Eclipse - Paradigm (Out October 11th, 2019)

Y&TForever

13 hours ago, Crazysam said:

Solid, but for me it isn't nearly as good as the majority of songs on Are You Ready to Rock, Bleed and Scream or Armageddonize

or monumentum which I love!

2 hours ago, Glen said:

or monumentum which I love!

Yeah the last four releases have been pretty solid...hoping for more of the same

Edited by lettard

On 7/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, Tabe said:

Weird - last night when I watched the video, it said "Published June 27, 2019" hence my "it's been out a week" comment.  Now I look and it says "Published July 5, 2019".  Maybe that's why no one said anything for a week :)

Lol

On 7/6/2019 at 4:11 PM, Mr.AOR said:

boring bored to death GIF by chuber channel

Haha, I agree. Don't like that at all. All they need is some flutes and shit to make it a real nordic viking campfire classic. Not one bit of a fan. :(

22 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, I agree. Don't like that at all. All they need is some flutes and shit to make it a real nordic viking campfire classic. Not one bit of a fan. :(

if all "nordic viking campfire" music sounds this way, than I will have to check out more of that style..... 

Edited by Invisible_man

On 7/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, Geoff said:

Just listened again and I liked it even less than the first time. :lame:

I feel fairly confident that the rest will be great.

I mean Eden & Battlegrounds are shit too. there's always one stinker on their albums lol 

13 hours ago, Glen said:

I mean Eden & Battlegrounds are shit too. there's always one stinker on their albums lol 

100% agree. In recent years they always have one very similar song to this, but thankfully they've only been single tracks per album (still one too many for me).

So let's just hope this is the only one of it's type on the album. Still a really, really shitty choice for a first single from the album. Killer way to not get fans excited about your upcoming release. 

19 hours ago, Glen said:

Eden is shit??  I will say the lyrics aren't some of the best, but the chorus is greatness.

3 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Eden is shit??  I will say the lyrics aren't some of the best, but the chorus is greatness.

I love that song.  Big fan of the acoustic version of "Battlegrounds", too.

I think Glen was actually the only person on the planet that didn't like 'Eden.' Great song and I did ignore that minor detail for the correct point he was making. 'Battlegrounds' is definitely shit though. 

Just looking at the track list, I actually don't think there was a bad tune on 'Momentum.' But generally speaking they do have a shitty viking-style song on their albums. Maybe they'll have two this time to make up for the last album?

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

I think Glen was actually the only person on the planet that didn't like 'Eden.' Great song and I did ignore that minor detail for the correct point he was making. 'Battlegrounds' is definitely shit though. 

Just looking at the track list, I actually don't think there was a bad tune on 'Momentum.' But generally speaking they do have a shitty viking-style song on their albums. Maybe they'll have two this time to make up for the last album?

Eden probably was my least favorite song on the album.  I think what I didn't like about it mostly is just that I'm tiring on the whole Kings/Queens/Battle type songs from Eclipse.....They've been there, done that.  It's kinda like I never want to hear another Bon Jovi song talking about living your life your own way.  Well, maybe that's a bad example because I don't want to hear any new Bon Jovi songs period anymore lol.

I don't mind the new tune from a musical perspective.  To be honest though, again the theme of it is very worn out.  And we just had Harem Scarem do a United song a couple years ago.  

I'm sure there will be better and that the album will still be great. This first song makes me wonder a little though if Erik might be wearing himself thin on ideas with all the stuff he's been involved in.

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Eden probably was my least favorite song on the album.  I think what I didn't like about it mostly is just that I'm tiring on the whole Kings/Queens/Battle type songs from Eclipse.....They've been there, done that.  It's kinda like I never want to hear another Bon Jovi song talking about living your life your own way.  Well, maybe that's a bad example because I don't want to hear any new Bon Jovi songs period anymore lol.

I don't mind the new tune from a musical perspective.  To be honest though, again the theme of it is very worn out.  And we just had Harem Scarem do a United song a couple years ago.  

I'm sure there will be better and that the album will still be great. This first song makes me wonder a little though if Erik might be wearing himself thin on ideas with all the stuff he's been involved in.

Don't forget about all that Blood and Bleeding.... :)  Those are great songs, though!  Bleed & Scream, Blood Enemies, and we'll see how Blood Wants Blood turns out!

6 hours ago, melodicrock said:

The single is very safe - but it's there due to that gaming tournament tie-in.

Next single Viva La Victoria will blow your ears off. 

Sounds good.  Still feel like it's a strange song title though and I'm kinda having a hard time getting excited about singing a "Viva La Victoria" chorus....

And for some reason Living La Vida Loca keeps popping in my head :lol:.

Hoping it turns out great though and looking forward to the album.  

• 1 month later...