KEEL vs KIX vs HELIX

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keel for me. I really like all their discs whilst Kix have a few misses and although I don't dislike anything I have heard from Helix, the overall quality is not as strong as the best of the other two.

1. Keel

2. Kix

3. Helix

But I like all 3 bands.

Keel, purely based on their self-titled album, which I love and prefer to anything by the other 2 bands.

Love me some Kix so they got my vote. Keel was a decent band too but their catalog is hit or miss.

Never had much use for Helix aside from their singles. I don't DISlike'em but I never felt particularly compelled to start collecting their stuff.

Kix easily, even though Helix is very very excellent and a close 2nd!!

Keel is not in the same league as those 2 bands. Now don't get all uppity, but the only memorable tune for me from Keel was "The Right To Rock" and that is pretty cartoonish compared to most of the catologue of Kix and Helix.

Keel is my pick with Kix second.

I loved everything Keel did including some projects after the band like Cold Sweat Medicine Wheel Fair Game and Saber Tiger. Kix from Midnight Dynamite on was great but can take or leave the early stuff. Helix made those four great albums in a row but man they made some dreadful cds later on.

Well... I had to go with KEEL on this one.... just behind KIX.

I like all three bands. I'd be interested to know why you picked these 3 bands.

This is a tough one, but I will say Keel, Kix, Helix. Keel's s/t and Kix Blow My Fuse are pretty equal for me(both AWESOME!). Over all I do like more Keel songs than kix, and Helix is very hit and miss.

• 2 weeks later...

KEEL, Kix and then Helix........the newest CD by KEEL is pretty darn good too!

• My Little Pony

Umm...

KIX!!!!

Probably a little biased, considering I know their catalogue much better than the other two, but that does not detract anything from the fact that KIX still! kick ass! Their live show, which I witnessed for the first time on the MOR Cruise, blew me away! They are so fu*king tight, Steve's probably the best frontman I've ever seen, and Jimmy's a little monster behind the kit. All I can think about is next year's cruise, and seeing these bastards again.

Also, to answer the question why these three bands were selected: my speculation is that the name KIX is a combination of Keel and Helix.