Eclipse - Paradigm (Out October 11th, 2019)

Y&TForever

Reminding of Sabaton.

I'm not caring much for this new tune.

It's okay and sounds fine.  I think mostly I just don't like the subject matter and aren't really connecting with the tune.  Just don't find myself wanting to sing..."Viva La Victoria".  

And like Glen says above it's just another battle/stand up and fight type tune.  And I'm usually not bothered with accent in their stuff but I'm hearing it in spots in this song.

I'm hoping for better with the rest.  I had thought this album would be a blind pre-order but now I don't know.  I've gotta think there will be some better tunes...

Edited by tts42572

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Geoff said:

He could be singing about toothpaste for all that does for me. :(

I kinda wish it was about toothpaste. I need more motivation to brush my teeth in the morning. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

He could be singing about toothpaste for all that does for me. :(

LMAO but true!

Samples up on amazon here.  Think there are longer samples in I Tunes Japan but haven't checked that out yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Paradigm-Eclipse/dp/B07T1FJCBN/ref=tmm_msc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Samples sounding a bit "meh" to me.  It's tough to tell much from these but it all sounds very familiar.  I think I might like the second half more than the first half just based on the samples.  I just always struggle a little with weird song titles and songs like "Viva La Victoria" and "Mary Leigh" don't set me off on the right foot in terms of connecting with the songs.  They just seem like odd choices to be the leading songs on an album.

Probably will still buy this based upon how much I liked the past few albums but my excitement level has taken a nosedive.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:36 AM, melodicrock said:

Its a KILLER song and is fast and furious... the album is different...but still 100% classic Eclipse. Yes, I know that doesn't make sense...haha

....... Not sure bout all you guys, but by "fast and furios" I was expecting something more like this:

This new Eclipse track sounds more like a Eurovision Song Contest entry 

Edited by simo

I checked out the full 90 second samples of all songs on I Tunes Japan....My thoughts based on the samples...

Viva La Victoria....We know this one.  It's okay I guess but another fight/battle song with overdone subject matter.  I'll admit it's growing on me a tiny bit but still not loving it.

Mary Leigh...Another goofy subject matter tune.  I can sorta get behind "Live The Victory" in the first song....But this one I can't see myself connecting to at all.  I had to google Mary Leigh and she was some civil protester in the 1800's.  This song has all the makings of a skip for me and seems like a horrible choice for track #2 on the album.

Blood Wants Blood....Another fight tune.  Outside of the subject matter again I kinda like it musically.  But again, how many times do they need to cover this similar subject...

Shelter Me...The ballad on the album.  Okay I guess but not grabbing me.  I honestly didn't care for Hurt much on the last album and I think I'll probably feel about the same with this song.

United...We've heard this.  Not a bad tune, again overdone subject matter.  I like it better than Mary Leigh or Shelter Me though.

Delirious....Now this one is sounding good.  Kinda reminding me of Jaded a bit from the last album.

When The Winter Ends....Another good sounding tune.  Maybe the album picks up steam now?

38 or 44....Nope...Another fight type tune of some sort.  Doubting this one does much for me.

Never Gonna Be Like You....Sounding pretty good....melodic rock tune.

The Masquerade....Another interesting sounding tune with a bit of interesting tempo to it.  Think I could like this one.

Take Me Home...Not sounding too bad.  Initially I was thinking John Denver's Country Roads Take Me Home when hearing this but it got better lol.

So I don't know.  Think it'll probably be okay but based upon samples I'm also feeling like this might fall well behind the past 3 albums.

I guess we'll see.

I have 6 songs off each of their albums in my best of folder, except Bleed & Scream, where I had 4.

So it's a no brainer for me, I'll get it as soon as it comes out :)

I understand those that are sick if the fight songs....I feel the same about the cock and pussy jokes from Steel Panther. 

Over doing a good thing gets old after awhile, 

• 4 weeks later...

New tune.  Sounds okay but maybe somebody can explain the meaning of the tune?  Kinda dumb song title and subject matter imo.... Having a tough time getting into it.  I googled Mary Leigh and she was a political activist or something....unless it's a different Mary Leigh....

Edited by tts42572

Mary Leigh was a suffragette. Don't think this is about suffragettes. just a coincidence imo.

anyway it's a pretty cool tune imo. 

I've given up trying to understand what martensson is on about. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Glen said:

Mary Leigh was a suffragette. Don't think this is about suffragettes. just a coincidence imo.

anyway it's a pretty cool tune imo. 

I've given up trying to understand what martensson is on about. 

Sounds to me like a standard "I'm pissed at some woman I used to be with" song to me.