Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So realistically do you guys think you'll ever see another dime of that money you sent him ?

I guess we will know the answer to this question in two days (he said everyone will be refunded by friday, if you can take his word...)

So realistically do you guys think you'll ever see another dime of that money you sent him ?

I guess we will know the answer to this question in two days (he said everyone will be refunded by friday, if you can take his word...)

Yeah, that is the mother of all "If's!!"

Wow all that going on from a car accident. I had no idea. I had one deal with Lonnie and that was for the free CDR's he sent to anyone who gave him an address. I had no further dealings. I for one am not interested in any reissues so I had no interest in the Hurricane CD's. Geoff, I happen to agree with your sentiments about Joe selling a CDR to Jim and the band not realizing it. They get no money because it's not available anyway. I just hope everyone gets their money back but I have a hard time believing that Lonnie will ever be trusted again. I was wondering why he deleted me from his myspace page. Guess everyone on HH got deleted. Or maybe it was just me. LOL. Well that's my 2 cents worth. Since I only have 2 nickels to rub together that leaves me 8 cents for coffee tomorrow morning.

Wow all that going on from a car accident. I had no idea. I had one deal with Lonnie and that was for the free CDR's he sent to anyone who gave him an address. I had no further dealings. I for one am not interested in any reissues so I had no interest in the Hurricane CD's. Geoff, I happen to agree with your sentiments about Joe selling a CDR to Jim and the band not realizing it. They get no money because it's not available anyway. I just hope everyone gets their money back but I have a hard time believing that Lonnie will ever be trusted again. I was wondering why he deleted me from his myspace page. Guess everyone on HH got deleted. Or maybe it was just me. LOL. Well that's my 2 cents worth. Since I only have 2 nickels to rub together that leaves me 8 cents for coffee tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I think it's funny everything is set to private now on his myspace account. He doesn't want anybody posting anything bad that might ruin his great reputation <_< .

JL

Did anyone call to see if he was at work yesterday or today?

He's been on twice in this thread since I've been in here.

Wow! That was a long read.

I haven't really been around for a couple of months but, when I read about the Hurricane reissues on Bravewords.com, I knew where to go to find the details. I checked out Lonnie's site but didn't pre-order. Over the years I have learned the hard way about pre-orders so I figured I'd wait and see what the consensus was when the CDs arrived to other buyers. I have all the Hurricane releases on CD but the idea of acquiring bonus tracks, live material, and autographs was very enticing. Next day I read Melodicrock.com and Andrew's post about the reissues not being legit.....now this thread. Geez, what a set of events!

I've never dealt with Lon, never traded with him, never bought anything from him. I don't know the guy. What I did know about him was that he was a respected member of this community. As I've gone through these last 25 pages, I've come to my own conclusion that it all boils down to greed. People's hard-earned money is missing from around the globe and Lon is the one with the immeadiate responsibility. Whether Lon was just a middleman or not makes no difference, when you get involved in any sort of business, you always take the time to know all the details. I just can't buy the excuses of not looking inside the shipping box for the finished product or not looking at the contracts. Hello! Common sense!

With all the bootlegs and suspect reissues coming out more frequently, it really sucks to find out that one of your own was involved in such a scam. The only good that can come from this is a hard lesson learned and a smarter collecting community for it. If a fund is set up (as was mentioned by someone pages ago), I will gladly help out as well.

Steve

No, no money yet. -_-

But now PayPal is asking me why I instructed my bank to withdraw the debit note.

This is going to be fun .............. ! :angry:

Still waiting here as well. I guess I should expect a refund tomorrow lol. <_<

I really feel bad for everyone who are waiting for their money to be returned. It's a horrible thought knowing you sent someone you thought you could trust money in good faith never really expecting this to happen.

I have to say what hurts me the most is I've been sitting here VERY anxiously waiting for these damn reissues for a few months and then this happens. It's like a little kid going to sleep on Christmas eve with a bunch of presents under the tree and waking up in the morning to find them all gone. So I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and try to acquire the originals knowing what they are going for or go back to waiting and hope some day the things are actually reissued for real.

It's nice to see everyone really coming together as a group though during all this crap. :)

I really feel bad for everyone who are waiting for their money to be returned. It's a horrible thought knowing you sent someone you thought you could trust money in good faith never really expecting this to happen.

I have to say what hurts me the most is I've been sitting here VERY anxiously waiting for these damn reissues for a few months and then this happens. It's like a little kid going to sleep on Christmas eve with a bunch of presents under the tree and waking up in the morning to find them all gone. So I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and try to acquire the originals knowing what they are going for or go back to waiting and hope some day the things are actually reissued for real.

It's nice to see everyone really coming together as a group though during all this crap. :)

I know if I ever see my money again I will have to re-purchase the Hurricane cd's that I sold to buy the "re-issues"... <_<

JL

I know if I ever see my money again I will have to re-purchase the Hurricane cd's that I sold to buy the "re-issues"... <_<

JL

Ouch!

Lon is in the room right now.

How about those refunds there good ole buddy?!?!?

People are still waiting.......

Doesn't take long for him to leave after asking that does it :)

JL

Doesn't take long for him to leave after asking that does it :)

JL

Shocking, huh? :D

No, no money yet. -_-

But now PayPal is asking me why I instructed my bank to withdraw the debit note.

This is going to be fun .............. ! :angry:

Give them a link to this thread. I doubt they will register in order to read it, but its their problem.

I'm guessing no refunds yet?

BrianJ and Christine both mentioned that they had gotten some form of refund; just curious, are they still showing as "pending" or did they go through? <_<

Mike

I'm guessing no refunds yet?

BrianJ and Christine both mentioned that they had gotten some form of refund; just curious, are they still showing as "pending" or did they go through? <_<

Mike

I think Lovid refunded several people with small preorders with the leftover money he probably got locked in the paypal account (assuming one can refund while the account is locked) or he just initiated manual echeck refunds - hence the pending state.

In either case it is quite clever move coz those people announce they got refunds and give hope to the others, while he clears all the funds from his bank account and walks away undisturbed.

Unless PayPal majorly steps in somehow (which is unheard of) I dont see refunds coming, hope I'm wrong.

Anyone else receive their refund yet?

I haven't gotten one yet; its only been 2 days though. I'm sure there are hundreds of refund requests for this guy and hopefully paypal knows this is a no-brainer/scam and just issues refunds for everyone.

I still think this is quite a shame , that this didn't have to go so far. IF and that's a big if, Lonnie was duped, I believe all he had to do was spill the news as to what was going on with all of you who purchased from him and his cousin (alter ego) and just tell the truth to his friends. But they had to go with the ruse of a car accident and get all of us worked up over it. I didn't even buy from him and I felt terrible for him. BTW with all this going on I am glad zacharyamelie (sp?) and his family are OK. But getting back to Lonnie & the CD reissue mafia. I didn't even buy from them and I'm pissed at being duped so I can't even imagine the rage you all who did buy from him are feeling. And it didn't have to come to this. So now all is burned. Friendships, business, and trust. I hope the legbreakers (aka Ramirez bros.) of the CD mob don't come after you but you will probably have to answer to the law, if you're not doing that already. Be a stand up guy(s) and refund your "friends" their hard earned money because I'm sure their trust went the way of tim garbage cans and Sweet Orrs.