could they care less.

The only reason I bother posting in threads such as this is my incredible love affair with "The band that was" still remains strong to this very day. I may loath everything Jon and his band has become, but I'll forever defend those first four albums with all my being.

• My Little Pony

Might be on good terms relationally, but not musically. If Richie wants to Rock, but Jon doesn't, why would he waste his time with him? Perhaps he values his artistic output more than the money. It's not like he's hurting financially.

Might be on good terms relationally, but not musically. If Richie wants to Rock, but Jon doesn't, why would he waste his time with him? Perhaps he values his artistic output more than the money. It's not like he's hurting financially.

But does Richie "want to rock?" His solo output since 'Stranger in this town' has been far, far worse than anything Bon Jovi have ever released. Ever.