Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lonnie might be looking at some jail time in a white collar prison. Even though he should go to a pound me in the ass prison.

And become roomates with Bubba! :P

You mean bedmates...Bubba's own personal cornhole commando.

• 2023 Gold Donors

:yikes::wtf: Ok, I've been gone from the forum for about a week. When I left, this thread was only 3 pages of get wells for Lonnie. Now I come back to a 27 page thread and find out that I've been fucking screwed out of 4 Hurricane cd's. Granted, this is nothing compared to people like Adriano (who is one of the best by the way) and AOR Heaven, but I am still pissed off. I work hard for my money and like to treat myself by buying music from our genre. It's Saturday (here in Japan) and I've yet to even see an email from Lon about the possiblity of a refund. I've never had to file a claim through PayPal and now have to figure it out.

When I first started reading this thread, I was pissed off and hot. How could one of our own do this to us. I've been coming to this site for about 2-3 years and officially joined the forum a year and a half ago. Since then, so many of the members have turned me on to new bands/music that I never would have heard of. I've also had wonderful trades with some of you as well. I'm not going to let this one guy ruin my expierence here and I don't want to see it ruin everybodies fear of doing trades/business with other members. I too want to see something good come from this incident and I agree with some of the previous comments about it creating a stronger bond among us. As most of you know, I live in Japan. If anyone of you is every looking for anything from here, I am always willing to see if I can find it. I want to help keep this place the way it was. It is the reason why this is my home away from home (and my wife is always screaming at me to get off the net). I'm all for any ideas to support the HH community and will do anything I can to help participate and keep it a great place.

Scott

Keep the faith Scott!! I have remained quiet in this thread as I did not order. I almost did. Lon has been great to me in the past but I reserve to comment on this until now. We are family on this Board. Rely on us and have faith in all of us. I hope we can keep this thing we have going. :)

Well... Friday's come and gone and not too many people have heard from Lonnie or have their refunds..... <_<

• 2023 Gold Donors
Keep the faith Scott!! I have remained quiet in this thread as I did not order. I almost did. Lon has been great to me in the past but I reserve to comment on this until now. We are family on this Board. Rely on us and have faith in all of us. I hope we can keep this thing we have going. :)

I'm trying Chad. Lon was always cool to me as well. He always hooked me up with a set of his compilation series whenever he made some. He actually sent me a list of some Japanese cd's he was looking for and wanted to work out a trade or sale. It was bad timing for me at the time and I didn't get a chance to see what I could find. I now wonder had I picked the stuff up, would I have received my portion of the trade/sale.

Based on earlier posts of who ordered from Lon, here's a running list of who's owed refunds and who's received them.

OWED:

glam_junkie

Blue Tequila

BrianJ8173

Mullethead

dawallman2004

adbomiel

lizzy

heaven&hell

Gringo

SEYHEYKID

80s Metal Collector

rob62972

Georg at AORHeaven

Swazi

metalhead4life

& then

headbanger4life

Music Buy Mail

RECEIVED:

Studboy

Christine

You'll notice a slightly longer list in one of the two categories. And these are only the regulars on this site who have spoken up... who knows how many others around the world are owed money?

You can add Music Buy Mail to the "owed" list as well. -_-

Something I noticed this morning, look at what page you get when you try to go to the RnR website now:

http://www.freewebs.com/lrc72316/

This Site is Frozen

Visiting the site?

This site is currently suspended as it is under investigation for potential violations of our Terms of Service. This does not necessarily mean that the site is in violation; some abuse notifications require this action due to the nature of the potential violation.

Are you the site owner?

Your site is frozen due to potential violations of our Terms of Service.

An Email was sent to your account Email address notifying you of the violation. If you did not receive this notification, please check your spam mailbox, as the notification may have been directed there.

--------------------------

Dan, you still got those original pages archived somewhere?... "just in case" :P

If I was Lon, I'd take out a bank loan and pay everyone off, then worry about repaying the loan. If that doesn't work, there are places (at least here in Canada anyway) like Citifinancial or Household Finance. They give loans out to pretty much anyone, as long as you have verified employment. The interest rates are pretty rough, but preferable to say, legal action/fraud charges/Bubba-thinks-you-look-mighty-cute-in-them-prison-issue-tighty-whities.

FUCK the Ramirez Brothers for ever being "concocted"!

FUCK Lon for being the world's worst "businessman/liar"!

FUCK David for screwing everything else up by disseminating the "Car Crash" story.

And FUCK the rest of you stupid lot for falling for this BS!

All of you are responsible for me wasting way too much of a totally otherwise worthless Saturday morning/afternoon reading all this crap! It was like a damn (pardon the pun) "car wreck". Once I started reading, it was just impossible to stop.

And for those of you who don't know me (or care to, for that matter), let me throw in the cure-all smiley, so you know I'm joking and don't take offense at any of the above attempted humorous material: :lol:

In all seriousness, I offer my sympathies to anyone who was in any way duped by this less than savory lie-filled venture. I've been screwed a few times in the past, both in trading and in buying from eBay. I know how definitively I hated Mick Rowe, RPMMusic, Tony, and Brianna. They all lied once, twice, three times, and kept me on the line. (With Mick being the only one to eventually nut up and respond AND deliver the goods, albeit too many months late.) I know the feelings that arise from said moments, so, I can't imagine how badly you all feel. (Especially because this was supposed to be dealings with a "friend" from, at times, this ultra-tight knit community. I can't imagine how much more intense that makes the feelings.) Anyway, let me offer up my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery of all your hard-earned monies.

And also, in all seriousness, completely disregarding the utter stupidity of using a severe car accident as an excuse (as I imagine we've all been in, or known someone to be in, a vehicular accident and all either marveled at the life-changing consequences or thanked our lucky stars/the higher power we believe in that the consequences were not as severe as they could/should have been). So, let me relay to Dave my sincere happiness and best wishes on his family's safety after his accident. Close calls are also wake up calls (in my book, anyway) and I'm sure you appreciate all you have even more after that. Take care bro!

FUCK the Ramirez Brothers for ever being "concocted"!

FUCK Lon for being the world's worst "businessman/liar"!

FUCK David for screwing everything else up by disseminating the "Car Crash" story.

And FUCK the rest of you stupid lot for falling for this BS!

All of you are responsible for me wasting way too much of a totally otherwise worthless Saturday morning/afternoon reading all this crap! It was like a damn (pardon the pun) "car wreck". Once I started reading, it was just impossible to stop.

And for those of you who don't know me (or care to, for that matter), let me throw in the cure-all smiley, so you know I'm joking and don't take offense at any of the above attempted humorous material: :lol:

In all seriousness, I offer my sympathies to anyone who was in any way duped by this less than savory lie-filled venture. I've been screwed a few times in the past, both in trading and in buying from eBay. I know how definitively I hated Mick Rowe, RPMMusic, Tony, and Brianna. They all lied once, twice, three times, and kept me on the line. (With Mick being the only one to eventually nut up and respond AND deliver the goods, albeit too many months late.) I know the feelings that arise from said moments, so, I can't imagine how badly you all feel. (Especially because this was supposed to be dealings with a "friend" from, at times, this ultra-tight knit community. I can't imagine how much more intense that makes the feelings.) Anyway, let me offer up my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery of all your hard-earned monies.

And also, in all seriousness, completely disregarding the utter stupidity of using a severe car accident as an excuse (as I imagine we've all been in, or known someone to be in, a vehicular accident and all either marveled at the life-changing consequences or thanked our lucky stars/the higher power we believe in that the consequences were not as severe as they could/should have been). So, let me relay to Dave my sincere happiness and best wishes on his family's safety after his accident. Close calls are also wake up calls (in my book, anyway) and I'm sure you appreciate all you have even more after that. Take care bro!

Great post. :)

And I second those thoughts about Dave. Thank God it wasn't more serious. And not to steal a line from Springer but.... take care of yourself and each other. :lol:

Thanks for the king messages guys, it's been a crazy week but everything has settled down. Got a 2003 Honda Odessey, a sweet and secure ride. I love Honda, the resale value is amazing.

At last, something positive in what I would call the mother of all negative posts.

Cheers, Dave

Mate, you said that very well and i thank you for it. :drink:

Mate, you said that very well and i thank you for it. :drink:

That to me is SO LOW to cover up stealing with an accident...I know of 2 Members on this board that were

affected by accidents...it makes me sick... :puke:

Still waiting for my $102. And I have to wonder if anyone seriously expected to see their money returned by Friday after the stunts that lying s.o.b. has already pulled?

Ouch! 4 people above for the total of $350... Lovid did walk away with some serious cash after all...

I have the sick feeling that if Lovid wanted and had good intentions he would have refunded everyone long time ago. As said previously it takes just a click to refund, even if you have withdrawn the cash into your bank account.

Oh, and please Lovid, dont come up again with the "Ramierez had my passwords and withdrawn the cash" bullshit... be a man and give the stolen money back... then again, calling you a "man" is probably the most diametric thing to what you are... ugh.