KEEL vs KIX vs HELIX

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Kix!

Keel, by a country mile ... they're far more consistent than the other two ... I have to say, Helix have left me cold - can't see the appeal at all ...

• 3 weeks later...

Helix; then Kix (even though I haven't heard anything they've done) and then Keel wiping up the rear 'cause Keel has the most putrid, amateurish, childish lyrics in the entire genre. They might as well have been written in crayon - they're just so gawdawful lousy. It's like a fourteen year-old kid wrote the lyrics to all their songs - teeny anthems - nothing more. Before you naysay, actually read their lyrics with an open mind from an adult perspective - they are undeniably rotten. The theme of The Right To Rock sounds like a tween throwing a temper tantrum.

All my life I've been fighting

For the right to make my stand

Scream my anthem to the night

And hold the power in my hand

I'm gonna do it my way

Or not do it at all

Taking the world on my terms

I'll take it by the balls

I'm fighting for justice

For the american way

I believe in what I do

And I mean what I say

You got it - The right to rock

We've got it - The right to rock

Don't let anyone tell you

How to live your life

We won't turn it off

We'll never turn it down

'Cause it's our way of life

I'm fighting for freedom

For the golden rule

The right to say what I feel

And the right to say it to you

I don't whether to laugh, or puke. I'd likely laugh so hard that I'll end up puking. Fucking juvenile crap.

• 2 months later...

Seems to be very mixed reults on this one - I went with Kix - they're a just a good fun rock band. Keel 2nd as I love their first two albums and Helix last mainly because I haven't heard much from them but that's not to say their bad.

I agree with above. Although I own quite a lot of Helix, and "Wild In The Streets" is above the rest. Gotta love "She's Too Tough". Probably my favorite song on the cd. I know Joe Elliot wrote it and Def Leppard's version is better IMO.

Umm...

KIX!!!!

Probably a little biased, considering I know their catalogue much better than the other two, but that does not detract anything from the fact that KIX still! kick ass! Their live show, which I witnessed for the first time on the MOR Cruise, blew me away! They are so fu*king tight, Steve's probably the best frontman I've ever seen, and Jimmy's a little monster behind the kit. All I can think about is next year's cruise, and seeing these bastards again.

Also, to answer the question why these three bands were selected: my speculation is that the name KIX is a combination of Keel and Helix.

I may have said this before, but I just don't 'get' Kix. They seem to be really highly rated on this site, but other than 'Hot Wire' and 'Tear Down the Walls', the songs don't really do much for me. Clearly I'm missing something!

Umm...

KIX!!!!

Probably a little biased, considering I know their catalogue much better than the other two, but that does not detract anything from the fact that KIX still! kick ass! Their live show, which I witnessed for the first time on the MOR Cruise, blew me away! They are so fu*king tight, Steve's probably the best frontman I've ever seen, and Jimmy's a little monster behind the kit. All I can think about is next year's cruise, and seeing these bastards again.

Also, to answer the question why these three bands were selected: my speculation is that the name KIX is a combination of Keel and Helix.

I may have said this before, but I just don't 'get' Kix. They seem to be really highly rated on this site, but other than 'Hot Wire' and 'Tear Down the Walls', the songs don't really do much for me. Clearly I'm missing something!

To each his own I guess. There are a few bands back in the day that I never liked. A lot of friends thought highly of them and I though they weren't good. I love Kix though. I have to agree with KarpetRydOfunk, Steve is a killer frontman. He has always been one of my favorites and way too underrated.

• 3 weeks later...

I went with Keel, BUT! Kix is a very close 2nd. My 2 Favorites from each band Keel-s/t & Kix- Blow My Fuse are just fucking awesome to me,(on equal ground).

For those who aren't really into Helix, you MUST check out their disc "Wild In The Streets". It's the only gem in their catalog. A huge huge release.

Can't agree with that, I prefer the 3 releases prior to "Wild" but then again I grew up listening to Helix...

Helix; then Kix (even though I haven't heard anything they've done) and then Keel wiping up the rear 'cause Keel has the most putrid, amateurish, childish lyrics in the entire genre. They might as well have been written in crayon - they're just so gawdawful lousy. It's like a fourteen year-old kid wrote the lyrics to all their songs - teeny anthems - nothing more. Before you naysay, actually read their lyrics with an open mind from an adult perspective - they are undeniably rotten. The theme of The Right To Rock sounds like a tween throwing a temper tantrum.

I'm gonna do it my way

Or not do it at all

I'm fighting for justice

For the american way

I believe in what I do

And I mean what I say

How to live your life

We won't turn it off

We'll never turn it down

I'm fighting for freedom

For the golden rule

I don't whether to laugh, or puke. I'd likely laugh so hard that I'll end up puking. Fucking juvenile crap.

It was the 80's man. Lighten up. Times of partyin' and having fun!!!! Next thing you'll say is Poison was juvenile in their lyrics. It was the TIMES to be juvenile!!!

• My Little Pony

I'm gonna do it my way

Or not do it at all

I'm fighting for justice

For the american way

I believe in what I do

And I mean what I say

How to live your life

We won't turn it off

We'll never turn it down

I'm fighting for freedom

For the golden rule

It was the 80's man. Lighten up. Times of partyin' and having fun!!!! Next thing you'll say is Poison was juvenile in their lyrics. It was the TIMES to be juvenile!!!

Yeah. Too true.

I'm gonna do it my way

Or not do it at all

I'm fighting for justice

For the american way

I believe in what I do

And I mean what I say

How to live your life

We won't turn it off

We'll never turn it down

I'm fighting for freedom

For the golden rule

Yeah. Too true.

They were writing these song for TEENAGERS.