Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the police involved yet?

is loony ( lonnie ) been arrested for his crimes?

I bet he is hoping to not do time for this.

Oookay, I see a lot of people asking if he got arrested yet. Well... this is not some TV drama, so I dont think he's going to get arrested anytime soon. The only way to get arrested would be if the band and/or someone else sues him AND he gets convicted. Somehow I doubt this will happen, unless there is someone really adventurous to fork out thousands for attorneys in hope to recover whatever lost in preorders... So Lovid is okay, and will even walk away with some cash to spare, in my opinion...

No, no money yet. -_-

But now PayPal is asking me why I instructed my bank to withdraw the debit note.

This is going to be fun .............. ! :angry:

OK. In the meantime my bank pulled the money back from PayPal and it has been booked back onto my bank account. BUT now I have a minus balance on my PayPal account and I can not send money anymore as long as this case has not been closed.

Great ! :angry:

No, no money yet. -_-

But now PayPal is asking me why I instructed my bank to withdraw the debit note.

This is going to be fun .............. ! :angry:

OK. In the meantime my bank pulled the money back from PayPal and it has been booked back onto my bank account. BUT now I have a minus balance on my PayPal account and I can not send money anymore as long as this case has not been closed.

Doncha just love that. It doesn't matter if you're the one that got screwed, as long as PayPal gets their cut...

Ouch, could it be GayPal know Lovid doesnt have sufficient funds in his account and so they are mad at you coz they cannot pass the loss back to you (well, they obviously did pass it anyway)?

I filed my claim a while back and haven't heard a thing from them... not even a pending. Today's Friday and I guess we'll see if Lonnie makes good on his promise. It would be a good start :drink:

I filed my claim a while back and haven't heard a thing from them... not even a pending. Today's Friday and I guess we'll see if Lonnie makes good on his promise. It would be a good start :drink:

Dream on man... I'll do the same, time to ZzZzee :)

Dream on man... I'll do the same, time to ZzZzee :)

I got my refund yesterday, it had been pending for days but now it has cleared. All the money I spent has been put back in my Paypal account. So I may be one of the lucky ones so far. I hope everyone else gets theirs!

I did get a pm from Lon a couple of days ago telling me that he will be refunding everyone's money.

He said he can only do a couple a day because he's refunding everyone out of his own pocket.

I'm not posting this to start anything I just wanted to let everyone know what he told me, so hopefully he's able to come through on it.

I'm guessing no refunds yet?

BrianJ and Christine both mentioned that they had gotten some form of refund; just curious, are they still showing as "pending" or did they go through? <_<

Mike

I think Lovid refunded several people with small preorders with the leftover money he probably got locked in the paypal account (assuming one can refund while the account is locked) or he just initiated manual echeck refunds - hence the pending state.

In either case it is quite clever move coz those people announce they got refunds and give hope to the others, while he clears all the funds from his bank account and walks away undisturbed.

Unless PayPal majorly steps in somehow (which is unheard of) I dont see refunds coming, hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, this is what I was thinking as well.

I am really glad you guys are seeing some of your money. Fortunately, or unforutnately, however your wish to look at it, Lonnie's credibilty has went down the crapper. Anyplace that he hangs is virtual hat, or with any metalhead, or band or lable or whatever.

From this week's AOR Heaven newsletter:

Howdy melodic rockers,

Oh dear, what looked so promising in the early stages turned out as a real nightmare. I’m speaking about the new US label Rock Reissue Records and their first bunch of releases incl. both Hurricane re-issues. Meanwhile the smoke has cleared and it’s crystal clear that the label owner Lonnie Holdaway is a just another criminal jerk, which has not only us ripped off for nearly 5000$, also plenty of other AOR fans which ordered online through his website won’t see a penny of their money which they paid in advance.

This guy also didn’t secured the rights for none of the titles which he announced (incl. other expected re-issues incl. Robert Tepper, Valentine, Jim Jidhed, Billy Squier), but meanwhile Kelly Hansen and the guys from Hurricane are starting to talking serious action against this bastard.

We have learned our lesson and in the future we better double check with the atists when it comes to dealing with a new label.

Have a great week

Georg

From this week's AOR Heaven newsletter:

Howdy melodic rockers,

Oh dear, what looked so promising in the early stages turned out as a real nightmare. I’m speaking about the new US label Rock Reissue Records and their first bunch of releases incl. both Hurricane re-issues. Meanwhile the smoke has cleared and it’s crystal clear that the label owner Lonnie Holdaway is a just another criminal jerk, which has not only us ripped off for nearly 5000$, also plenty of other AOR fans which ordered online through his website won’t see a penny of their money which they paid in advance.

This guy also didn’t secured the rights for none of the titles which he announced (incl. other expected re-issues incl. Robert Tepper, Valentine, Jim Jidhed, Billy Squier), but meanwhile Kelly Hansen and the guys from Hurricane are starting to talking serious action against this bastard.

We have learned our lesson and in the future we better double check with the atists when it comes to dealing with a new label.

Have a great week

Georg

That pretty much sums it up.

Music Buy Mail's weekly newsletter just coming across now:

We have received lots of mails and pre-orders regarding the Hurricane re-issues and we want to inform you about the situation as you might have heard about all the rumours on the internet:

The label RnR Records (Rock N Reissue Records) informed us about their forthcoming releases, the Hurricane re-issues among others, and we placed an order long ago. Late January the label owner, if you can call him “label owner”, Lonnie Holdaway sent us an e-mail by telling us that the stock of both Hurricane CDs, ROBERT TEPPER and BILLY SQUIER arrive in first week of February. We agreed on a price, shipping terms and prepaid our order. That’s all what happened so far. No CD delivery, most probably not one CD has ever been manufactured, no answers on my mails, an answering machine on his phone line and a few days later his website was offline. Messages of a car crash have been crossing the web but for our understanding all this messages are stupid. Mr. Holdaway is doing unserious and criminal business!

I really have to wonder at what point does the total dollar amount of the fraud become high enough that Federal Authorities become interested, as opposed to just local.

-Dan

Music Buy Mail's weekly newsletter just coming across now:

We have received lots of mails and pre-orders regarding the Hurricane re-issues and we want to inform you about the situation as you might have heard about all the rumours on the internet:

The label RnR Records (Rock N Reissue Records) informed us about their forthcoming releases, the Hurricane re-issues among others, and we placed an order long ago. Late January the label owner, if you can call him “label owner”, Lonnie Holdaway sent us an e-mail by telling us that the stock of both Hurricane CDs, ROBERT TEPPER and BILLY SQUIER arrive in first week of February. We agreed on a price, shipping terms and prepaid our order. That’s all what happened so far. No CD delivery, most probably not one CD has ever been manufactured, no answers on my mails, an answering machine on his phone line and a few days later his website was offline. Messages of a car crash have been crossing the web but for our understanding all this messages are stupid. Mr. Holdaway is doing unserious and criminal business!

I really have to wonder at what point does the total dollar amount of the fraud become high enough that Federal Authorities become interested, as opposed to just local.

-Dan

I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me if all these retailers/customers compared notes, I'd bet the combined amount they lost would definitely be large enough for one helluva lawsuit...

Even though he should go to a pound me in the ass prison.

"Office Space" reference... nice. :drink:

I'm guessing no refunds yet?

BrianJ and Christine both mentioned that they had gotten some form of refund; just curious, are they still showing as "pending" or did they go through? <_<

Mike

Mine came through this morning. I guess he processed mine quickly because it was only one disc... not much cash to part with. I hate to think how long others will have to wait (especially Georg and Adriano). :angry: