Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! 4 people above for the total of $350... Lovid did walk away with some serious cash after all...

I have the sick feeling that if Lovid wanted and had good intentions he would have refunded everyone long time ago. As said previously it takes just a click to refund, even if you have withdrawn the cash into your bank account.

You can add another 115$ to that, as this is what I pre-ordered for. <_<

I did get a pm from Lon a couple of days ago telling me that he will be refunding everyone's money.

He said he can only do a couple a day because he's refunding everyone out of his own pocket.

I'm not posting this to start anything I just wanted to let everyone know what he told me, so hopefully he's able to come through on it.

I can't speak to how serious some of you are in your "I didn't get my $XXX.XX refund." posts, but, I'm guessing/hoping it's mostly joknigly to keep your level of sanity up/anger down. I mean, if what he told Wes was true, IF you ever see your money, it probably won't be for a LONG time. (I mean, who's believing ANYTHING anymore.)

If I was Lon, I'd take out a bank loan and pay everyone off, then worry about repaying the loan. If that doesn't work, there are places (at least here in Canada anyway) like Citifinancial or Household Finance. They give loans out to pretty much anyone, as long as you have verified employment. The interest rates are pretty rough, but preferable to say, legal action/fraud charges/Bubba-thinks-you-look-mighty-cute-in-them-prison-issue-tighty-whities.

I concur wholeheartedly. If I put myself in this predicament, I think I'd want to try to appease as many people as I could in as quick a manner as possible and this would seem to do the trick most nicely. There are options. They just need to be looked into.

I know the trust level of people you have dealings with online may take a hit, but, I hope after all is said and done, everyone gets back their money. (The trust factor has to be ruined to a degree, not only with one individual from here, but in general, when dealing with monetary transactions/trading collectibles with people online. I wish everyone the best and most careful and completely fulfilled quickly dealings from here on out. But, I can also say, that's why I don't buy/trade anymore. Been burned too much. I'll deal with my "smaller" collection now, but with the knowledge I'm safe from getting ripped off yet another time.)

With the refunds obviously not coming, and Lonnie absent with any further 'information', I really hope this situation just doesn't 'blow over' and he gets away with this CRIME. I really go back and forth in my mind on what I actually believe happened. All I know is that I want my (@*(#&@ money back and the fact that he's disappeared really pisses me off!

It's still hard to believe a respected member here would do that to people he once called "friends". :blink:

You can now add the word "once" in front of the word "respected," as well.

Has anyone heard from Lonnie or seen him lurking on the board since Friday?

yep, seen his id logged in on this board early this morning, also you can click on his id and see when he last logged in.......... :angry:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12056

Well now we know why it was so impressive huh?

Like you know I got this new label, and Im reissuing LILLIAN AXE - LOVE AND WAR with 50 bonus tracks.

Im still in awe. Its amazing what money does to people.

Hey thanks for posting that man. Reminds me of what a dumbass I was.... :P

JL

Like you know I got this new label, and Im reissuing LILLIAN AXE - LOVE AND WAR with 50 bonus tracks.

JL

Yeah, and if Lonnie had been able to hold off starting this thread for a couple more days, I would have joined you. I figure I would have been good for $100 or so.

JL

No shit!! Me too!!! Thanks!! :crying: Later Rich

Yeah, and if Lonnie had been able to hold off starting this thread for a couple more days, I would have joined you. I figure I would have been good for $100 or so.

Hi

Just a quick update to inform you that the only thing I received from Lonnie was a (wrong) tracking number of a package including one Casanova cd that I won from him/David (?) on ebay a few weeks ago, before the scandal. I opened a complaint through Paypal about this cd and closed the case as I promised after I received it last week. Now I have "only" 2 complaints against him...

I asked him the right tracking number of the package with the cds that I bought from him (almost $1,000.00) and the reply was an "I have many things to resolve, wait your time"..."you can wait for your package, it will arrive any day"..."I will send you all papers/proofs". He also promised me the refund for the 3 Hurricane cds that I pre-ordered during the weekend, and guess what? nothing...He said me that he is paying who pre-ordered the Hurricane cds from his own pockets, and that he never gave me any reason to doubt about his words or honesty...asked me at least the benefit of doubt...actually I was giving him...but now I am despaired...liar!

all the best

Adriano

Hi

Just a quick update to inform you that the only thing I received from Lonnie was a (wrong) tracking number of a package including one Casanova cd that I won from him/David (?) on ebay a few weeks ago, before the scandal. I opened a complaint through Paypal about this cd and closed the case as I promised after I received it last week. Now I have only 2 complaints against him...

I asked him the right tracking number of the package with the cds that I bought from him (almost $1,000.00) and the reply was an "I have many things to resolve, wait your time"..."you can wait for your package, it will arrives any day"..."I will send you all papers/proofs". He also promised me the refund for the 3 Hurricane cds that I pre-ordered during the weekend, and guess what? nothing...He said me that he is paying who pre-ordered the Hurricane cds from his ownh pockets, and that he never gave me any reason to doubt about his words or honesty...asked me at least the benefit of doubt...actually I was giving him...but now I am despaired...liar!

all the best

Adriano

Sorry to hear this, Adriano !! -_- I fear that we will probably have to write our money off. PayPal is not going to be of much help either. :angry:

Has anyone from HH tried to talk/send e-mails to Kelly Hansen and Hurricane about this whole nightmare ? Perhaps everyone that's been ripped off and them can work together on this. If it's already been mentioned I apologize for not reading ALL of your posts. Anyway you'd probably stand a much better chance of getting legal action brought fourth against Lon.

Has anyone from HH tried to talk/send e-mails to Kelly Hansen and Hurricane about this whole nightmare ? Perhaps everyone that's been ripped off and them can work together on this. If it's already been mentioned I apologize for not reading ALL of your posts. Anyway you'd probably stand a much better chance of getting legal action brought fourth against Lon.

Coincidentally I am going to see Kelly this week with Foreigner. My buddy works the venue where the performance is taking place and I am hoping to talk with him and will surely bring this up.

Yes, both Kelly Hansen and Jay Schellen are aware of it and from all what Kelly told me he has forwarded it to the Foreigner management, which are handling his business affairs.

Georg

Here are excerpts from an e-mail Lon sent me yesterday regarding refunds. He told me it was ok to post this on HH. I feel communication is always VERY important no matter what the dispute, but never more vital than right now.

Tony

Of course i have every intention of paying everyone, it is only right. Do i believe i am responsible to do so, in a matter of speaking no, i was not the one who took the money. But being a stand up person i am, i am doing this out of my own pocket. It is going to take some time, but it is the best i can do. As far as getting a loan, i'm not going to do that. I have already spoke with paypal and so has my lawyer, and they know exactly what is going on and that i am doing what i can. Paypal knows it was not me who cleaned out the account, as it went to a bank in memphis. All my info was changed etc, i didn't catch that till after the fact. Another fact no one knows, but it doesn't matter. People have already made up there mind and that is fine too. Everyone at HH has to point the finger somewhere and have all their conspiracy theories. So it is not a place i need to be a part of anyway.

As far as Adriano goes, i don't owe him anything but for the preorder stuff. His other cd's were mailed, so he has not been hit with anything. He will get his stuff as promised. If anyone is in danger of losing anything it is me, because he filed his claim with paypal, so now he will receive the cd's and i am sure paypal will refund his money. but Adriano is such a standup guy or so he has everyone believing.

And Georg, things are being done to get him taken care of as well. Why do you think all the others are taking so long. And your little post on who is owed and who has been refunded is totally wrong, there have been alot more refunds that no one has spoke up about.

So i am doing all i can, that is all i can do.... At least i am trying to do something about it.

Lonnie

Here are excerpts from an e-mail Lon sent me yesterday regarding refunds. He told me it was ok to post this on HH. I feel communication is always VERY important no matter what the dispute, but never more vital than right now.

Tony

Of course i have every intention of paying everyone, it is only right. Do i believe i am responsible to do so, in a matter of speaking no, i was not the one who took the money. But being a stand up person i am, i am doing this out of my own pocket. It is going to take some time, but it is the best i can do. As far as getting a loan, i'm not going to do that. I have already spoke with paypal and so has my lawyer, and they know exactly what is going on and that i am doing what i can. Paypal knows it was not me who cleaned out the account, as it went to a bank in memphis. All my info was changed etc, i didn't catch that till after the fact. Another fact no one knows, but it doesn't matter. People have already made up there mind and that is fine too. Everyone at HH has to point the finger somewhere and have all their conspiracy theories. So it is not a place i need to be a part of anyway.

As far as Adriano goes, i don't owe him anything but for the preorder stuff. His other cd's were mailed, so he has not been hit with anything. He will get his stuff as promised. If anyone is in danger of losing anything it is me, because he filed his claim with paypal, so now he will receive the cd's and i am sure paypal will refund his money. but Adriano is such a standup guy or so he has everyone believing.

And Georg, things are being done to get him taken care of as well. Why do you think all the others are taking so long. And your little post on who is owed and who has been refunded is totally wrong, there have been alot more refunds that no one has spoke up about.

So i am doing all i can, that is all i can do.... At least i am trying to do something about it.

Lonnie

Uhhm...OK, well who else has seen this ghost of a refund he is talking about? Please speak up now...I am curious...

JL

Tony

Lonnie

I'm still surprised everytime I read this thread. What Lonnie told Koogs sure doesn't shed any new positive light on the issue. I wonder for how long this one will haunt the HH community?

Tony,

I would like to hear your opinion about Lonnie´s email. He told me the same thing, I am not sure if I should believe or not. I was contacting him during the weekend, but he stoped to reply my emails. I just asked him to send me any proof, he only provided me a wrong tracking number from another package.

He also made an insurance of $1,200 for the same package, I also asked him to send me the receipt via email. Again, he didn´t send me anything. He would try to help me to certify about the whole history, IF he is telling the truth. I totally agree with you, the communication is VERY important. But he didn´t gave me the tracking number, or the receipt of the insurance, anything...is it not a case to suspect? Am I wrong?

Of course if I receive the package I will close the dispute on Paypal, I NEVER think to take the cds and the money, I always choose for the right way. You know me. Seems like he was trying to say that I would like to get the package with 8 cds, and the refund from Paypal...he was really confused...

Almost one month from the date that he said he sent package (jan, 19), and any notice, no proof, anything. He also affirmed that I made my mind about this scandal, but if he doesn´t proof what he say, how can I trust in him?

all the best

Adriano

PS: Dan, I also would like to hear your opinion about Lonnie´s email, it´s very important to me, if you want, you can send a pm.